405x25 WOW

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya he wasnt walking for the next week lol.

Sherk

Reaction score
That was impressive about half way through then just got retarded. Very sloppy form and wasn't worth the lift about mid way. As the reps went on he started to really bend forward then lift with his lower back. I don't count 25 full reps. Complete waste of time IMO.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There is something about that video that doesn't seem right to me. I can't put my finger on it. I think it is how fast he is coming out of the hole, or something about how the weight looks on the bar. No wraps, no belt, and it has an advertisement attached. I am skeptical. But I will give the fella the benefit of the doubt.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is how you are supposed to rep 405. The other guy forgot his pad and everything. Going too deep as well.

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
thats pete rubish. dude is a monster. seen him deadlift 800lbs. also deadlift 565 15 times

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its fuckin Pete Rubish........say what you want about his form in that video, I guarantee he shits on anything you are capable of or anyone else on this site for that matter. The guy is a fuckin animal.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Perm you need a hug bro?

I said nothing about his form, all I am saying is that is quick as fuck out of the hole for that many reps. God bless Peter Rubish.

Sherk

Reaction score
Its fuckin Pete Rubish........say what you want about his form in that video, I guarantee he shits on anything you are capable of or anyone else on this site for that matter. The guy is a fuckin animal.

I don't care who he is and I never compared myself to him. All I said was that was a shit lift and not true squats towards the end. That could have been flex, Columbo or anyone else and I'd say the same thing about them if they lifted like that. It's slop. His last 2 reps he came up bending all the way forward like he was bowing. You can't argue that's a shitty lift. He should have called it quits way before all that. I don't think anyone can intelligently argue my points. Great attempt yes and I would have collapsed long before he did.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sure they all werent text book reps. Are they ever though, when training to extreme failure?

Sherk

Reaction score
I hear ya. You have a point there.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was impressed, and i thought some of the guys here would be too. I did't put this vid up to be examined. More admired, I know I cant even do 405 once yet, and doing 25 reps of anything takes it to a different level. I think if i did 25 bodyweight squats I would feel the burn.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Perm you need a hug bro?

I said nothing about his form, all I am saying is that is quick as fuck out of the hole for that many reps. God bless Peter Rubish.

I would like a hug too... He's probably done plenty of speed work over time to develop that force... Other thing is, watch the squats themselves. There is no bullshit. No extra nonsense moves. Its very efficient.

I hear ya. You have a point there.

As long as you hits depth and racks it that's three white lights. This isn't bodybuilding.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Either way thats beast. I only got 405 for two last time i was lifting heavy. This kids a freak.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Insane muscular endurance. No doubt he limped for a week afterwards, but that was a very impressive display of strength.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
rubish gets bent over like that a lot i've noticed when he gets extremely heavy or gets tired like in the video posted. he's not even wearing a fucking belt so no wonder. the guy is a fucking beast and that was some of the sickest shit i've ever seen.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As long as you hits depth and racks it that's three white lights. This isn't bodybuilding.

but the mirror queens want to know how was his pump and why he didnt throw in some concentration curls between reps.

New Threads