Thanks

Diabetics Unite! (Free Advice)

Brothers and Sisters of the iron,

It has come to my attention that I have never really 'advertised' the fact that I am a diabetic. I am not sure whether this is subliminal or just an oversight; regardless, I feel it is indeed time to let you all know that I am now, and have been for many years, a diabetic.

I say this to tell you that I have read and heard all of the warnings and rumors, bro science, and medical certainty of being in the game and being diabetic.

When first diagnosed I had an A1C of 12.6 - that is NOT a typo.
    My blood sugar was over 600 on a regular basis.
    My kidneys and liver were being damaged and my eyesight was failing.
    My doctor told me to either change my lifestyle or make funeral plans.

Fast forward to today: I am as healthy and vigorous as any 40 year old I know (I am 54).

I have worked extremely hard to learn and understand how diet, exercise, gear, HGH, medications, supplements, and lifestyle affect those of us with diabetes.

If any of you have any questions and would care for my opinion please PM me or post your questions here. Diabetes requires a few different approaches but with proper monitoring and understanding those of us facing this disease can enjoy a vigorous run and a fruitful life.

If I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to ask.

Much Respect,
    Vette
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

Thanks

Re: Diabetics Unite! (Free Advice)

i am 1 started out at 400 with a a1c of 8, on metformin twice a day but the kicker was giving up soda now i stay in the low 100's and a1c is around 6

Thanks

You know cardio will increase glucose production and lower that immediately after a workout. Soda is awful, you did well to give it up.... made you lose weight too I bet!

I'll tell you how you can drop that A1C and your blood sugar levels..... try it for three days and if you do not have a hypoglycemia episode I'll buy your next prescription. Ready:

Eliminate ALL Bread from your diet.

I run on what is nearly a keto diet all year around.... I use carbs like a tool.... I carb cycle when I bulk and manipulate blood sugar levels with them now.... and of course I use carbs to reload glycogen after workouts.... (I call those freebies).

That's it. I'll bet you POBs ex wife that you will be shocked at the results.

Do you take HGH?

Respect,
    Vette

Thanks
    Thanked 18,091 Times in 7,788 Posts

I had no idea you were a diabetic... Explains why you're such a rigid prick about guys using slin to grow on... Good thread. Hope some guys get some help here.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Elite
    Thanks

Awesome thread! I've been having issues on some thing myself I am pre-diabetic. My a1c was a 6 i think and my blood sugar was a 270. My doc pretty much told me the same thing, he gave me a month to change things around or else he started talking about insulin and diabetes etc. I was drinking a lot of beer back then every day for many years. I quickly started changing everything around, fixed my diet and started working out regulalry and when I went back a month later I tested at around a 100 so he didn't put me on meds and I've been controlling it since then.

I usually watch what I eat, especially bread and carbs etc. but I have found that I can pretty much eat anything now within reason. Like I don't go out and eat ice cream or pies, I stay away from sugar as much as possible. My blood sugar usually stays around a 100 after I eat something depending on what it is it could climb but, then after 2 hrs it should be back down below 120 which is what's optimal.

I did start running HGH recently. When I was deciding if I should start it or not I had posted in the GH forum about blood sugar and GH but, I didn't get any replies so then I had just decided to go ahead and try it. I had got up to 4.5 iu rips a day but, when I tested my BG two times, it was in the 130's. So, I dropped it down to 3 iu a day (1iu 3 x times a day) and now it's staying around 110 or under, the highest I saw it was 115. I've been testing 2 hrs after meals, evening and fasting and it's all coming around the same number.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on me running GH at this dose with my BG around this number, do you think it would be ok to continue and monitor it for now, but if it started going up to stop?

Also, I was wondering are you on insulin?

Thanks for this thread and giving us the opportunity to contact you about this, it seems that there's a minority of us here and it's kind of confusing sometimes trying to figure things out for somebody that's diabetic.

Thanks

I was once taking 100 units a day of insulin. 50 units am and 50 units before bed. I no longer require ANY insulin.

It sounds to me like you are on top of your GH use and spreading it in to three pins a day is a great move.

The primary reported problems with GH use are primarily a resistance to insulin.

I have yet to experience any significant changes in blood sugar (I may have added an occasional 10pts) readings.

Start eating fruit.... all of it.... apples and grapes are two favorites. The fructose after GH spikes your natural production on insulin and it actually DROPS my blood sugar.... I am so good at it now that I can actually go hypoglycemic! Fruit and protein between meals has dropped my blood sugar like a rock.

Stay on top of your carbs. If your stomach will allow it, eat the protein bars that utilize sugar alcohols .... they are technically carbs but do not impact your Blood Sugar levels like typical simple carbs.

