Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    I started my Chest Routine yesterday with straight Flat Bench @ 225 for Max Reps

    Set 1 = 27 Reps X 225
    Set 2 = 20 Reps X 225
    Set 3 = 15 Reps X 225
    Set 4 = 15 Reps X 225

  2. #2
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,496
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,092 Times in 7,788 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Why do they do this? I don't understand it. Seems like a weird way to determine if you're good at football...

    Those are some great numbers though Cash.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  3. #3
    Senior Member mattyice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    good stuff... was at 23-24 my pb
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

  4. #4
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,557
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 8,112 Times in 4,363 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    MY boy Cushing killed this part of the combine few years back..New Jersey=Champ

  5. #5
    Elite Tren4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    living the dream
    Posts
    5,065
    Thanks
    7,407
    Thanked 4,364 Times in 2,152 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Damn Cash 77 reps at 225 is 17,325 pounds you moved. NICE
    traps are the new abs.

  6. #6
    Elite mistah187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    1,292
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 251 Times in 168 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    some good shit for sure
    Stay consistent!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Originally Posted by Brother Bundy View Post
    MY boy Cushing killed this part of the combine few years back..New Jersey=Champ
    Yeah he did. Must of been running some TNE

  8. #8
    Elite gymrat827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    shy town
    Posts
    6,762
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,266 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    id like to 15 reps of 225.

  9. #9
    Elite Bro Bundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,557
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 8,112 Times in 4,363 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Originally Posted by airagee23 View Post
    Yeah he did. Must of been running some TNE
    hes been on the gear since he was a kid.I never saw anyone **** shit up like he did in highschool

  10. #10
    Elite R1rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    I started my Chest Routine yesterday with straight Flat Bench @ 225 for Max Reps

    Set 1 = 27 Reps X 225
    Set 2 = 20 Reps X 225
    Set 3 = 15 Reps X 225
    Set 4 = 15 Reps X 225
    ^^ impressive Cash. I can barely get 25 reps @ 225lbs myself on a good day.

    Do you max out? whats your max?

  11. #11
    Elite R1rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Why do they do this? I don't understand it. Seems like a weird way to determine if you're good at football...

    Those are some great numbers though Cash.

    They do it to measure strength and muscle endurance. Not the best way as there are many other ways. It sucks to rep out 225 if your tall or have a huge wingspan

  12. #12
    Elite R1rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    raw strength endurance measure

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Why do they do this? I don't understand it. Seems like a weird way to determine if you're good at football...

    Those are some great numbers though Cash.
    You are 100% correct - it is plain ridiculous that they use this as an assessment. When are you EVER as a football player lying on your back push upward? NEVER!

    Football is all leverage and technique. It has nothing to do with reps on a bench or even max weight.

    I did this to prove a point to a neighbor yesterday. He was bragging about one of the guys in the combine that played ball with his kid in college. The kid is a stud TE and will be playing in the NFL on Sundays. The kid 6' 4" @ 252 lbs did 18 reps with 225.

    I commented that that was nothing. He issued the obligatory "challenge" and then we when to my house and into the gym so I could prove my point.

    Needless to say, I finished up this conversation 27 reps later by tell him, "See, how many times one can do 225 means nothing in terms of playing football now give me my $100 please."

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Originally Posted by R1rider View Post
    ^^ impressive Cash. I can barely get 25 reps @ 225lbs myself on a good day.

    Do you max out? whats your max?
    I've not maxed in more than 20 years. I never do straight set flat bench. I did this to prove a point to a neighbor who was talking out of his backside about things of which he has zero knowledge.

  15. #15
    Senior Member mattyice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    You are 100% correct - it is plain ridiculous that they use this as an assessment. When are you EVER as a football player lying on your back push upward? NEVER!

    Football is all leverage and technique. It has nothing to do with reps on a bench or even max weight.

    I did this to prove a point to a neighbor yesterday. He was bragging about one of the guys in the combine that played ball with his kid in college. The kid is a stud TE and will be playing in the NFL on Sundays. The kid 6' 4" @ 252 lbs did 18 reps with 225.

    I commented that that was nothing. He issued the obligatory "challenge" and then we when to my house and into the gym so I could prove my point.

    Needless to say, I finished up this conversation 27 reps later by tell him, "See, how many times one can do 225 means nothing in terms of playing football now give me my $100 please."
    for OL and DL... push off is 99% of the game, considering they train to hold a block for 4 ct. While it does not define a players abilty, it will define his limitations.
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Originally Posted by mattyice View Post
    for OL and DL... push off is 99% of the game, considering they train to hold a block for 4 ct. While it does not define a players abilty, it will define his limitations.
    Not to be augmentative but I'll assert after doing some research on every first round OL and DL drafted in he past 20 years that it the max rep 225 bench press doesn't even define the limitations of an OL of DL - Chris Samuels - 18 reps on bench 10 year career - 6 time Pro-Bowler, Warren Sapp, HOF - 16 reps, the list goes on and on...

  17. #17
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,496
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,092 Times in 7,788 Posts

    As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    Not to be augmentative but I'll assert after doing some research on every first round OL and DL drafted in he past 20 years that it the max rep 225 bench press doesn't even define the limitations of an OL of DL - Chris Samuels - 18 reps on bench 10 year career - 6 time Pro-Bowler, Warren Sapp, HOF - 16 reps, the list goes on and on...
    Ask any football player what helps the most in the gym and they'll tell you it's the Deadlift.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  18. #18
    Elite R1rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    ^^ x2

    but dont forget, cleans, snatch and squats also

  19. #19
    Georgia
    Guest

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Hey Cash, the reps for these were they clean or momentum driven from a bounce off of the chest? Watching the NFL combine they all bounce they bar up and drop it hard on the chest to get it back up. Never see them do it clean straight up and down with no momentum.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: As an homage to the NFL Combine now underway...

    Just like every other set that I ever do - feeling and form come first. No bouncing, butt bridging, bench bellying the weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GH, IGF1 and should I combine them ?
    By sciroxx in forum Peptides And Growth Hormone
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 08:01 AM
  2. Nfl 2012
    By Marshall in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 08:10 PM
  3. Nfl
    By Yaya in forum Sports Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 10:28 PM
  4. NFL Pool
    By PillarofBalance in forum Board News and Announcements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
  5. NFL Official score board
    By Mr P in forum Sports Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •