Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

every meal is prepared, packaged, and stored in the fridge for the next 7 days.

This always gives me a feeling of peace because it is symbolic and a signal in my mind that, once again, I am ready to forge ahead without hesitation.

At no point during the course of the coming week, do I have to spend any mental energy thinking "what am I going to eat?"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,629 Times in 1,632 Posts

Re: It's 4:00 pm on Sunday and...

Question. When i cook that far in advance i have issues with meat and sweet potatoes starting to get "funky" any tips or tricks to share?
    In need of dieting help? Email me at HeliosNutrition@gmail.com

Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

#mUGga

Thanks

Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    Question. When i cook that far in advance i have issues with meat and sweet potatoes starting to get "funky" any tips or tricks to share?
    Use a slow cooker and shred the chicken after it is cooked. I store it in 1 gallon zip lock bags in the fridge. Shredded chicken doesn't get "rubbery" in the fridge.

I will bake the sweet potatoes and skin, smash them and store them in a gallon freeze bag also.

Rice, I cook 5 cups and do the same - zip lock and reheat.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    Use a slow cooker and shred the chicken after it is cooked. I store it in 1 gallon zip lock bags in the fridge. Shredded chicken doesn't get "rubbery" in the fridge.

I will bake the sweet potatoes and skin, smash them and store them in a gallon freeze bag also.

Rice, I cook 5 cups and do the same - zip lock and reheat.

Hook us up with your slow cooker chicken recipe!

Thanks

Originally Posted by Azog View Post
    Hook us up with your slow cooker chicken recipe!
    14 pounds of chopped chicken breast in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Bag.

I don't use any seasoning or sauces. Just meat & heat followed by eat!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,097 Times in 7,789 Posts

Originally Posted by Spongy View Post
    The faster you get your foods to cool, and the colder your fridge, the longer they will last. One thing my girl does is cooks two weeks of chicken at a time, vac packs it with one of those stupid food saver things and freezes it in portions. They thaw overnight in the fridge... Pretty nifty. Only thing I'll let her use that food saver for anyway is frozen shit. Not a fan of botulism.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

food saver rocks!!!!

Thanks

14 pounds of chopped chicken breast in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Bag.

Thanks Cash!

Thanks

got the next 5 days of chicken and rice cooked up today.
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

Thanks

I assume it's thawed before you put it in the slow cooker?
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

Thanks

every sunday i cook all the chicken i need then place the pieces in tupperware along with my veggies and any rice or carbs being used for that week and freeze each meal individually, never ever had an issue eating my chicken on a friday night that i had prepared the sunday before, only thing i need to really cook is my morning eggs and oatmeal, and do up my shakes and thats it everyday!

Thanks

My girl is doing a show June 1st and I actually helped her do all this yesterday. Ill give her the tip about shredding the chicken. I'm still on my dirty bulk until April 1st so I'm eating whatever I want. I know cash, I'm lazy and have no disapline lol I actually told her about you last night and how you used to compete but you still stay in single digit bf and you haven't touched anything besides chicken and rice and sweet potatoes for over 20 years. She said people probably thinks he's a whacko. I said yeah you're probably right.... Until he rips of his shirt and demands a pose down lol She wants to see pictures of you but I'm hesitant for 2 reasons. 1. I might only be eating chicken rice and sweet potatoes for the next 20 years and 2. She might fall in love with you lol

Thanks

Originally Posted by coltmc4545 View Post
    My girl is doing a show June 1st and I actually helped her do all this yesterday. Ill give her the tip about shredding the chicken. I'm still on my dirty bulk until April 1st so I'm eating whatever I want. I know cash, I'm lazy and have no disapline lol I actually told her about you last night and how you used to compete but you still stay in single digit bf and you haven't touched anything besides chicken and rice and sweet potatoes for over 20 years. She said people probably thinks he's a whacko. I said yeah you're probably right.... Until he rips of his shirt and demands a pose down lol She wants to see pictures of you but I'm hesitant for 2 reasons. 1. I might only be eating chicken rice and sweet potatoes for the next 20 years and 2. She might fall in love with you lol
    This is mostly the reaction to which I've grown accustom.

C'mon man! You can do chicken, rice and sweet potatoes for the next 20 years in your sleep! No issue there whatsoever.

I know 99.9% of the people on the planet would be absolutely miserable living the way that I do. For me, its the only way I could live. It is not about goals, the next show, or improving my physique anymore. As you noted, those days end 20 years ago. Since then and into the future, I'll continue to do what I do simply because I really do enjoy it. It is the most satisfying and gratifying lifestyle that I've yet to experience. It has and will continue to facilitate all of my other ambitious in life - personally and professionally.

Thanks

I never really thought about cooking a week in advance before. And cooking is driving me nuts with the amount of prep i have to do. I think im going to give this a try and see how it works out.

Im not sure i can stick to chicken, rice and sweet potatoes - is there a reason you dont have other items in your diet such as berries, green beans, brussel sprouts, oats, beef, turkey, pumpkin, squash etc? Im not advocating them in particular, im just curious as if you prefer a more bland diet. Dont get me wrong - your results are impressive. Bland is definately working. Im just not sure i could stick to it religiously. But that may indicate a self dicipline issue rather than a diet issue!