The Media Got Catfished!

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So called journalist didnt bother to fact check Manti Te'o story. THAT should be the story, but it wont be they will ruin this kid because they are stupid fucks and it keeps the attention off their stupidity. Let me say this. I dont care if he lied or not. He is being manupilated right now and I dont like it.

I like this kid because he is a good football player nothing more nothing less. I refuse to let the media sway me into thinking he is a hero or a villian regardless of the story of the day. We are all sinners at the end of the day and we all make mistakes. I would like to see some respect given to these student athletes and privacy when or if they make a mistake. They are not pro and not compensated enough to endure this kind of crap.

If he does something to hurt himself because of this wich hunt Im going to blow a fucking gasket. Where the fuck is his coach and why isnt he pulling a Mike Gundy right now.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah poor bastard. Just say you like pp. who cares that's excepted today.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is a coach that has his players back and has the balls to call out media bullshit on his players.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm a man IM 40!!! I love this video.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Makes me wana puke.

Last line was gold.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That was the best thing I have seen in SUCH a long time. There's just something about that video that makes me want to move mountains. I would go to war with that guy.

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He's the man lol! He's so right its bullshit. Great reaming and rightfully so!!

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The problem with the media is competition for the top story. They will fuck a persons life up for ratings. He who has the most controversial or raw story at 6 wins. Who cares if its true or not Right?

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The problem with the media is competition for the top story. They will fuck a persons life up for ratings. He who has the most controversial or raw story at 6 wins. Who cares if its true or not Right?

The coaches and players should use this as a black arm band moment and shut the media off from interviews, access EVERYTHING. Unitl ESPN anyone with a mic and camera and an agenda brings some ethics back to journalism. We will still watch the games regardless of who is holding a mic before during and after the game. Use social enginering to force them to change. And stop picking these kids off the tree like bad fruit and besmirch their reputation after a mistake.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That was the best thing I have seen in SUCH a long time. There's just something about that video that makes me want to move mountains. I would go to war with that guy.

I met the whole Gundy faimly while in college in OK and known them for over 2 decades. Mike is a legit bad ass trust me, not just his glory days as a player either. He is also a gentleman, but you fuck with one of his kids youve got problems. One of the reporters he was reffering to in that smut piece was a woman or I assure you this would have made it to the parking lot. Then to Baptist Hospital.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know this is going to sound backwards, but as coaches we HATED print media and interviews where the reporter took notes. I for one learned to ONLY DO LIVE INTERVIEWS because your words could not be taken out of context. Sadly, I learned it the hard way as a coach and not as a player. Had it only been me that was maligned I would have dealt with it. Sadly enough, a mentor and long time coaching legend stopped speaking to me after a reporter took words out of context, paraphrased and flat out made up bullshit from a brief exchange we had in the endzone following a game.

Folks, the media in this country, and not just in sports, is a very significant part of our problems. A free and open, honest press is the very guardian of democracy. When the press is as fucked up and incompetent as ours is today, we end up with a corrupt, irresponsible and unaccountable bunch of thieves in public leadership.

Fuck the press,
Vette

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When the press is as fucked up and incompetent as ours is today, we end up with a corrupt, irresponsible and unaccountable bunch of thieves in public leadership.

Fuck the press,
Vette

Unaccountable...these people hide behind First Amendment laws of freedom of speech with no recourse of Libel or Slander.

^^^^^^^THIS X10

New Threads