Cardio absolutely necessary to reduce bodyfat?

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I know the answer but, wanted to explain where I'm coming from. I'm thinking after my next bulking blast (NPP/TPP/Dbol), I will come back down to my test cruise and then thinking to run primobolan and adjust my diet to go in a caloric deficit to start cutting BF. Now, I don't like doing cardio because I get tired quickly. Though the major new issue is that I had an MRI done on my back and I have disc bulges that get irritated when I run and in various exercises so my chiropractor told me to avoid running, speed walking is fine, and she doesn't want me to land on the concrete hard so I guess no jumping.

Would I not see any reduction in BF if I went into the caloric deficit and instead of doing cardio (not hardcore cardio but, just speed walking on a treadmill is fine) and was lifting like normal, like I am now. Would I see any benefits? Would it be worth it to do this? Or maybe instead of lifting heavy, I go low on the weight and higher reps, will that count as cardio? I want to continue lifting and not have to do the usual cardio. Or will that be pointless? Since I'm in a caloric deficit I'm not getting my protein etc. so lifting is not going to do me any good?

Lastly, is there a certain weight that I should reach before I start cutting? Right now I'm 170 and I was at 15% BF last summer, so it's been a while since I've checked, need to retest so I really hate how my belly looks bloated sometimes, usually later in the evenings once I've been eating throughout the day. So, I really want to focus on getting this slimmed down after the next blast. When I measure it, I think my stomach is 35.5". Also, I would like to see more definition so another reason I wanted to cut but, thing is that let's just say on the low end I gain 10 pounds on this next blast, so lets' say I'm at 180 lbs. is it worth it for me to cut at this weight? Or should I wait until I get higher like 200 or something?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can cut without doing cardio, but that means being very strict with your diet. By strict I mean Cashout strict. This means no junk at all!!!!! You'll need to find out your daily calorie requirement & drop into a calorie defict.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I knew a guy that hated cardio and read somewhere about cold water submersion......basically burning calories by shivering. He filled up his bath tub with cold water and just about gave himself hypothermia. He decided real quick that cardio wasn t so bad.

Cashout

Reaction score
In a nutshell, NO, you don't need to do cardio to drop bodyfat.

In my years, even when preping for shows, I've done almost no direct cardio work.

You will cut body fat as long as you have fewer calories in your body than you burn. Period.

You can do it two ways - 1) burn more calories by increasing activity (i.e. cardio) or 2) consume few calories.

I've always thought it easier to eat less than to do more work. That is the shortest path to the objective IMO.

DF is right, if you are going to follow my plan, you better be prepared to be totally committed to the goal. That is where most guys fail.

So, be prepared for this all day err day!

9 oz shredded chicken breast
1 cup cooked rice
1 medium cored apple
20 oz water

2013-01-17%2010.12.30.jpg

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
just a matter of less cals coming in than going out. if you do that you will lose weight/BF.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell, NO, you don't need to do cardio to drop bodyfat.

In my years, even when preping for shows, I've done almost no direct cardio work.

You will cut body fat as long as you have fewer calories in your body than you burn. Period.

I am used to getting Cash Boner, this time I got boner looking at his food. (slight homo)

You can do it two ways - 1) burn more calories by increasing activity (i.e. cardio) or 2) consume few calories.

I've always thought it easier to eat less than to do more work. That is the shortest path to the objective IMO.

DF is right, if you are going to follow my plan, you better be prepared to be totally committed to the goal. That is where most guys fail.

So, be prepared for this all day err day!

9 oz shredded chicken breast
1 cup cooked rice
1 medium cored apple
20 oz water

2013-01-17%2010.12.30.jpg

I am used to getting Cash Boner, this time I got boner looking at his food. (slight homo)

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's so true. I competed in a Masters competion without doing cardio. I think I got pretty shredded, although I did take Xenadrine.

Cashout

Reaction score
PFM - I aim to please and I'm glad I was able to follow through yet again! :)

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic from that show. This was before ever using anything but over the counter pro-hormones and xenadrine.
PIC2editcopy_zps2158d618.jpg

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Awesome replies.

I have to watch my diet regardless because I have pre-diabetes so cheating for me isn't just a weight thing, it's a major health issue. Not to say I still don't cheat still at times but, I still try to find the least harmful option. Anyway after all I've been eating lately, every 2 hrs etc. I'll be glad to be able to eat less for a while.

@ Cashout - do you modify your weight training when you cut? Or you do the same like you posted your routine before?

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was eating white meat fish,chicken breast, egg whites, and Isolated whey for protein. > Yams for carbs> Steamed veggies. I cut out protein bars.
I eventually got down to a 1/4 of a yam per meal, during carb depletion.
As well, I was taking a Tbsp. of Flax oil every 3 hours.

Cashout

Reaction score
@ Cashout - do you modify your weight training when you cut? Or you do the same like you posted your routine before?

No - my training remains consistent regardless of cutting or dieting.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Username1 how does your back
Feel on the stationary bike?
Have you tried the bike? It's low
impact And it's all I ever do for cardio.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Actually that's great you brought that up, I haven't done the stationary bike recently but, I don't mind riding a bike at all so that's a good option for me to do. Also the chiropractor said it was ok for me to ride the stationary bike and also elliptical. I've done the elliptical and not really have any problems with that either.

Username1 how does your back
Feel on the stationary bike?
Have you tried the bike? It's low
impact And it's all I ever do for cardio.

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll try that now. Maybe for the summer. Back then, I had never done anything. The prohormones were potent. They are all banned now, probably because they actually worked. My avatar pic is from the same group of photos.

Just run tren lol

pirovoliko

Reaction score
User there is lots of different cardio you could do that wont affect your back....maybe Im worng but I finf even a little bit of cardio is better to cut than no cardio. you wont have to go crazy

New Threads