welw herro der

Reaction score
Hello there, I was told I should introduce myself so here I am! Another member from the great white north, east coast to be specific byyyyyyy. Heck I don't know what else to say but I suppose it's pertinent to give some stats I'm 5'7" and ~140lbs BF is ~10% probably a bit lower. And before you all get on me about having room to make more natural gains, you shouldda saw me 4 years ago when I started lifting!!! That said I've been as heavy as 180 but at a much higher BF%.

Anyways, been cutting for a long while now to get lean, I'm into biking so it's important for that, but, I'm putting that on the back burner for now and looking to start bulking up again, and going to try my first cycle! I've been reading up on steroids a lot over the last 2 years, and just health supplements in general, it's something that interests me, I have a science background (biology major).

Nothing's set in stone but I'm looking to do:

8 weeks 400mg test E or sustanon (going on the lower dosage side of things because I'm a smaller guy).

4 weeks of 30mg dbol to kick start

be taking 500IU of HCG a week throughout

Will have aromasin and nolva on hand in case, not sure if I wanna just take the aromasin from the getgo or not though.

and clomid/HCG for PCT

Very interested in HGH, but I feel like I haven't studied it enough to justify taking any at this point.

Anyways, that's where I'm at!

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Welcome to SI ...forget AAS for now and bulk up naturally with a solid diet and training...JMO

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I was told I should introduce myself so here I am! Another member from the great white north, east coast to be specific byyyyyyy. Heck I don't know what else to say but I suppose it's pertinent to give some stats I'm 5'7" and ~140lbs BF is ~10% probably a bit lower. And before you all get on me about having room to make more natural gains, you shouldda saw me 4 years ago when I started lifting!!! That said I've been as heavy as 180 but at a much higher BF%.

Anyways, been cutting for a long while now to get lean, I'm into biking so it's important for that, but, I'm putting that on the back burner for now and looking to start bulking up again, and going to try my first cycle! I've been reading up on steroids a lot over the last 2 years, and just health supplements in general, it's something that interests me, I have a science background (biology major).

Nothing's set in stone but I'm looking to do:

8 weeks 400mg test E or sustanon (going on the lower dosage side of things because I'm a smaller guy).

4 weeks of 30mg dbol to kick start

be taking 500IU of HCG a week throughout

Will have aromasin and nolva on hand in case, not sure if I wanna just take the aromasin from the getgo or not though.

and clomid/HCG for PCT

Very interested in HGH, but I feel like I haven't studied it enough to justify taking any at this point.

Anyways, that's where I'm at!

I hope you understand, but I'll reiterate the point anyway. The reason you will be told, as others have been that you need to make more natural gains is not because we don't want you to be a part of some exclusive club. Its simply to protect your wallet. Running a cycle isn't going to hurt you. But - you will lose all gains made while on cycle if you are unable to eat enough calories.

You're apparently cursed with a fast metabolism? I'd almost say lucky you because I love to eat and dieting for me is hell.

Welcome to SI though. Listen to some of these guys and you're going to grow... Gear or not.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI man, and I will have to agree with them above. Best gains come from diet and eating and eating some more. Max that out first then consider the route you want to take.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI brother! How old are you?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI brother! How's your diet? Diet is key to meeting your goals! I bet you can get there naturally!

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Other then the general consensus that u are too small
Here's some input
For starters test E and C and sust all need to be ran a recommended 12 weeks or more unless u are frontloading. If u don't know frontloading there's one more thing to research

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome brother. We are here to help brother so don't take shit the wrong way. As pillar said may not be what you want to hear

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sup dood. welcome. we learn from and teach one another here. thats what this place is all about.

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What up bro welcome to SI!

pirovoliko

Reaction score
You would be far better off spending your money with Spongy, our resident diet guru, who customizes many of the members diets here (including mine) according to both their short and long term goals.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and put on some weight, eat more, listen to piro.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Piro is 100% correct. Contact Spongy for the best diet information available anywhere.

Respect,
Vette

Reaction score
Hey guys, no problems with creative criticism over here. I mean I'll be honest my mind is a little made up, but I'm glad to hear some advice from people with hands on experience.

I have no problems putting on weight. diet wise if it's what I'm doing, I can pack away 5000 calories, and that's not an estimate that's weighing out everything etc, and subtracting fibre from the equation etc. My problem however is that if I say eat 400 calories over maintenance, I make no gains. If I eat the usual recommended 3000-3500 calories, or more, I just get fat. I mean I'm not expecting to to be shredded and gaining pounds upon pounds of muscle, but for example last time I did a bulk I went from 140 to 175 in about 3-4 months, 5 days of training a week, did not miss a single day, got 250g of protein a day, about 100g from shakes the rest from FOOD, ate very clean, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, you know the drill, and when it all came down to it, I looked like shit at the end of it, and it took 9 months of dieting to get back to a decent BF% and I'm left with like a net gain of maybe 5lbs of muscle if that.

