Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    every meal is prepared, packaged, and stored in the fridge for the next 7 days.

    This always gives me a feeling of peace because it is symbolic and a signal in my mind that, once again, I am ready to forge ahead without hesitation.

    At no point during the course of the coming week, do I have to spend any mental energy thinking "what am I going to eat?"

  2. #2
    Senior Moderator Spongy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,528
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 3,629 Times in 1,632 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Question. When i cook that far in advance i have issues with meat and sweet potatoes starting to get "funky" any tips or tricks to share?
    In need of dieting help? Email me at HeliosNutrition@gmail.com

    Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

    #mUGga

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Question. When i cook that far in advance i have issues with meat and sweet potatoes starting to get "funky" any tips or tricks to share?
    Use a slow cooker and shred the chicken after it is cooked. I store it in 1 gallon zip lock bags in the fridge. Shredded chicken doesn't get "rubbery" in the fridge.

    I will bake the sweet potatoes and skin, smash them and store them in a gallon freeze bag also.

    Rice, I cook 5 cups and do the same - zip lock and reheat.

  4. #4
    Elite Azog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,968
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 594 Times in 403 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    Use a slow cooker and shred the chicken after it is cooked. I store it in 1 gallon zip lock bags in the fridge. Shredded chicken doesn't get "rubbery" in the fridge.

    I will bake the sweet potatoes and skin, smash them and store them in a gallon freeze bag also.

    Rice, I cook 5 cups and do the same - zip lock and reheat.

    Hook us up with your slow cooker chicken recipe!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by Azog View Post
    Hook us up with your slow cooker chicken recipe!
    14 pounds of chopped chicken breast in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Bag.

    I don't use any seasoning or sauces. Just meat & heat followed by eat!

  6. #6
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,495
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,097 Times in 7,789 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Question. When i cook that far in advance i have issues with meat and sweet potatoes starting to get "funky" any tips or tricks to share?
    The faster you get your foods to cool, and the colder your fridge, the longer they will last. One thing my girl does is cooks two weeks of chicken at a time, vac packs it with one of those stupid food saver things and freezes it in portions. They thaw overnight in the fridge... Pretty nifty. Only thing I'll let her use that food saver for anyway is frozen shit. Not a fan of botulism.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    food saver rocks!!!!

  8. #8
    Elite Azog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,968
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 594 Times in 403 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    14 pounds of chopped chicken breast in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Bag.

    I don't use any seasoning or sauces. Just meat & heat followed by eat!
    Thanks Cash!

  9. #9
    Elite DarksideSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,665
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 425 Times in 218 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    got the next 5 days of chicken and rice cooked up today.
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

  10. #10
    Elite DarksideSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,665
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 425 Times in 218 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    14 pounds of chopped chicken breast in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Bag.

    I don't use any seasoning or sauces. Just meat & heat followed by eat!
    I assume it's thawed before you put it in the slow cooker?
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

  11. #11
    Elite j2048b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    somewhere?....anywhere, everywhere!
    Posts
    3,854
    Thanks
    5,125
    Thanked 939 Times in 699 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    every sunday i cook all the chicken i need then place the pieces in tupperware along with my veggies and any rice or carbs being used for that week and freeze each meal individually, never ever had an issue eating my chicken on a friday night that i had prepared the sunday before, only thing i need to really cook is my morning eggs and oatmeal, and do up my shakes and thats it everyday!

  12. #12
    Senior Member coltmc4545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In your mouth
    Posts
    1,785
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 790 Times in 332 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    My girl is doing a show June 1st and I actually helped her do all this yesterday. Ill give her the tip about shredding the chicken. I'm still on my dirty bulk until April 1st so I'm eating whatever I want. I know cash, I'm lazy and have no disapline lol I actually told her about you last night and how you used to compete but you still stay in single digit bf and you haven't touched anything besides chicken and rice and sweet potatoes for over 20 years. She said people probably thinks he's a whacko. I said yeah you're probably right.... Until he rips of his shirt and demands a pose down lol She wants to see pictures of you but I'm hesitant for 2 reasons. 1. I might only be eating chicken rice and sweet potatoes for the next 20 years and 2. She might fall in love with you lol

