Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Gaining muscle but fat too

    Ok, so I'm on my first cycle of test c and been consistently working out for a while and not strictly dieting but watching what I eat and when I eat it.

    Since being on cycle I have increased my caloric intake. So I went from like 2500 to like 3500 per day.

    This was a typical day.

    7:30 breakfast. 5 scrambled eggs with bell pepper, a handful of baby carrots, a stick of string cheese, and 16 oz of water, coffee, no sugar, only skim milk

    9:30 snack: pure protein bar, water

    11:30 lunch: typically with co workers at a restaurant, it varies, I usually ensure I get a protein and veggies,

    2 pm snack: premier protein shake

    5pm: post workout. Creatine, dried cranberries (handful), tuna salad pack, chocolate milk

    7pm: dinner. Chicken/beef with veggies

    9 pm snack: cottage cheese with grapes.

    My workouts consist of 3 days per week of full body training and two days cardio.

    The past 2 weeks I've been doing cardio 5 days per week

    The first 4 weeks resulted in about 15 lb weight gain.

    It's maintained there weight wise for the past 2 weeks. But I have noticed my belly appears bigger and love handles more noticeable.

    Should I decrease calories or go back to 1cc test v 2 per week? Start doing 5 or 6 days in the gym and cardio?

    Thanks for the feedback

  2. #2
    Elite Hollywood72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    I'm not a diet guru but may e cut down on the dairy

    What are your goals?

  3. #3
    Senior Member coltmc4545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In your mouth
    Posts
    1,785
    Thanks
    403
    Thanked 790 Times in 332 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    Ok, 1000 cal increase a day is gonna blow you up. You need to go up progressively. More like 2-300 a day if you're clean bulking and 500 if you're going for an all out bulk. I'm guessing you haven't increased those cals which is why you're weight has stalled. I see 3 problems if you're worried about gaining fat, eating out at lunch, protien bars, and dairy. You're not exactly eating horribly dirty, but you're not eating clean either. Also, are the only carbs you get from veggies? Try some brown rice and sweet potatoes bro. I love dairy myself. I wish I owned a cow cuz I'd suck on an udder all day. You probably mix your shake with milk to I'm guessing? Try it with water. And oh, are you taking an AI? You might just have elevated E and be holding water.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    Where are the carbs in your diet? The lack of carbs is the biggest problem I see here. Drop the dairy, add some rice and sweet potatoes and oats. If you're worried about gaining fat, you could drop carbs after say 4 or 5 o'clock and eat only protein/fat/veggies after that. But I would advise having some carbs in your diet, and dropping the dairy probably wouldn't hurt you in trying to stay lean.

    Also, try to avoid protein bars unless you have absolutely no choice. A snack of whole foods with the proper protein/carb profile would be better.

    Keep the test where it is, cutting it in half will not help. As colt said, you are probably holding some water because of it. Are you taking an AI?

  5. #5
    Elite TheLupinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Top of the food chain
    Posts
    2,314
    Thanks
    676
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 550 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    I agree with the boys, cut the dairy.. it's hard on your body to digest and personally I think it mostly benefits "hard gainers".

    ..I've cut weight with protein bars in my diet before, it's not optimal but I wouldn't consider a protein bar to be a "bulking" meal/snack so long as it maintains close to a 10/1 ratio of Calories/ Protein (e.g. 200 calorie bar w/20g protein)
    I <3 My Source

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Gaining muscle but fat too

    Just started an ai in my cycle, so the consensus I'm seeing is dropping dairy and add complex carbs.

    And maybe this ai will reduce my water, thanks for the feedback

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Gaining muscle but fat too

    Originally Posted by Hollywood72 View Post
    I'm not a diet guru but may e cut down on the dairy

    What are your goals?
    Well, I started with a goal of 200lb body weight at 10-12 pct bf.

    I have to get a caliper and really see my bf but I recently crested 205.

    I feel good, but my midsection looks bigger, not sure if its water or fat but I want to do something about it before it becomes a problem

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Gaining muscle but fat too

    Yea I cut out the bars a little bit ago, I took a look at my food log to make that list and I had quite a few of them up until a couple weeks ago

  9. #9
    Senior Moderator Spongy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,530
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 3,632 Times in 1,633 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    All solid advice. Without currrnt stats its hard for me to go much beyond what was already said.
    In need of dieting help? Email me at HeliosNutrition@gmail.com

    Asking pillar how much orals to take is like asking Charlie Sheen how many hookers you should ****. - Jin

    #mUGga

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    Biggest issue I see here is that you are "guessing" at how many calories/macros you are actually ingesting.

    Get a food scale and weight out your portions. I make every guy with whom I work do this and they are always shocked at how badly they "guess" regarding there food consumption.

    Quick story, a couple of years back, I trained a guy who went on to win the Overall at the Southeastern USA. After 3 weeks on my diet, he comes in and tells me he is not dropping any weight. He swore up and down he was following the diet to the letter as I wrote it down. I drove over to his place (2 1/2 hours away) and stayed with him for the entire day to watch him eat and train. Not once did he measure his proportions even thought the exact proportions where printed on the diet I gave him. When we started weight his proportions he was actually consuming almost 800 more calories than what I had written out for him. Once he started weight his proportions as I showed him, his diet clicked and, as I said he won the overall at the Southeastern USA.

