Speed work and Attitude!!!!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Clint Darden is awesome.... "You're face should never look normal when doing speed work"

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I don't like speed bench it sucks but I love to speed squat and pull.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow.. still intense..

I used to watch his videos all the time, he kinda looks like he is letting himself go.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't like speed bench it sucks but I love to speed squat and pull.

Speed bench helped me quite a bit but left my elbows beat up pretty bad... I've been on a break from it for a month now.

wow.. still intense..

I used to watch his videos all the time, he kinda looks like he is letting himself go.

He's not letting himself go trust me. He's training two sometimes three times per day so he's piling the cals on. Other things to keep in mind. He has ulcerative colitis and has a stomach distention from it. He trains, works with many clients, writes for EliteFTS, corresponds to his peeps on facetube and puts out a ton of information. He's also a father and husband. He also has a broken thumb, dislocated clavicle and a bunch of other injuries that I can't even remember. He's pretty beat up right now.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Speed bench helped me quite a bit but left my elbows beat up pretty bad... I've been on a break from it for a month now.

He's not letting himself go trust me. He's training two sometimes three times per day so he's piling the cals on. Other things to keep in mind. He has ulcerative colitis and has a stomach distention from it. He trains, works with many clients, writes for EliteFTS, corresponds to his peeps on facetube and puts out a ton of information. He's also a father and husband. He also has a broken thumb, dislocated clavicle and a bunch of other injuries that I can't even remember. He's pretty beat up right now.

that explains a lot then, i didnt realize he was so beat up..it sure shows.. . Hope he gets better, guy is a wealth of knowledge, seems like a nice guy too

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That guy is fuckin sweet

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great guy, great video. Do it!!

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The truth! When I really learned to psych myself up and focus, the weights truly started moving much easier. Mental game at its finest.

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
Does anyone have an updated video link for this?
The original video isn't working.

Reaction score
I heard a 600 lb RAW bencher from Westside say something about putting 600 lbs of force into every 300 lb rep on speed day, and I've seen guys from there who's back comes off the bench as he's reversing direction from lockout cause he's going so fast. Speed day isn't an easy day if you are doing it right.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I heard a 600 lb RAW bencher from Westside say something about putting 600 lbs of force into every 300 lb rep on speed day, and I've seen guys from there who's back comes off the bench as he's reversing direction from lockout cause he's going so fast. Speed day isn't an easy day if you are doing it right.

Absolutely. That's the point. Push as hard as u can every rep.

Sometimes I wanna let 135 fly out of my hands and see how high I can get it. Lol

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. That's the point. Push as hard as u can every rep.

Sometimes I wanna let 135 fly out of my hands and see how high I can get it. Lol

You could probably throw 315 higher than I could get 135.

Reaction score
I hope you guys are talking in KG...

No, they are talking lb's for sure. Nobody is doing those kinds of figures in Kilos unless they are top five or ten in the world in one of the very heaviest weight classes.

135 kilos for speed work would mean you are about a 600 - 650 lbs RAW bencher, and 315 kilos would make you stronger than a silverback gorilla I'm reasonably certain.

thqmas

Elite
Reaction score
No, they are talking lb's for sure. Nobody is doing those kinds of figures in Kilos unless they are top five or ten in the world in one of the very heaviest weight classes.

135 kilos for speed work would mean you are about a 600 - 650 lbs RAW bencher, and 315 kilos would make you stronger than a silverback gorilla I'm reasonably certain.

You're a sweet guy TXBenchMonster.

New Threads