Work and live in Dubai?

oldskool954

Reaction score
Any of you guys been to Dubai? I got a really sweet job offer to go there but I've never been out of Florida. It's really exciting but scary at the same time. It looks crazy cool but it is in the Middle East so idk

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
Never been out there. I'm curious to know if anyone lives out there or ever has been. Doesn't seem like a bad spot.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I read a post on another forum from a guy that was working there. He said he could walk in and buy HGH over the counter. Thats a plus for sure.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
expensive city, if you're making big bucks you'll have a blast. But remember you'll be surrounded by young arab princes, sheiks, and their trillion cousins.

trim

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a sister that lived in a city right outside of dubai for about 5 years. just recently moved to singapore. She worked at the john hopkins hospital over there. She really enjoyed her time there, and I would not have considered her a very adventurous type of person. She always talked about how the nite life in dubai was awesome. There were a few things that she had to get used to but she liked it there. I know the biggest adjustment was the internet was censored. She could not go to alot of websites, they were just blocked. That and the tv situation was not good to say the least lol If the job pays well and you have no major ties to the states, then i would jump on it man. I know she did not have to pay tax on her salary too, that might be a plus.

oldskool954

Reaction score
Ya it pays really good 10,000 a month tax free with a car gas room and board they cover my kids school expenses 1 month vaca with flight to states etc. Its a really interesting offer. The only catch is my sons medical needs but it's an American company with American health insurance and I guess there's some great American hospitals there.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That city is all about money. They don't tolerate terrorists... Do it if you have the chance.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My doctor is there for six months to teach and help open a medical university.... they gave him one-fucking-million-dollars to go and do that for SIX months.....

I say if you are single go! If you are not single but have no kids' go! If you have kids, go. Just my opinion brother.

Envious,
Vette

trim

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
as far as the hospitals go, she kind of put it like this. If its day to day minor stuff, she said there is no problem, but if you got something life threatening like cancer or if you were in a major car accident, then you want to be in america for that. I know one of her biggest tasks when she started working there was getting her department up to speed. She is a cytotechnologist which is a person who looks at cells to diagnose cancer, do papsmears etc. She said when she started it took about a month to get results from these things. When she left it was a couple of days. Yes they are improving over there but its not U.S. quality health care as of yet.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Go or Andro will take your place...

Braw16

Reaction score
I have a buddy who does special effects and he has worked in Dubai several times and he has always liked being there. If I had the chance to make that kind of money and knowing what I do about Dubai I would do it

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One of my friends is currently working over there, got his job thru orioninternational and scedules aircraft! Loves it and makes a shit ton on money!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just don't do anything stupid. I'm paranoid cause I watch locked up abroad.

oldskool954

Reaction score
Just don't do anything stupid. I'm paranoid cause I watch locked up abroad.

Ya for sure from what I understand u gotta be real careful with what u do. Because everything we love to do here is illegal and against there religion

Reaction score
Sounds like an unbelievable opportunity. I think you should do it bro. The money is down right phenomenal they are offering you.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do it! Never been out of Florida? That's so American. It's also the key reason why you have to do it - the best learning experience you can have.

I've been there many times. It's a totally crazy place, and one of the safest places in the world - certainly far safer than America. If you can do it and break even its a bargain - it seems you can do it AND come out in front financially - wow!

Please realise it will be different - dramatically so.

As for that scary Middle East - they say that the biggest risk you run if your car breaks down in the desert is being delayed while your rescuers ply you with hospitality. I'd agree with that.

Have fun.

getgains

Reaction score
thats great money but you couldnt pay my big ass enough to live there i dont think it would be my kinda place if your young no kids can put up with people with towels on there heads and dont mind heat do it up

oldskool954

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'm def interested if we can insure that we can get my sons meds over there and some specific health care needs of his taken care of. then we are gonna plan a quick trip over there in April to see what were up against. It all seems to good to be true. speaking to the prospective employer he told me names of developments where they would get my apartment and online it's really nice and they would pay for my kids to go to the international private school over there. I'm just like wow!

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have plenty people close to me who have been there and loved it... many Germans, Morrocans, Americans, and oil people from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are there. Like POB said its all about money there so i wouldnt worry too much about terrorists.. They have some of the most luxurious hotels and resteraunts as well. I would go for the experiance alone, i had the opportunity before i met my wife and didnt. Good luck and be safe if you decide to go

New Threads