    Get a food scale.

  11. #11
    Elite 63Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,256
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 28 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    It sure is good to see so many young guys give such good advice. Floribama, you have some good advice here brother. A few good carb choices are sweet potato, brown rice, and Ezekiel bread. Replace those protein bars with precooked chicken (squirt a little spicy mustard on there). I wrap them in tin foil and eat them like a dang candy bar. An increase in 500 calories a day is 3500 a week and that will result in about a one pound gain. By bumping your calories by 1000, and being short on carbs, I suspect your body is storing a little of the extra calories. I am not a nutritionist by any means but I can tell you what works well for me.

    Also, NEVER fear the aromasin brother. An AI does more than just help prevent gyno.... homeostasis will try to elevate your estrogen as your test increases so you will have a little higher level than you want.... bloat is often a part of that. While estrogen is important to have, too much is not a pleasant experience for men.


    Respect,
    Vette
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Gaining muscle but fat too

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    Biggest issue I see here is that you are "guessing" at how many calories/macros you are actually ingesting.

    Get a food scale and weight out your portions. I make every guy with whom I work do this and they are always shocked at how badly they "guess" regarding there food consumption.

    Quick story, a couple of years back, I trained a guy who went on to win the Overall at the Southeastern USA. After 3 weeks on my diet, he comes in and tells me he is not dropping any weight. He swore up and down he was following the diet to the letter as I wrote it down. I drove over to his place (2 1/2 hours away) and stayed with him for the entire day to watch him eat and train. Not once did he measure his proportions even thought the exact proportions where printed on the diet I gave him. When we started weight his proportions he was actually consuming almost 800 more calories than what I had written out for him. Once he started weight his proportions as I showed him, his diet clicked and, as I said he won the overall at the Southeastern USA.

    Get a food scale.
    Solid advice, thx

  13. #13
    Elite BigTruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    new England
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    Cash out when u gonna come Monitor me bro haha jk I'm sure I'd benefit immensley, and most would and that's awesome man!

  14. #14
    Senior Member hogs4us2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    Spongy,

    Could you help me out with a good diet to drop about 20-25 pounds? I don't eat any suger or drink anything but water, I've cut out carbs as well except the few carbs you get in the protien shake and bars. below will give you a little more insight to were I'm at on this journey........Thanks in advance!


    Privatemdlabs

    Guys, I'm looking for some help and feedback here. I am brand-new to HRT and know even less about steroids. So here goes.


    I am a 46-year-old white male 6'1 220 pounds (about 25 pounds overweight) never smoked, drank or did any kind of drugs.

    I work out five days a week, About an hour a day. In the past year, I noticed I didn't have the energy that I use to have. It's even got to the point, where I have to take an afternoon nap around 4 o'clock in the evening. So I decided to get blood work done and I'll post it below and as you'll see my Total Testosterone came back, at 252 out of a reference range of 241 – 827.

    So I contacted HRT on demand and talked with Mike and they are recommending the following.

    2 test CYP
    1 5000IU
    20 0.5mg anastrzole
    1 MIC B-Complex…………………………………And all of the needles necessary for the dosage.


    I intend on using this as follows, based upon the advice I read from a post on here from cashout.

    1) Start with a small amount (no more than 50 mgs per injection for starters) of long ester oil based test injected 2 times per week - I liked Monday morning and Thursday evening……start your protocol with 100 mg split up over 2 injections every 84 hours (50 per shot) and get tested every 4 weeks so you can adjust upward. Adjusting 1 drug upward is a lot easier than trying to fine tune multiple drugs.

    2) Only add an AI if necessary - i.e. estrogen levels are elevated on blood tests

    3) If you are no concerned about having kids in the future, skip the HCG as it tends to complicate the initial processes.

    4) Always remember, use a little drugs as possible as you will be doing this for your life and less drugs over the long term can mitigate side effects.

    Advise our input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

    Test Name Results Units Reference Ranges


    Testosterone Total 252 ng/dL 241 – 827
    Testosterone Free 0.95 ng/dL 0.95 – 4.30
    Estradiol 13.7 pg/mL 10 – 42
    Estrone 11.8 pg/mL 9 – 36
    Estrogens total 25.5 pg/mL 19 – 69