Much Respect Brother,
    Vette

Elite
    Thanks

Originally Posted by 63Vette View Post
    I was once taking 100 units a day of insulin. 50 units am and 50 units before bed. I no longer require ANY insulin.

It sounds to me like you are on top of your GH use and spreading it in to three pins a day is a great move.

The primary reported problems with GH use are primarily a resistance to insulin.

I have yet to experience any significant changes in blood sugar (I may have added an occasional 10pts) readings.

Start eating fruit.... all of it.... apples and grapes are two favorites. The fructose after GH spikes your natural production on insulin and it actually DROPS my blood sugar.... I am so good at it now that I can actually go hypoglycemic! Fruit and protein between meals has dropped my blood sugar like a rock.

Stay on top of your carbs. If your stomach will allow it, eat the protein bars that utilize sugar alcohols .... they are technically carbs but do not impact your Blood Sugar levels like typical simple carbs.

Much Respect Brother,
    Vette
    That's awesome, congrats on being able to get off insulin. I felt a big sense of accomplishment when I first started getting it under control with diet and exercise. I had a question, when you mentioned you eat fruit and the fructose after GH spikes natural production. You didn't mean that you eat fruit before or after you shoot GH or anything like that? Did you just mean that you just started eating fruit regularly and then the fruction and GH spike works it self out on it's own?

I do eat those protein bars with the sugar alcohol the Atkins ones, I used to eat them more often but, now just sometimes usually if I skipped a meal or was going to be late for a meal.

Also regarding GH, when I was researching I read that what can help reduce insulin resitance issues is to not eat any carbs within an hour (before and after) eating carbs. So, I wait about an hour after my last meal of the night and try not to eat much carbs for the last meal, and then shoot before going to bed. The first shot in the morning I wait an hour until I eat breakfast, and the shot in the middle of the day, same thing wait an hour before/after. Do you do anything like that as well? Or have you heard of that?

Thanks

Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    I had a question, when you mentioned you eat fruit and the fructose after GH spikes natural production. You didn't mean that you eat fruit before or after you shoot GH or anything like that? Did you just mean that you just started eating fruit regularly and then the fruction and GH spike works it self out on it's own?

The first shot in the morning I wait an hour until I eat breakfast, and the shot in the middle of the day, same thing wait an hour before/after. Do you do anything like that as well? Or have you heard of that?
    Yes brother, I eat fruit 45 minutes to an hour AFTER pinning GH and it spikes my natural insulin production. This works in concert with the GH.

I also do NOT eat any carbs within 45 minutes either side of pinning GH. This helps assure the maximum IGF spike and then releases insulin naturally to enhance the delivery of the GH.

Diabetics can manipulate our insulin better than some non-diabetics IMO because we monitor the blood sugar levels and learn to 'feel' when our bs is going up or down.

I know, for example, when I eat simple carbs exactly when my insulin spikes, I feel it and it damn near makes me break out in to a sweat.... this is followed by a drop in my bs level within minutes. Although I use fructose most often, I sometimes take advantage of the simple carbs spiking my insulin levels by eating something 'forbidden' like a cinnamon roll or some gummy bears. Again, this is done 45 minutes after pinning the GH.

I hope I answered you questions, if not please let me know or ask anything that wasn't clear. To me, cutting and maintaining is pretty easy as a diabetic. Bulking is really hard because we run the danger of having our blood sugar levels remaining high. I do not worry about a spike to 125-135-140 even.... as long as it is short lived (an hour or less) and the A1C can remain in the fives.

Much Respect,
    Vette

Elite
    Thanks

Yes, you've answered a lot, really appreciate it. I'm going to try the fruit thing just to see what happens. Honestly, I can't tell when my BG is high or not. Though I have an idea from the type of food I eat if I will spike or not. That's interesting, so eating simple carbs brings your BG down is this only after GH? Like normally if you eat something like that your BG would go up?

About bulking, you're referring to the carbs? I seem to be able to eat brown rice without any issue. When I was taking GHRP 2 / GHRP 6 / Semorelin peptides for 3 months. I noticed that my BG would spike after taking those shots. After 3 months I think I was at a 5.7 a1c. Then I had stopped the peptides and started my blast and my daily meals included eating about 4 cups of brown rice, 4 slices of ezekiel bread, sweet potato, 2 cups of kashi cereal and I retested a1c 3 months after I was on that diet and my a1c came back at a 5.3

Thanks

Very helpful good information to know thank you 63.

Elite
    Thanks

I started NPP a few weeks ago. I happened to run across something last night stating that Deca Durabolin improves the insulin metabolism.

