Pulled shoulder muscle :(

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So recently, I started taking 60mg dbol/ 150mg drol along with low dose test e(250mg pw, and 50 prop e3d). The strength gains have been nothing short of amazing(setting PR's literally every workout session. But today I warmed up as usual on bench with 20 reps light weight, then moved up 50lbs and I struggled to bring the weight up because my front delt/upper right hand pec near the delt hurt like fuck. I know last week I went heavy as hell and set a new PR on dumbbell bench, but I know i felt something. I just assumed it was the muscle being overloaded. Needless to say I think I have a pulled muscle. How long should this take to heal? Can I train chest light? I'm stopping the dbol an drol now..... Kinda pissed off. Just to let you gauge how much strength I gained, I went up on dumbbell bench 30lbs on each hand in 3-4 weeks.

Braw16

Reaction score
Wow thats a quick and big jump. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. It's hard to say how long I've had stuff clear up in a week before. Other times its stuck with me for months. My suggestion would be take at least a week off make sure you get ice and heat on it and when you start back go light. Listen to what your body is telling you because you don't want this turning into something that sticks with you or worse something that won't go away. Also take 800mg of ibuprofen twice a day it will help with any inflammation you might have. Good luck

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ice the shit out of it! If its just pulled in a week or more you be feeling better but if you did damage you'll know it. If you injure it you better rest it and only do real light work to heal that area.. Don't push it, like braw mentioned listen to you body

I hope it's nothing serious! Keep us posted

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Useless post coming up in two one ....

Been there done that. Pushed through it and lifted even harder afterwords. The body is an amazing healing power plant. Dislocated shoulder/ tendon ontop of it....makes a popping noise every rep. Fuck it. Doesnt hurt....been following me 6years and didnt stop me

Just take a break. You'll be back at the weights in no time.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow thats a quick and big jump. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. It's hard to say how long I've had stuff clear up in a week before. Other times its stuck with me for months. My suggestion would be take at least a week off make sure you get ice and heat on it and when you start back go light. Listen to what your body is telling you because you don't want this turning into something that sticks with you or worse something that won't go away. Also take 800mg of ibuprofen twice a day it will help with any inflammation you might have. Good luck

Gonna fuck yourself up bro.

My last shoulder injury had me fucked up for almost three weeks before I could lift heavy again.

Omegareign

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound serious. But remember when on gear, yeah you get awesome strength gains, but just cause the muscle feels like it can handle it, the tendons can't. Got to always remember to stay level headed. Keep yourself in check and avoid injury. Hopefully its just a pull and youll be back at it, but this is your body saying slow down a little. It sucks, but part of the game.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So recently, I started taking 60mg dbol/ 150mg drol along with low dose test e(250mg pw, and 50 prop e3d). The strength gains have been nothing short of amazing(setting PR's literally every workout session. But today I warmed up as usual on bench with 20 reps light weight, then moved up 50lbs and I struggled to bring the weight up because my front delt/upper right hand pec near the delt hurt like fuck. I know last week I went heavy as hell and set a new PR on dumbbell bench, but I know i felt something. I just assumed it was the muscle being overloaded. Needless to say I think I have a pulled muscle. How long should this take to heal? Can I train chest light? I'm stopping the dbol an drol now..... Kinda pissed off. Just to let you gauge how much strength I gained, I went up on dumbbell bench 30lbs on each hand in 3-4 weeks.
A 150 mg of Anadrol and 60 Dbol that's
That's too high of a dose of orals in
My opinion. Your livers probably hurting
Too. 50-100 mg of Anadrol is sufficient
And will get the job done.
You jumped up too fast and injuries will
Usually always be the result. Your tendons
Won't be able to handle the rapid strength
Increase.
I've pulled shoulder muscles a few times in
The past. You have 2 choices.
Keep working out at even a light weight
And it'll prolong the healing process and
Take forever to heal maybe never
Or take a 2 week break and let it
Completely heal and you'll be gtg.
Train legs and abs for the next couple weeks.
Take 800 mg ibuprofen and ice like
Someone already said and let it heal.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
"Water Makers" like Dbol and Drol are going to stretch the fascia at a unnatural rate. This almost immediate expansion increases the risk of muscle tears (small to severe) while compounding the chance of connective tissue damage to do the muscle gaining overnight strength and power, not allowing the tendons to develop and "catch up".

I like JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD. Depending on your age I'd really consider what these PR's are going to get you in the long run.

Cashout

Reaction score
"Water Makers" like Dbol and Drol are going to stretch the fascia at a unnatural rate. This almost immediate expansion increases the risk of muscle tears (small to severe) while compounding the chance of connective tissue damage to do the muscle gaining overnight strength and power, not allowing the tendons to develop and "catch up".

I like JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD. Depending on your age I'd really consider what these PR's are going to get you in the long run.

This ^^^^ 100%

Nuff said!

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I injured my front delt breaking a PR, that was 8 years ago, it's never been the same. My advice is determine the exercises that aggravate and eliminate them. Find how to work around it. For instance I am okay 3/4 range but maybe flat bar over a certain weight is out. Or sometimes dips are off the table and I use cables to perform the dip movement. Your body will talk, you'll know what to do.

Get creative, don't push it.

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I realize why I shouldn't jump up so much weight like that so quickly now lol. I'm definately taking a couple days off(might go to the gym today to do back and biceps). I think I'll also just train one side of my chest and shoulder. As far as my oral doses, those really aren't that high.

Rage Strength

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Liver toxicity is overhyped shit. My liver values check out normal.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use DB bench as an assistance move now. I messes up my rotator cuff with heavy DB.

New Threads