Changes from the Heart

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Since Ive been here you guys have taught me alot. Not just in the areas we speak most about, but Ive learned form this board what I was missing in my life while in the rat race. Ive been inspired by many of you here.. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, Ive told you when I could, and paid you respect accordingly to those youngsters and Vets alike.

Youngsters and Vets alike, I said when I came here I wanted to learn and I did. Thank you from the bottm of my heart Brothers and Sisters. I feel like a stray dog thats been given a home. Oh, and I am as loyal as Hell. Let me know how I can return the favor if you need it. It is my honor to be here & thats real.

Fuck it, Im simplifying my life and going to be more focused on being a good Dad and husband. Instead of a Dad that pays the bills. My kids and faimly are more important than money and my career. Thanks guys for helping me put things in perspective. Ive applied this to this way of thinking to this last week with my faimly and its been the best week weve ever had.

Thanks for having me
BGH

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice bgh I feel same way life's always about perspective and can be what we make it based on just that! Awesome post brother!

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We need a whole board full of guys like you. Good to see people on the internet or anywhere for that matter, with their heads screwed on straight!

now if you'll excuse me I've got to go take my AI.. this thread got my e2 way up :D

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That is a great post man. It made my day.

Hardpr

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
im glad to see your finding out there is way more to life then the cash. ive been with the wife since 1979 not a typo 1979 and have 2 wonderful children. (adults)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am glad that you appreciate what we have built here.

Being a dad is one of the greatest things ever. My daughter was an unexpected surprise 11+ years ago. I made the decision that I'd be the best dad possible. I didn't want to be just a dad that forks over the cash. I must say that my little girl has never given my a day of trouble. Not one tantrum, not one gimme this gimme that..... She is truly not only the best kid I know, but the best person I know. I thank god every day that when me & her mom split that she stayed living with me.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This board is more then some roid discussion board, its loaded with decent, funny, knowledgeable bros.

I feel like even if i didnt lift or run gear i would still enjoy coming here and reading threads and talking to you jerkoffs..

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great post brother!!! I was one if those kids who's father was all about the job. Never took me to a game, never even three a ball with me!!! Never sat with me to have a talk, to find out what's going on with my life. I promised myself as I got older that I would always put my kids first. Both of my kids are older now, but I've taken my son to games, coached his team in tee-ball, baseball, football, CYO basketball. We have really great talks and an incredible relationship! As for my daughter, I can't tell you how many times I've sat to have a tea party with her when she was little or how many times we've colored together and talked. I would take her to all her dance classes and recitals, and be the first one to stand and cheer for her! She's graduating college this year and my son is graduating high school and my wife and I couldn't be prouder of these two kids we've raised together!! It's always nice to see a fathers commitment to his family. Many great times are yet to come!! Much respect my friend!!!

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Finding contentment is a wonderful thing.... Its great to know you have received more from this board than the expected...this board is unlike any other

Hollywood72

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. You ask how you can help but know that you already are. I assure you that your post will inspire someone else. It's inspired me. My world is upside down right now and you've helped me realize something - change what you can, worry about only which matters the other stuff isn't worth it.

Thank you my friend.

biggerben692000

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds like things just got really clear for you. I remember times in my life when things just seemed to fall into place. Smooth. I'm usually doing the right things and have my perspective in a healthy place.
I appreciate you letting me unload on you a little by PM the other day. It helped. This board has good people lurking around men.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Since Ive been here you guys have taught me alot. Not just in the areas we speak most about, but Ive learned form this board what I was missing in my life while in the rat race. Ive been inspired by many of you here.. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, Ive told you when I could, and paid you respect accordingly to those youngsters and Vets alike.

Youngsters and Vets alike, I said when I came here I wanted to learn and I did. Thank you from the bottm of my heart Brothers and Sisters. I feel like a stray dog thats been given a home. Oh, and I am as loyal as Hell. Let me know how I can return the favor if you need it. It is my honor to be here & thats real.