I'm 30 years old, I've been in the gym for 4. Had my bloodwork done and done again. My (this is bioavailable) test was 1.93 nmol/L the first time it was tested and 3.15 nmol/L the second time, the bottom of the normal range is 2.10 nmol/L. Estradiol was 161 pmol/L Which is on the high side of the normal range. SHBG was 61-67 nmol/L which is about double the average for a guy my age (which makes me think I should consider provirion or masteron, maybe something for the second cycle). Basically I have the hormone profile of a 90 year old. Shit sucks.

I am familiar with front loading, that was the idea with the Dbol. As for the length of the cycle that someone brought up, I know 12 is often recommended but I was basing this around myostatin rebound after a cycle of that length. I'm trying to aire on the side of caution is part of it and see a lot of people suggesting either 8 or 20 weeks but not in between, based on that study about myostatin. I just figured it might not be smart to play for a 5 month cycle my first time around. This is something I'm open to changing for sure, but I also sort of feel like I need to figure my source and stuff before I make a decision because it will effect what I buy, if PCT stuff end up being expensive (which its looking like it will) it may well be much more economical to do a long cycle. I just don't want to start, be two weeks in and grow a giant set of titties, have to stop, and have 6 months worth of gear hahaha.

Not trying to be defensive! I really do appreciate the fact that you guys are just trying to steer me towards the right path.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for not getting butt hurt...

The last bulk you did, sounds like you tried to do things right... But right isn't what you read on the boards, or what you see in a magazine. You need someone who knows what will work for you and what won't. Its possible that you need to do carb cycling, or carb backloading and cals don't need to be as high as you thing.

The notion that you'll get big with steroids without understanding what kind of diet works for you though still stands. Adding gear only complicates the situation further.

Your bloods are definitely fucked up. You should probably be looking at TRT. And yes, its possible... or even likely that this is why your bulk went wrong.

Sounds like you know what you're going to do. So do it. We'll just make sure you stay without some reasonable bounds. PCT should get a huge focus with the hope that you'll rebound to levels better than prior to the next cycle. HCG my friend. Use it. That will be key.

Reaction score
Yeah honestly most of the research I've done has been geared towards the PCT because I really feel like that will be key for me. Will definitely be using HCG on cycle, and then a loading of it before starting clomid and nolva. Aromasin on cycle is still up in the air. I might just watch, get bloodwork done at week 4 or something. Any input on this?

And no doubt on the diet, I think everyone can serve to improve there. Carb cycling is a great suggestion as for the last 4 months of my cut I've been doing intermittent fasting, which is similar, and I've seen great results with it. Wouldn't do that while bulking of course, but I think the carb cycling essentially is it's equivalent in that scenario. While I'd like to be the scientist about it and change one variable at a time to measure its effects, I do want to see results fast like anyone else does so when I do the cycle I'll be trying some new things with my diet too.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah honestly most of the research I've done has been geared towards the PCT because I really feel like that will be key for me. Will definitely be using HCG on cycle, and then a loading of it before starting clomid and nolva. Aromasin on cycle is still up in the air. I might just watch, get bloodwork done at week 4 or something. Any input on this?

And no doubt on the diet, I think everyone can serve to improve there. Carb cycling is a great suggestion as for the last 4 months of my cut I've been doing intermittent fasting, which is similar, and I've seen great results with it. Wouldn't do that while bulking of course, but I think the carb cycling essentially is it's equivalent in that scenario. While I'd like to be the scientist about it and change one variable at a time to measure its effects, I do want to see results fast like anyone else does so when I do the cycle I'll be trying some new things with my diet too.

Aromasin if you need it. Crushing your estrogen is as bad as letting it get out of control

Tell you what on the diet... Spongy here is the man who will help you eat right. Put something together. A plan. Include your calculations you arrived at (how you calculated your TDEE etc) and meal plan. Post that up and I bet he'll take a look at it and give you a tweak or two. Or just hire the damn guy. I did. I hate diets. But for my last PL meet he got me from 260 to 236 (242 was the goal weight) in 12 weeks. I never looked so damn good in my life. I wish I could afford to use him all the time but he's no $2 whore.

New Threads