New To This

Reaction score
I am thin and a light lifter and jogger. I want to build some bulk and tone up. I want to kick start it with some sort of testosterone supplement, or whatever experienced users may suggest. Someone suggested Mutant Plexx at about 1/2 the recommended dose, others recommended a GNC testosterone booster or something like that.

Besides consistent workouts, what would anyone recommend to gain muscle without having to monitor my cycle and pct to the nth degree?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cheers, Statman. It's customary to introduce yourself in the New member forum and talk a bit about your goals & experience before diving in to supplement / cycle advice.

Having said that, I would forget the natty test supps and focus on your diet instead if your goals are to gain lean mass. Forum Mod Spongy is our resident Diet Guru and could help you out tremendously in this regard.

Welcome to SI, Mate! Hope you'll stay a while!

- Savage

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What are your stats? Age height weight bf% lifting experience. I hate to sound like this but that gnc crap is worthless. Adding a extra high protein meal with a bunch of calories a day would do more justice then that crap. Alot of those test boosters just boost libido and you don't get muscle gains out of a booster.

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Agreed. The best way to optimize your natural test production is to focus on your diet, make sure you get enough sleep and rest every day, and not get sick. You'd be amazed at what a well planned diet, consistently followed, can do for you without any drugs or supplements. That's what the supplement industry doesn't want you to know, is that the only way to get good results is to strictly follow your exercise and diet plans, and consistently get good rest. There are no shortcuts. Even guys on steroids, ask the guys here, WILL NOT make progress without these other factors in place.

I don't know of any test boosting OTC supplements that have actually been demonstrated to work in a real, unbiased study. Basically the OTC supplement industry is by and large a big scam. I would advise sticking to things that we know work, like multivitamins, fish oil, whey protein if you need it, maybe some creatine... but that's about where the list of OTC supplements that have really shown good results ends.

There are obviously drugs and hormones you can use to boost your test levels, but all of these options come with potential negative side effects and should never be taken lightly. Stick around and make sure you fully understand these options before you decide to jump in to them.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on underdosed costly OTC test supps at GNC. Food, Train, Sleep, and more food. The other thing is you will need to balance whether you want to Bulk or Tone..... If you want to Bulk up, scale down on the amount of cardio (jogging) you may be doing. You may be more of a body recomp person that doesn't necessarily want to gain a massive amount of weight at once. But we will not know necessarily until you state some stats and experience. Btw welcome!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am thin and a light lifter and jogger. I want to build some bulk and tone up. I want to kick start it with some sort of testosterone supplement, or whatever experienced users may suggest. Someone suggested Mutant Plexx at about 1/2 the recommended dose, others recommended a GNC testosterone booster or something like that.

Besides consistent workouts, what would anyone recommend to gain muscle without having to monitor my cycle and pct to the nth degree?

Sounds like you just need to eat more, likely in the protein department. Even with testosterone, if you aren't eating enough protein you won't synthesize muscles. You probably want to stay away for now. Certainly do not buy OTC test boosters. Only thing they boost is profits for supp companies.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome brother. Read all you can- learn all you can.

Vette

powermaster

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
All good advice. Get in and make some friends, share your goals and trust me they will help you out. welcome aboard.

Braw16

Reaction score
Welcome to SI great advice by good guys

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am thin and a light lifter and jogger.

^^^This explains it

1) If you're thin you need to eat more. Here are some basics:
Protein @ ~1gram per pound of LBM
Then, if need be, increase overall calories with a balance of quality complex carbs (yams, oatmeal, etc) and fats (Fish, beef, eggs, nuts, etc)

2) Lift heavy-Deads, Squats, Standing-press, Bench-press, &Bent-over rows are essential.

3)Jogging will not help you build muscle and will burn calories needed to rebuild muscle

I think the best test-boosting supp is DAA powder. it's cheap and relatively effective

New Threads