A Day in the Life of Spongy

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not posting this for any recognition or anything like that, just as an example of "working with what you've got." The most common thing I hear from clients is "I don't have time." Whether it's to train, to eat, to pin, to sleep, to bones, whatever... So here is a typical day for me.

0330 - Wake
0400 - Arrive at Gym for lifting
0500 - Hit the shower
0530 - Post Workout Nutrition while driving to work
0600 - Get to Work
0900 - 10 oz egg whites (muscle egg), handful of almonds
1130 - Prank Call PoB
1200 - 10 oz egg whites (muscle egg), handful of almonds
1215 - Check SI
1400 - Receive half-naked photos from Manny1656, strictly for tracking progress up to the show
1500 - 10 oz egg whites, BCAAs, 1 cup blueberries
1600 - Yell at someone, fix their mess
1700 - Leave work
1730 - Arrive and gym for cardio
1820 - Leave Gym, call clients
1830 - Get home
1900 - Dinner
1905 - Email clients, do diets, get rejected by the wife
2000 - Bed

Now, that is for a day when I have to work (5 days per week). On my days off I tend to be a bit more relaxed, but that is when I get the bulk of my Helios Nutrition work done (get caught up on emails, finish diets, make calls to partners, etc).

As you can see, on the days I work I literally have zero time to myself. That is a sacrifice that I choose to make for my health and for my goals. I have found the balance in my life by enjoying the days that I can. My days off are indeed full of Helios type things, but I reserve evenings for my wife, and I make sure that I do my fair share of the work.

I do not believe that being this rigid is for everyone, but I have come to realize that for ME PERSONALLY, I must remain extremely disciplined in order to get what I want. I have found that it is entirely too easy for me to fall off the wagon if I don't.

It takes more than one person though. I have the support of my wife and my good friends. While I joke about Manny1656 texting my half-naked photos, the truth is he is my "battle buddy" in all of this. He holds me accountable and I him. I can not overstate the importance of this. When life sucks, and all you want to do is sleep in, eat a pizza, and drink a milkshake you have those comrades beside you pushing you past your breaking point. You emerge much stronger and more disciplined.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Important to note I am following a modified version of the Warrior Diet, so that's why the egg whites all the time.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
NICE SPONGE! I wish i could manage my time this well!! And hows that wd working out for ya!!

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys lift immediately after waking. I've never felt it to be prime exercise time. I have to be up for a few hrs at least with two meals in me.

And I was about to ask how much do you love egg whites? The warrior diet..is that dinner meal consist of some more whole foods. Warrior diet is smaller lighter meals throughout the day until nighttime correct?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I modified the warrior diet to fit my body type so I am still technically carb cycling. My first three meals are 10oz egg whites or 1 cup greek yogurt. I then usually add almonds or blueberries depending on how many carbs i need. No carb days are strictly egg whites though as greek yogurt contains some carbs.

My dinners are massive. 2000 calories or more. All clean. Usually takes me an hour to eat.

I then finish off with a pre bedtime meal consisting of 30 slow-digesting proteins.

Im able to have fantastic workouts in the morning because of the huge meal the night before and because my pre workout supp is damn near incredible.

Results from this style of dieting are great for me, but would not suggest for everyone.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow spongy.. impressed

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Important to note I am following a modified version of the Warrior Diet, so that's why the egg whites all the time.

Your colon must be a treacherous place... Stop eating so many damn egg whites and maybe your wife will bang you and you can stop hhhhhwakin off to Manny's pics.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1130 - Prank Call PoB my wife just asked me if I was on SI again. - she heard me laughing from the other room

G

Georgia

Wow. I have a new found respect for you Spongy. Hard working and dedicated.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn spongy! I would probably kill someone if I went out into public before eating a meal.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1130 - Prank Call PoB my wife just asked me if I was on SI again. - she heard me laughing from the other room

It's not fuckin funny shit-dick.. We have a court date for a harassment order I've petitioned for.

SystM

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LOL this is an awesome snap shot of your day.

This dude works his ASS off

Props brother

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont know how the hell u wake up so early...

anewguy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Spongy, is there a reason that you do your lifting in the AM and cardio in the PM? I would think most people do the opposite. Just curious..

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Spongy, is there a reason that you do your lifting in the AM and cardio in the PM? I would think most people do the opposite. Just curious..

Since the bulk of my calories come in the evening due to my diet, i am actually much stronger and more effective in the morning. By the time 1700 rolls around I am beat and quite hungry. My cardio is LISS for 45 min, so its ok that I'm tired and hungry.

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you drink those eggs whites bro???

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I didnt finish my last post..... How does it taste? Is the texture like eggs or not as slimey??

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Like Manny said. Mix with something. They're not tasty alone LOL! I have been mixing in some Mio lately and actually works really really well!

I didnt finish my last post..... How does it taste? Is the texture like eggs or not as slimey??

New Threads