    PSA Screening 0.74 ng/mL 0.00 – 4.00

    WBC 7.4 K/uL 3.8 – 10.8
    RBC 5.11 M/uL 4.200 – 5180
    Hemoglobin 14.5 g/dL 13.2 – 17.1
    Hematocrit 43.4 % 38.5 – 50.0
    MCV 84.9 fL 80.0 – 100.0
    MCH 28.4 pg 27.0 – 33.0
    MCHC 33.4 g/dL 32.0 – 36.0
    RDW 14.4 % 11.0 – 15.0
    Platelet count 320 K/uL 140 – 400
    Neutrophils # 4.09 K/uL 1.50 – 7.80
    Neutrophils % 55.3 % 17.0 – 80.0
    Lymphocytes # 2.53 K/uL 0.85 – 3.90
    Lymphocytes % 34.2 % 7.0 – 40.0
    Monocytes # 0.48 K/uL 0.20 – 0.95
    Monocytes % 6.5 % 1.5 – 11.0
    Eosinophils # 0.25 K/uL 0.02 – 0.50
    Eosinophils % 3.4 % 0.5 – 4.0
    Basophilis % 0.5 % 0.0 – 20

  15. #15
    Senior Member Four1Thr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    2,122
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    Start your own thread brother
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

  16. #16
    Elite Jada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,310
    Thanks
    2,425
    Thanked 791 Times in 602 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    Originally Posted by Four1Thr33 View Post
    Start your own thread brother
    Damn this is the second time someone said this to him=))
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

  17. #17
    Elite Jada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,310
    Thanks
    2,425
    Thanked 791 Times in 602 Posts

    Re: Gaining muscle but fat too

    Originally Posted by hogs4us2 View Post
    Spongy,

    Could you help me out with a good diet to drop about 20-25 pounds? I don't eat any suger or drink anything but water, I've cut out carbs as well except the few carbs you get in the protien shake and bars. below will give you a little more insight to were I'm at on this journey........Thanks in advance!


    Privatemdlabs

    Guys, I'm looking for some help and feedback here. I am brand-new to HRT and know even less about steroids. So here goes.


    I am a 46-year-old white male 6'1 220 pounds (about 25 pounds overweight) never smoked, drank or did any kind of drugs.

    I work out five days a week, About an hour a day. In the past year, I noticed I didn't have the energy that I use to have. It's even got to the point, where I have to take an afternoon nap around 4 o'clock in the evening. So I decided to get blood work done and I'll post it below and as you'll see my Total Testosterone came back, at 252 out of a reference range of 241 – 827.

    So I contacted HRT on demand and talked with Mike and they are recommending the following.

    2 test CYP
    1 5000IU
    20 0.5mg anastrzole
    1 MIC B-Complex…………………………………And all of the needles necessary for the dosage.


    I intend on using this as follows, based upon the advice I read from a post on here from cashout.

    1) Start with a small amount (no more than 50 mgs per injection for starters) of long ester oil based test injected 2 times per week - I liked Monday morning and Thursday evening……start your protocol with 100 mg split up over 2 injections every 84 hours (50 per shot) and get tested every 4 weeks so you can adjust upward. Adjusting 1 drug upward is a lot easier than trying to fine tune multiple drugs.

    2) Only add an AI if necessary - i.e. estrogen levels are elevated on blood tests

    3) If you are no concerned about having kids in the future, skip the HCG as it tends to complicate the initial processes.

    4) Always remember, use a little drugs as possible as you will be doing this for your life and less drugs over the long term can mitigate side effects.

    Advise our input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

    Test Name Results Units Reference Ranges


    Testosterone Total 252 ng/dL 241 – 827
    Testosterone Free 0.95 ng/dL 0.95 – 4.30
    Estradiol 13.7 pg/mL 10 – 42
    Estrone 11.8 pg/mL 9 – 36
    Estrogens total 25.5 pg/mL 19 – 69

    PSA Screening 0.74 ng/mL 0.00 – 4.00

    WBC 7.4 K/uL 3.8 – 10.8
    RBC 5.11 M/uL 4.200 – 5180
    Hemoglobin 14.5 g/dL 13.2 – 17.1
    Hematocrit 43.4 % 38.5 – 50.0
    MCV 84.9 fL 80.0 – 100.0
    MCH 28.4 pg 27.0 – 33.0
    MCHC 33.4 g/dL 32.0 – 36.0
    RDW 14.4 % 11.0 – 15.0
    Platelet count 320 K/uL 140 – 400
    Neutrophils # 4.09 K/uL 1.50 – 7.80
    Neutrophils % 55.3 % 17.0 – 80.0
    Lymphocytes # 2.53 K/uL 0.85 – 3.90
    Lymphocytes % 34.2 % 7.0 – 40.0
    Monocytes # 0.48 K/uL 0.20 – 0.95
    Monocytes % 6.5 % 1.5 – 11.0
    Eosinophils # 0.25 K/uL 0.02 – 0.50
    Eosinophils % 3.4 % 0.5 – 4.0
    Basophilis % 0.5 % 0.0 – 20

    Hi welcome to si , just start a thread and u will get the help brother . Plus I love to read:-B
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Similar Threads

  1. Dieting but still gaining weight, help!
    By ryanharvey in forum Fat Burning and Weight Loss
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 05:25 PM
  2. Need advice on gaining muscle
    By HomeOfBacon in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 11:13 AM
  3. Need help gaining weight/muscle!
    By HomeOfBacon in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 03:30 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 01:48 AM
  5. Low-Carb Ketogenic Dietsó They Burn Fat But What About muscle
    By mugzy in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 12:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •