Thanks

Frequency of workouts

Looking for some input....I currently work one body part a day, doing 3 exercises per muscle. I do 4 sets of 8 to 12 reps on each exercise. Out of seven days, I work each body part one time per week, taking two days off to do just cardio. Trying to decide if working a body part only once per week enough? Would like to hear what you guys think...

Thanks

Re: Frequency of workouts

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish.

Georgia

Depends on if you're lagging behind in certain areas. Like your wheels. If you have small wheels it may be wise to hit them twice a week spaced out as far as possible (M, Th or M, F).

Like Jax said what are your goals?

Thanks

For me training frequency is completely instinctive - if I feel like training a body part I train it.

Some weeks, I'll train things twice a week. Most of the time, only once.

But the days that things actually gets worked various a lot from week to week.

This week, I hit back twice - one Monday and again on Thursday. It "felt" like it wanted to be trained. Both sessions were super.

So, I'd say don't let a "schedule" that you arbitrarily create in your mind based on days of the week dictate how frequently you train a body part.

Thanks

I'm with cash. Some weeks I train body parts twice a week, some once, some weeks if I feel like my back or legs need a rest, I don't train them at all. I guess you could say I wing it. It'a actually more like I listen to my body. If its telling me I need to back off, I do. If its telling me I'm good with doin heavy deads and rows twice a week, I do it. I got out of the mind set of having a set schedule I adhere to. It became monotonous and boring. Plus it keeps my body guessing on which angle I'm about to hit it from.

Thanks

My back over looks my chest.
    Unlike others that work out what they can see in the mirror while working out. I concentrated on my back.
    Now I need the front to catch up. So I train chest and legs twice a week.
    As mentioned above. As separate as possible. Mon and thurs.

But that all changes on a cycle. Its a all body work out every day. The recovery process from gear is amazing.

Thanks

I was training one bp a day 8 to 12 reps 4 or 5 movements + cardio . I liked it ok I recently switched it up to a muti bp 5x5 routine that looks like this work out A. squats 5x5, Bench press 5x5 , BO rows 5x5 incline db curls 3x8 shrugs 3x8 then abs. Work out B Squats 5x5 incline BP 5x5 strict over head press 5x5 skull crushers 3x8 db rows 3x8 abs Now I rotate a and b 5 days a week with a few variations for example on the second A work out of the week I will replace bo rows with dead lifts. My goals for this work out are to get my Squat numbers up and my bp numbers up I figure I will get stronger squatting and doing some form of bp work 5 times a week I use about 70% max pretty much the peak of my 5rep max I love it so far sore as shit but I feel stronger already after 2 weeks
    Enjoy Your Ride!

Thanks

Thanks for the input, been at work...Im going for size gains right now. Is there a better workout system for gaining bulk than what I have been doing?