• Fighting Never Solved Anything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dan Henderson is one of my favorite fighters of all-time. I've been a fan since his days in Pride and followed him to Strikeforce as well before Dana White finally came to his senses and welcomed him to the fold. His decapitating KO of Michael Bisping is a thing of beauty to be cherished forever. He epitomizes heart and determination to me.

Lyoto Machida was at one point a mysterious and frightening commodity. Seemingly unhittable, fighting 'The Dragon' was like chasing smoke. Machida's success using an undeniable TMA style seemed to go against the grain in the UFC, as TUF fans had long since dispensed with the spinning side-kick and gi-ma-sai punching drills in favor of more conventional thai-style leg kicks and western boxing. Machida made karate cool again with his elusive style and ability to "hit and not get hit". John Jones however, may have stolen his eternal soul with his devastating standing front-choke of The Dragon - a defeat which seemed to spell a turning point for Lyoto's mystique.

Given this is a three-rounder, Hendo's suspect gas tank (he is forty-something) should not be a factor. As a counter-striker, the shorter bout could favor Machida though as Hendo will have less clock to work with and subsequently will need to press the attack if he wants to find that all-important opening for the H-Bomb.

I give Machida an outside chance to win on points, but I'm calling Hendo by KO, 1:10 Rd 2.

Peace.

- Savage

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
old school , henderson

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lyoto will make that old man look like a newb

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lyoto will make that old man look like a newb

Im going to have to agree, Ive never not pulled for Dan but I dont like this match up with Dans recent knee problems.

Not sure the choke from Bones had that big of impact on Machida but we will see. Johns just very strong, tall and extremely well coached. No one was getting out of that once he modified the grip and pushed up on the Dragons neck instead of pulling up as with traditional guillitine. Thats eye level stuff there Savage. The best way to defend that is not to get in it in the first place.

My heart is for Dan but this is not Bisping and his sloppy defense and footwork were talking about here. Bad match up for dan IMO.

Want to place a frendly wager Noble?

Winner chooses the others signature for one week.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im going to have to agree, Ive never not pulled for Dan but I dont like this match up with Dans recent knee problems.

Not sure the choke from Bones had that big of impact on Machida but we will see. Johns just very strong, tall and extremely well coached. No one was getting out of that once he modified the grip and pushed up on the Dragons neck instead of pulling up as with traditional guillitine. Thats eye level stuff there Savage. The best way to defend that is not to get in it in the first place.

My heart is for Dan but this is not Bisping and his sloppy defense and footwork were talking about here. Bad match up for dan IMO.

Want to place a frendly wager Noble?

Winner chooses the others signature for one week.

I'm game :) Lets make it fun. Sig Bet for a week: I've got Hendo, you've got Machida, bet?

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Henderson can only hope to land his devastating right hand.. and Machida is the last fighter who's getting caught with a haymaker. Machida will get the best of him especially on the feet

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm game :) Lets make it fun. Sig Bet for a week: I've got Hendo, you've got Machida, bet?

Easy Killa, lets decide what the sig will be first. Im not that big a fan of the dragon.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Easy Killa, lets decide what the sig will be first. Im not that big a fan of the dragon.

LOL! I hadn't thought that far into it. K, If Dan wins you'll be "I Got Hendo'ed". Nothing too raw.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Done.

I wasnt going to rent this but I will now.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do we need a mod to change the sig of the loser? (I'm not clear on the mechanics)

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do we need a mod to change the sig of the loser? (I'm not clear on the mechanics)

Yes I watched Pulp Fiction one night and wound up with the one Ive got now. It was suppose to be a joke but I forgot how to change it.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
All good. Looking forward to this card!

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good night Josh Koshcheck. Lawler was huge

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, bloody hell...

Lay it on me, BGH! Hendo let me down. It wasn't for lack of trying...hell, I felt his frustration at not being able to connect with Machida. Lyoto showed decent offense in this fight and was elusive as ever.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i also wanted and thought hendo would take it.... that fight was pure shit and boring as hell.. what the fuck was that? queers

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well just call it square on this one, this was a shitty fight. IMO bad match ups like this should only be done when absolutely necessary. Another signature bet some other time with higher stakes would be interesting.

Have you noticed that the big name cards often blow and questionable shows like this tend to deliver. I was not disappointed with the purchase.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your a good Bloke - thanks for letting me off the hook. We'll do another and you can have the first pick.

It was worth it for me to see Lawler stop Koscheck. Hell, even the Rousey fight started off promising. Good card, lackluster performance from Hendo amd Machida.

New Threads