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by coltmc4545 View Post
    My girl is doing a show June 1st and I actually helped her do all this yesterday. Ill give her the tip about shredding the chicken. I'm still on my dirty bulk until April 1st so I'm eating whatever I want. I know cash, I'm lazy and have no disapline lol I actually told her about you last night and how you used to compete but you still stay in single digit bf and you haven't touched anything besides chicken and rice and sweet potatoes for over 20 years. She said people probably thinks he's a whacko. I said yeah you're probably right.... Until he rips of his shirt and demands a pose down lol She wants to see pictures of you but I'm hesitant for 2 reasons. 1. I might only be eating chicken rice and sweet potatoes for the next 20 years and 2. She might fall in love with you lol
    This is mostly the reaction to which I've grown accustom.

    C'mon man! You can do chicken, rice and sweet potatoes for the next 20 years in your sleep! No issue there whatsoever.

    I know 99.9% of the people on the planet would be absolutely miserable living the way that I do. For me, its the only way I could live. It is not about goals, the next show, or improving my physique anymore. As you noted, those days end 20 years ago. Since then and into the future, I'll continue to do what I do simply because I really do enjoy it. It is the most satisfying and gratifying lifestyle that I've yet to experience. It has and will continue to facilitate all of my other ambitious in life - personally and professionally.

  14. #14
    Senior Member sfstud33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    America
    Posts
    757
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    I never really thought about cooking a week in advance before. And cooking is driving me nuts with the amount of prep i have to do. I think im going to give this a try and see how it works out.

    Im not sure i can stick to chicken, rice and sweet potatoes - is there a reason you dont have other items in your diet such as berries, green beans, brussel sprouts, oats, beef, turkey, pumpkin, squash etc? Im not advocating them in particular, im just curious as if you prefer a more bland diet. Dont get me wrong - your results are impressive. Bland is definately working. Im just not sure i could stick to it religiously. But that may indicate a self dicipline issue rather than a diet issue!
    Powered by food, raw ambition, and an awesome woman.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Oats, some fruits, and green veggies are included....we were just joking around about just chicken, rice and sweet potatoes only.

    Originally Posted by sfstud33 View Post
    I never really thought about cooking a week in advance before. And cooking is driving me nuts with the amount of prep i have to do. I think im going to give this a try and see how it works out.

    Im not sure i can stick to chicken, rice and sweet potatoes - is there a reason you dont have other items in your diet such as berries, green beans, brussel sprouts, oats, beef, turkey, pumpkin, squash etc? Im not advocating them in particular, im just curious as if you prefer a more bland diet. Dont get me wrong - your results are impressive. Bland is definately working. Im just not sure i could stick to it religiously. But that may indicate a self dicipline issue rather than a diet issue!

  16. #16
    Elite BigTruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new England
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    14 pounds of chopped chicken breast in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Bag.

    I don't use any seasoning or sauces. Just meat & heat followed by eat!
    I'm in a tractor trailer for 10-14 hours a day so heat and eat is out of the question for me haha and im always in somewhat of a hurry to get the next load on and off again. Guess I'll have to get used to no heat and eat lmao cold fooooooood

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by BigTruck View Post
    I'm in a tractor trailer for 10-14 hours a day so heat and eat is out of the question for me haha and im always in somewhat of a hurry to get the next load on and off again. Guess I'll have to get used to no heat and eat lmao cold fooooooood
    I've eaten plenty of meals "on-the-go" during travel and cold. Like everything else, just requires commitment to planning.

  18. #18
    Elite BigTruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new England
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    I've eaten plenty of meals "on-the-go" during travel and cold. Like everything else, just requires commitment to planning.
    Absolutely!! Dedication I have, and better planning is a work in progress

  19. #19
    Elite BigTruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new England
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    Oats, some fruits, and green veggies are included....we were just joking around about just chicken, rice and sweet potatoes only.
    Cash how do you prefer your oats? I just bought some organic rolled oats and have yet to prepare them.

  20. #20
    Elite BigTruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new England
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

    Bought some yams and sweet potatoes too and plan on preparing a weeks meals this weekend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. First Sunday
    By snake in forum Sports Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 07:20 PM
  2. Sunday fun day meal prep
    By lightweight in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 10:07 PM
  3. Sunday NFL Playoff games
    By DF in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •