Thanks

Flashback moment...

I have nothing to do today - as is evidenced by my activity level on the site.

So, I was putting some of the my kids old toys in the attic and I started rummaging through the multitude of storage bins up there.

I found one with 6 spiral notebooks that represented my old workout logs from the time I was 15 until the time I was about 19. Fun to look at all my old notes.

The best thing I found was an 30 minute Memorex Cassette tape with the title on the label that reads "Workout Ride Music #1."

You see, when I was 15 and started working out in 1985, the gym was about 6 miles from my parents house - if you traveled by roads.

If you rode your bike across the golf course that ran behind our house, as I did, it was only about 4 miles. So, every morning at 4:30 am, Monday through Friday, I would hop on my 20 inch BMX bike (which I still have by the way) and peddle myself across the golf course to the gym to get my first workout of the day in. Yup, you read that correctly - my first workout of the day. I trained twice a day back then - before and after high school.

Reading the list of songs on the tape was a flashback! Here is what I listened to on my bike ride to the gym every morning in 1985-86.

Tom Swayer - Rush
    Modern day cowboy - Tesla
    Lunatic Fringe - Red Rider
    Dreams - Van Halen
    Best of both worlds - Van Halen
    Back in black - AC/DC
    Burning heart - Survivor
    Hells bells - AC/DC

Don't get much better than that!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,369 Times in 1,805 Posts

Re: Flashback moment...

Some good tunes on that tape. I still have some of my early log books up in my dads attic. I'll have to go grab those for some kicks. I also have a walkman with a cassette at home & my old workout tapes. I will say that to this day I still have some of the same music on my ipod. Eye of the Tiger (woot!).

Thanks

Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    Some good tunes on that tape. I still have some of my early log books up in my dads attic. I'll have to go grab those for some kicks. I also have a walkman with a cassette at home & my old workout tapes. I will say that to this day I still have some of the same music on my ipod. Eye of the Tiger (woot!).
    Heck yeah! I had yellow Sony Walkman too! Lost it in college though. My iPod is filled with that same music as well.

Thanks

I know you had some of that REO Speedwagon in there as well..lol

Thanks

In Highschool my friend had a small workout room which his dad built a bench and lat pull down. Pretty cool thinking back but we all used to work out over there. We would always put on the rocky sound track before we tried our max. It's funny thinking back when my whole goal was a 200lb bench. Rocky helped

Thanks
    Thanked 3,369 Times in 1,805 Posts

I miss the old days. Back then I could go to any gym in the country & not hesitate to ask any random guy for a spot on any exercise. Now, there is now way I'd ask anyone in the gym for a spot that I didn't know. I do not have a death wish.