Here's some more info I just found:

"There are other effects of Deca that may support body composition changes in athletes and non-athletes alike. In a study of normal men,15 it was reported that 300 milligrams of Deca per week improved glucose tolerance. An improved glucose tolerance is meaningful,as it suggests that the body more efficiently uses sugars, burning them as fuel, rather than storing the sugar, which may predispose one to obesity. This effect was not seen in the same group when testosterone enanthate was used, suggesting that there is a Deca-specific effect. The authors felt that it was the non-aromatizable (though 19-nortestosterone has been shown to be aromatizable4) nature of Deca that was responsible for the improved sugar metabolism. This improvement was felt to be independent of the insulin, which may suggest a role for Deca in diabetics, or at least type II diabetics."
    http://www.************************/...-benefits.html

Anybody have any experience with this? I will for sure be checking my BG while on NPP and see if I notice any difference.

Elite
    Thanks

looks like i wasn't allowed to post the source link

Elite
    Thanks

well now I just remember people have said the same thing about tren and insulin sensitivity and since deca/npp are 19-nors then I guess it must be similar.

Elite
    Thanks

just to keep the thread updated. i did my 3 month a1c test after starting GH and it did go up a bit. Before I was at 5.3 now I'm at 6.0. While I guess it's not terrible it's on the high end, it basically means my blood sugar is averaging 120. Any more than that though would be considered high. I also just happen to realize after all this time, I never checked my blood sugar after a hard workout (lifting days). I've only checked it after running on the treadmill and I never recall seeing a change in BG, if anything maybe even dropped a bit.

Well, I happened to go do a blood test right after the gym the other day and my BG came back at 136. I've always been pinning GH about 15 min. after working out (lifting days). I came home the other day after the gym and decided to check my BG before I pinned GH and my BG was 150! I started researching and found out that when you workout hard your body tries to feed your muscles glucose for energy because they are getting fatigue. If you have problems making insulin then the "door" to send the glucose to your muscles can't be opened and so it just backs up into your blood stream.

So, all this time for months I've been pinning after working out and this couldn't have been good. If I'm at a 150 after the gym and I pin, I don't know where my BG would have been going to. So, the other day when I tested 150. I decided to not pin and not eat anything and just wait for it come down. I waited about an hour and my BG came down into the 90's.

So I'm either thinking that I should not be pinning after working out and maybe just stick to 1iu morning and 1iu evening. Either that or just wait an hour or so for my BG to come down and then pin GH. However the only thing then is that I have to wait another 30 or so minutes before I can eat anything and that's quite a bit of time without food post workout. I'm not sure yet, what I should do.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 Times in 820 Posts

I go through hypoglycemic episodes pretty often. I've had my blood taken a few times but they never say anything is wrong with my blood sugar levels, so it's not to the point of me being diabetic. I just have to make sure I don't have any caffeine on an empty stomach and eat regularly. I'm pretty sure many of us have hypoglycemia with as much as we eat.

Thanks

just to keep the thread updated. i did my 3 month a1c test after starting GH and it did go up a bit. Before I was at 5.3 now I'm at 6.0. While I guess it's not terrible it's on the high end, it basically means my blood sugar is averaging 120. Any more than that though would be considered high. I also just happen to realize after all this time, I never checked my blood sugar after a hard workout (lifting days). I've only checked it after running on the treadmill and I never recall seeing a change in BG, if anything maybe even dropped a bit.

Well, I happened to go do a blood test right after the gym the other day and my BG came back at 136. I've always been pinning GH about 15 min. after working out (lifting days). I came home the other day after the gym and decided to check my BG before I pinned GH and my BG was 150! I started researching and found out that when you workout hard your body tries to feed your muscles glucose for energy because they are getting fatigue. If you have problems making insulin then the "door" to send the glucose to your muscles can't be opened and so it just backs up into your blood stream.

So, all this time for months I've been pinning after working out and this couldn't have been good. If I'm at a 150 after the gym and I pin, I don't know where my BG would have been going to. So, the other day when I tested 150. I decided to not pin and not eat anything and just wait for it come down. I waited about an hour and my BG came down into the 90's.

So I'm either thinking that I should not be pinning after working out and maybe just stick to 1iu morning and 1iu evening. Either that or just wait an hour or so for my BG to come down and then pin GH. However the only thing then is that I have to wait another 30 or so minutes before I can eat anything and that's quite a bit of time without food post workout. I'm not sure yet, what I should do.
    Are you taking T4 with your GH? If no, you should. Typically exercise brings blood sugar down because of an increase in insulin sensitivity (for type two diabetics). If after workout you have high blood sugar I would look closely at your pre-workout meal.

