Thoughts on my diet...

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So started dieting based on a carb cycle about 1st of Jan. Well I've seen that my body can only handle so many weeks of carbs and during my cycle in Sept...yeah I depleted that. So ended up on a keto diet.

Its a little over 2400 calories: 132 fat, 20 cabrs, and 310 protein

Breakfast: 8 eggswhites, 1 egg
4 meals of either 8oz turkey or 6oz chicken with 1.5 cups veggies
Last meal is either 6oz 93/7 beef or 40g casein

Been on that for about 6 weeks. Had a bf reading 3 weeks ago and again today. BF is down 1%, visceral down 1% and my weight is down 6lbs (down to 222.2).

Cardio is 30mins at heart rate 130-140 and burning between 350-400.

Should I adjust anything because 1%bf drop over 3 weeks seems a hell of a lot low.

Thanks!

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by your body can only handle so many weeks of carbs? What are your current stats?

Are you on any AAS right now? What's your training split?

Sorry for the million questions, but that will give me a better idea of where you stand.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by your body can only handle so many weeks of carbs? What are your current stats?

Are you on any AAS right now? What's your training split?

Sorry for the million questions, but that will give me a better idea of where you stand.

Im type 1 diabetic so carbs and me dont always agree. Right now I am not on any AAS. I had upped my carbs for the winter during Test Prop and Var. Beginning and mid way thru saw some great gains but towards the end... bf% shot up. Carb cycle beginning of Jan... bf% pretty much rose or remained the same.

Training split is 5x week: Chest, Legs, Shoulders, Back, Arms (calves, abs, forearms thrown in 2x/week)

Started diet at 232 at 21%. Now Im at 222 at 20% (last reading was 3 weeks ago at 228 at 21%)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im type 1 diabetic so carbs and me dont always agree. Right now I am not on any AAS. I had upped my carbs for the winter during Test Prop and Var. Beginning and mid way thru saw some great gains but towards the end... bf% shot up. Carb cycle beginning of Jan... bf% pretty much rose or remained the same.

Training split is 5x week: Chest, Legs, Shoulders, Back, Arms (calves, abs, forearms thrown in 2x/week)

Started diet at 232 at 21%. Now Im at 222 at 20% (last reading was 3 weeks ago at 228 at 21%)

Do whatever the hell spongy tells you... But....

Look into a cyclical ketogenic diet.... You'll run keto all week but on friday afternoon after you train start eating carbs until saturday afternoon. Then back to keto. You'd probably recomp pretty well on this. Especially if you keep a steady dose of test and maybe even some tren.

But that's just my 2 chicken breasts.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do whatever the hell spongy tells you... But....

Look into a cyclical ketogenic diet.... You'll run keto all week but on friday afternoon after you train start eating carbs until saturday afternoon. Then back to keto. You'd probably recomp pretty well on this. Especially if you keep a steady dose of test and maybe even some tren.

But that's just my 2 chicken breasts.

Hahah "2 chicken breasts".

Def will be be looking into what Spongy says. Will def be looking into something with him in the near future. I will look at the cycling keto. Never really thought about that. As far as AAS...I will be running test/tren/mast around mid april so Im wanting to get as leas as possible before that and then let the tren kick in from there. I just came off pct about Jan 7 so too soon to start the test/tren

Reaction score
I've been doing cyclic keto for a little over a month (3200kcal/day. < 30g carbs, rest of cals split evenly btw fats and protiens, so ~370g protein and ~180g fats). great recomp so far; gone from 200 to 194 without interrupting strength gains and visibly lower bf%.

this might be an obvious point, but one thing I would call attention to is the timing of the carb-up days in relation to the split timing. in my experience, workouts the day of / after carb-up get a noticeable advantage. I'm sure this is part psychological/mood, but there's a physiological basis as well --- muscles like glycogen. if you're doing a 5-day split, you might want to rotate which day of the split falls directly on/after carb-up, just so you're not favoring one muscle group with bonus fuel every week.

for me, my macrocycle starts over every 7th day, so having carb-up day pegged to the weekend ends up cycling through which workout it falls on as weeks go by.

but as type-I, no doubt you've spent a lot longer thinking about glycogen metabolism than most :)

New Threads