Fuck it, Im simplifying my life and going to be more focused on being a good Dad and husband. Instead of a Dad that pays the bills. My kids and faimly are more important than money and my career. Thanks guys for helping me put things in perspective. Ive applied this to this way of thinking to this last week with my faimly and its been the best week weve ever had.

Thanks for having me
BGH

being a dad is NOT easy , we walk a fine line between supporting our families by working all the time OR being with our family when they take their 1st step,play ball, etc. .speaking from my experience men tend to zone in on one thing and get stuck in that rut , we either go long stretches working to much and not being there for our family OR focusing on our families and not hustling for a living. if we could switch back and forth between the 2 more often our families wouldnt feel left out and we could still provide for them. just my 2cents worth.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great post BGH. Part of being a confident, mature man is growing enough to be humble, thankful, and to establish priorities that do not have us in first place. It is abundantly clear that you are becoming a better man every day and that my friend is the mark of success.

Much Respect,
Vette

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

Thanks for having me
BGH
Being a dad is very hard I had toss my oldest daughter out of the home for the 3rd time, she will be 19 in 1 week.

I have a younger daughter I have to protect from the older one and it's a decision of having 2 kids go downhill as I did as a kid or save one by removing the other.

Hard shit and life is rough but here we are going into our 3rd week with her gone and everyone has noticed the change in the younger for the better even her coach.

My oldest dose this to herself unlike me my parents did it to me, she has no idea what it's like to grow up with a really totally fucked up house hold but I sure do and do my best to keep my kids safe from the bullshit.

My Father chose Club, Patch, Club Members and Bike over me, he held a club meeting in his garage during a visit I had to tell me this in front of all of them. He took me to his bike and pointed at all of them and said "you see them? they come before you so does my patch and my bike. I asked were do I come in and he said I don't know somewhere down the line you do" that broke my fucking heart so I became the best dad I could and for 16 years I have been a full custody single father. My kids come before me period but I also will make the tough calls which IMO is putting them before me because for me I would have both home.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Being a dad is very hard I had toss my oldest daughter out of the home for the 3rd time, she will be 19 in 1 week.

I have a younger daughter I have to protect from the older one and it's a decision of having 2 kids go downhill as I did as a kid or save one by removing the other.

Hard shit and life is rough but here we are going into our 3rd week with her gone and everyone has noticed the change in the younger for the better even her coach.

My oldest dose this to herself unlike me my parents did it to me, she has no idea what it's like to grow up with a really totally fucked up house hold but I sure do and do my best to keep my kids safe from the bullshit.

My Father chose Club, Patch, Club Members and Bike over me, he held a club meeting in his garage during a visit I had to tell me this in front of all of them. He took me to his bike and pointed at all of them and said "you see them? they come before you so does my patch and my bike. I asked were do I come in and he said I don't know somewhere down the line you do" that broke my fucking heart so I became the best dad I could and for 16 years I have been a full custody single father. My kids come before me period but I also will make the tough calls which IMO is putting them before me because for me I would have both home.

Damn! SFG that has got to be one of the saddest things that I have ever heard. I can't even imagine how hurtful that must have been. It's great to hear that you have broken the cycle & not followed in your fathers foot steps. You are a great dad! & I have much respect for you.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Damn! SFG that has got to be one of the saddest things that I have ever heard. I can't even imagine how hurtful that must have been. It's great to hear that you have broken the cycle & not followed in your fathers foot steps. You are a great dad! & I have much respect for you.

Thanks bro, I was either 10 or 11 at that time and at 12 he stood me by my step dad and told me "I am not your father he is I will not be your father he will I don't want to be your father and never will but I am your friend" I had already figure that one out so it didn't hurt as much, I never got a happy birthday, Merry Xmas no gifts at all ever but he sure the fucked partied them days up with his Club. I'm stronger because of all that!

SAD

Reaction score

Thanks for having me
BGH

the-rock-clapping.gif

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Finally the Rock has come back to SI!

cougar

Reaction score
My ( Apology) BGH, that's all I can get out of my mouth ,(because my foot is still in it) Hope its helps in any way,but if not, I understand and I'll move on from here. But I wanted to get that out there....