My protein shake

cranium85

Banned
Reaction score
Okay guys so I'm new to the site and just getting back into working out seriously again. Well I have been working out for years, but I haven't exactly been able to hot the gym and train the way I would and also haven't been able to eat the way I want to, but anyways. This is my new favorite protien shake.

3 scoops whey protein. 75 g protein, cal.420
2.5 cups whole milk 20 g protein , cal. 375
1 yo play yogurt 5 g protein , cal 170
One banana , who the hell knows
5-6 strawberry , like I said

Total protien and calories just from the top three ingredients

Cal: 965
Prot: 100 grams

Now next I'm going to be adding a scoop of peanut butter for added protein and calls. Also I use to always add a tablespoon of. Olive oil to my shakes just to get that extra 300-400 calories.

If anyone has any suggestions please , I'm all ears. But the way I'm making it now it taste like heaven in a glass

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dude all you need is one scoop a day. Replace shakes with real food and you'll grow. Nutrition from good food is 100 times better than shakes. I drink one shake a day and that's after my workout.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
I like your shake but agree with Big Herm....but not a bad idea temporarily if youre having trouble meeting calories and eating

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dude all you need is one scoop a day. Replace shakes with real food and you'll grow. Nutrition from good food is 100 times better than shakes. I drink one shake a day and that's after my workout.

Herm speaks the truth. That's a fuck load of protein to digest (or not) at once. I would have the world's nastiest gas after that shake.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brother, like everyone is saying you need to reevaluate that shake.

IMO, you are doing a major over kill on the protein and I would also cut some of the sugar (strawberries or banana). You may consider adding some 1/2 - 3/4 cup whole rolled oats.

Whiteout knowing anything about you I would shoot for these macros.
50 grams protein, 70 grams carbs, 15 grams fat

Post up you age, height, weight, your goal (bulk etc.) and maybe what your entire diet looks like and maybe we can help you come up with a PWO shake....just a thought.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why are you mixing fats with simple carbs like fruit? You'll gain weight for sure that way, but the wrong kind.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Herm speaks the truth. That's a fuck load of protein to digest (or not) at once. I would have the world's nastiest gas after that shake.

Yeah Brother I have to agree with my man Azog here, 75 grams of protein is way too much in one sitting. 30-40 grams is about my limit spaced between 5 REAL Meals a day and 1 after workout shake.....but yes smack up some stats and goals man and listen to say wisdom from the brothers here, I know I did.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why are you mixing fats with simple carbs like fruit? You'll gain weight for sure that way, but the wrong kind.

Fats + Simple carbs = may as well be eating a donut.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Okay guys so I'm new to the site and just getting back into working out seriously again. Well I have been working out for years, but I haven't exactly been able to hot the gym and train the way I would and also haven't been able to eat the way I want to, but anyways. This is my new favorite protien shake.

3 scoops whey protein. 75 g protein, cal.420
2.5 cups whole milk 20 g protein , cal. 375
1 yo play yogurt 5 g protein , cal 170
One banana , who the hell knows
5-6 strawberry , like I said

Total protien and calories just from the top three ingredients

Cal: 965
Prot: 100 grams

Now next I'm going to be adding a scoop of peanut butter for added protein and calls. Also I use to always add a tablespoon of. Olive oil to my shakes just to get that extra 300-400 calories.

If anyone has any suggestions please , I'm all ears. But the way I'm making it now it taste like heaven in a glass

id like to know where you came up with 100 grams 0f protein per sitting....just out of curiosity.
unless you weigh about 350lbs and train like a beast,... I don't think your body is going to utilize it.
I use a lot of protein shakes, but real food is the best and comes first. im busy, so I use shakes in between my meals to keep my protein intake high. but never more than 40-50 grams per sitting.
I take one shake an hour or so before breakfast, one before bed, and one in the middle of the night about 3am and a couple during the day in between meals.
but this is based on my body weight and the intensity that I train at personally.
you need to get a diet dialed in for "you" and not how much what everyone else takes.
but 100 grams of protein is too much.... but then.. hey, maybe you're a big 350lb MF woodpecker. :-?

Cashout

Reaction score
Wow! I'm not sure how to respond!

Just the volume alone of the liquid - do you have to put that thing in a 44 oz Big Gulp cup from 7-eleven and walk around sipping on it all day?

Whole milk? Your hitting a solid 20 grams of dairy fat with that alone. Not a fan of dairy anyway.

List out the rest of your diet. I'm curious now.

BigTruck

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Banana is 80 cals btw haha that's ur average 8 inch they're usually 10cals an inch just like my oh he'll nm lol

New Threads