The Cashout Chest Training Thread...

Cashout

Reaction score
I train at home also but do not have a cable cross machine. Any thoughts on a good sub for this portion of the super set?

Light DB Flyes is about all you'll be able to sub in that case.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like to switch up my routines. After reading Cashouts prior post on here awhile back. I decided work in super sets & some drop sets. If your used to doing ust straight sets. I recommend giving this a shot. This will really shock the muscle groups, but leave the ego at the door as you wont be able to lift your usual weights. After doing this routine for a bout 6 months I went back to some straight sets. It's about time that I switch it back up to a Cashout type workout.

Also if trying this in a commercial gym you may need some substitue exercises. Alot of the time the cable crossover was being used, so I'd do some incline flys instead ect....

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cheers, Cash! Am already loving the pre-exhaust and super-set technique from your leg training thread. Looking forward to chest this weekend to give this a run!

Cashout

Reaction score
So even though its not chest day I decided to try this just for shits and giggles. I'll say this, cashout, I can definitely lift more poundage then you, but holy fucking shit balls this workout kicked my ass!!! I decided to try the exact weights you posted. By my 3rd monster set I was on fire. By my 4th, I thought I was gonna pass out. I only did 10 reps on my 1st set of incline. 2nd set only 6 so I dropped the weight and did 10 on the 3rd and made it to 9 on the 4th. Only thing I didn't do was weighted dips. I did body weight and only made it to 5 on my last set. My shit is J E LL Ooooooo. You just made me feel like a bitch cash but I enjoyed it! If you're gonna try this gentlemen make sure you have enough fuel in the tank and some water within crawling distance because you're gonna need it.

Now give it about 48-72 hours and you'll realize just how different the stimulation really was - prepare for a whole different kind of DOSM...you can cuss me later;)

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Right on track Sir Cash. Since I don't give two chits about weight my pecs have improved greatly. I'll add my own personal findings on pec training: Angles.

Angles for me are huge. I rarely flat and when I do it's the last set of drops just to take it all past failure. Also in my chest session I have eliminated the standard incline because that angle is 80% fronts delts for me. Low to med inclines for flyes & presses, cables performed at all angles and recently hunching at the bottom and arching my back as I pull and contract at the top of the movement for ultimate squeeze.

Thought I'd share that. Adding to another superb thread by Cash isn't easy ;-)

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will 2nd the notion of low to medium angles. Far superior IME for targeting pecs over front delts.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate being asked what I bench....

Question: On the weighted dips do you lean forward to hit the chest or stay back for triceps work alone?

I'm all over this.... thanks a million Cash!

Much Respect,
Vette

Brother same here. My PR is very respectable but it's history. It's been 11years and my right anterior delt still bothers me. "how much can you bench" is a sore subject (literally).

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lean forward and actually reverse my grip so that my fingers are actually pointing inward toward my rib cage and my thumb is on the outside of the dip bar - think of it as a backwards grip. It forces my elbows out at 90 degrees from my body and doesn't allow me to rely on my tris by get them in close. Most folks don't have the flexibility in to feel comfortable doing it but it makes a big differnce in terms of stretch.

I tried this. It ain't never gonna happen cowboy.... Oh my gosh..... I am simply not flexible enough and to add misery to the equation my elbows have tendinitis and it hurt like a mother to even try. I can see where it would be a helluva way to do dips but unfortunately I just can't do them. On a brighter note, I had a great leg workout today- YOURS!

Much Respect,
Vette

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Excellent read Cash! This is similiar to my own routine except i dont superset my flat bench. Just the others and i have a decent rest as it knocks it out of you!

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
I got to follow cash outs routines hes in phenomenal shape!

Cashout

Reaction score
Yup the inverted grip dips are a little bit of a trick...if you have elbow issues I can see how that would really stress the soft tissue around the joint. The next best alternative is to do overhand grip dips on a really wide dip station. I have one that I can adjust to 36" wide. That can almost give the same effect. Problem is most dip stations in gyms are narrower than they should be.

I tried this. It ain't never gonna happen cowboy.... Oh my gosh..... I am simply not flexible enough and to add misery to the equation my elbows have tendinitis and it hurt like a mother to even try. I can see where it would be a helluva way to do dips but unfortunately I just can't do them. On a brighter note, I had a great leg workout today- YOURS!

Much Respect,
Vette

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yup the inverted grip dips are a little bit of a trick...if you have elbow issues I can see how that would really stress the soft tissue around the joint. The next best alternative is to do overhand grip dips on a really wide dip station. I have one that I can adjust to 36" wide. That can almost give the same effect. Problem is most dip stations in gyms are narrower than they should be.

He might be able to build up flexibility... I do dips with my fingers pointing forward, thumbs pointing in and all the weight resting on the heel of my hand. This essentially mimics the way I press with a bar or dumbbells. Takes some chest out of the movement for me.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

^^^ THIS ^^^ - gets my shoulders in a bad way. Still sticking with them, just keeping an eye on the weight.