HOWEVER, like with gear, we are all different and if what you are doing is working keep doing it brother.

Much Respect,
    Vette

Elite
    Thanks

I haven't been taking T4, I considered it saw a thread here with good info on it before. I was hesitant messing with my thyroid but, apparently T4 is not the same as messing with T3. For which benefits would you recommend me taking T4? Anything to do with blood sugar?

For my pre-workout meal since I work out at 9am and I'm not really a morning person. I have to wake up at 7am and so I just drink 2 cups of liquid egg whites and then I have a pre-workout drink. After I get home from the gym I have a proper breakfast. The pre-workout drink that I've been taking lately does have carbs. So maybe that's why. It has about 50g carbs. The thing is that it really helps me from getting overly exausted during my workouts. I used to not take any preworkouts, I tried some here and there didn't like them, made me throw up or crash etc. but, this one with carbs keeps me going through my workout. I suppose this could be the reason it's going up. I never tested my BG after lifting before so maybe I can try it again without taking the pre-workout supplement and see if that's the reason.

Are you taking T4 with your GH? If no, you should. Typically exercise brings blood sugar down because of an increase in insulin sensitivity (for type two diabetics). If after workout you have high blood sugar I would look closely at your pre-workout meal.

HOWEVER, like with gear, we are all different and if what you are doing is working keep doing it brother.

Much Respect,
    Vette

Thanks

Originally Posted by RISE View Post
    I go through hypoglycemic episodes pretty often. I've had my blood taken a few times but they never say anything is wrong with my blood sugar levels, so it's not to the point of me being diabetic. I just have to make sure I don't have any caffeine on an empty stomach and eat regularly. I'm pretty sure many of us have hypoglycemia with as much as we eat.
    Hypoglycemic episodes are common among athletes. ESPECIALLY those who are diabetic or supplement with anything that increases insulin sensitivity. Adding some additional carbs to your pre workout might be a good way to go at this. If you have already depleted your glycogen and have more insulin than blood sugar an episode will occur. Even more importantly, if you are depleting your glycogen sources increases them some may give you better workouts.

You might also consider and intra-workout with bcaas that mixes with some sort of juice.

Juice is also beneficial post workout to help speed recovery. Despite the belief that we only have 45 minutes or so to get the protein back in us, while absorbtion is peak in that first hour, muscle repair and protein synthesis lasts for more than 24 hours.

Much Respect,
    Vette

Thanks

I haven't been taking T4, I considered it saw a thread here with good info on it before. I was hesitant messing with my thyroid but, apparently T4 is not the same as messing with T3. For which benefits would you recommend me taking T4? Anything to do with blood sugar?

For my pre-workout meal since I work out at 9am and I'm not really a morning person. I have to wake up at 7am and so I just drink 2 cups of liquid egg whites and then I have a pre-workout drink. After I get home from the gym I have a proper breakfast. The pre-workout drink that I've been taking lately does have carbs. So maybe that's why. It has about 50g carbs. The thing is that it really helps me from getting overly exausted during my workouts. I used to not take any preworkouts, I tried some here and there didn't like them, made me throw up or crash etc. but, this one with carbs keeps me going through my workout. I suppose this could be the reason it's going up. I never tested my BG after lifting before so maybe I can try it again without taking the pre-workout supplement and see if that's the reason.

T4 enhances the hell out of your GH.

Yes, if you are drinking carbs while working out you can expect a rise- especially those simple carbs. Try to eat some steel cut oats with those egg whites.... and try to find a low carb or carb free pre-workout drink. (ECA is the best preworkout IMO).

Just keep trying things and changing it up and learn exactly what does what to YOUR body.

Much Respect,
    Vette

Elite
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. Will take that into consideration. I suppose my insulin sensitivity or whatever might be improving or not be so bad if I can come down 50+ points within an hour just on my own. I hope if I continue that preworkout that it would be ok as long as I keep coming back down. Though I know that spiking isn't good. So, I will take a look into ECA.

Do you know how long you have to start taking T4 before it starts to enhance the GH? Since I think I'm more than half way through my GH run and was probably not going to continue it but, since I still have enough left for 2-3 months I suppose. If I start the T4 asap and you think there's enough time for me to see the enhanced effects then I'll go ahead and start it.

Thanks again.

T4 enhances the hell out of your GH.

Yes, if you are drinking carbs while working out you can expect a rise- especially those simple carbs. Try to eat some steel cut oats with those egg whites.... and try to find a low carb or carb free pre-workout drink. (ECA is the best preworkout IMO).

Just keep trying things and changing it up and learn exactly what does what to YOUR body.

Much Respect,
    Vette