In lieu of gym tonight............

Times Roman

Reaction score
I'm on a 3 on 1 off protocol, so it can be kind of rough never really getting two days off in a row from the gym. Tonight was supposed to be my third night (back, shoulders, bi's), but on the way home from work, i ended up at Costco, and bought three bottles of wine. i'm still going down the isle, and noticed a case of Guinness (24) for only $25. so a case of that goes in the cart also.

So now I'm sitting here drinking wine, thinking what the fuck happened to going to the gym?

So this also means going to the gym tomorrow will suck, since i'm drinking tonight.

This is exactly why, for me, below 15% BF is a bitch.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's why I generally just don't drink at all. Very rare for me.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
that case of guinness always begs to jump in my cart... I always say not today.
been rough. but ive kept up with my no alcohol/sugars for a while.

buy pedialyte and drink tomorow morning....
good luck tomorow at the gym

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fuck...I love booze.

I have cut back to only once a month for drinking. It's funny, I can spend a whole day eating candy, ribeye's and potato chips and not gain an ounce of fat or bloat at all. If I get proper drunk, I gain a legit 10+lbs of water and a bit of fat.

Times Roman

Reaction score
Fuck...I love booze.

I have cut back to only once a month for drinking. It's funny, I can spend a whole day eating candy, ribeye's and potato chips and not gain an ounce of fat or bloat at all. If I get proper drunk, I gain a legit 10+lbs of water and a bit of fat.

I hate you!!!

I've already gained 9+ lbs and jjust started my second bottle of wine.

Ok, i don't really hate you. I'm just jealous. But don't get too close else I might bean you upside the head with this empty bottle of wine! =)

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Drop the beer and focus on the wine, youll loose weight. No where near the calories of beer or wiskey and coke. I have a glass or two with dinner. Been great for me in reducing the mid section.

I like Rex-Goliath 42lb Rooster its good shit. Try it and get back with me bloke.

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can't give up all the pleasures of life, moderation my friend!!!

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, there are some resident alcoholics here, and I guess I'm one of them. I can't remember the last day I didn't have a drink. Make that at least two or three drinks.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BGH is correct. I'm a bourbon hound, but for the past two years have only indulged perhaps once a week. Lose the brew, sub-in wine or hootch and you'll faire better the next day at the gym.

Cashout

Reaction score
I have no use for alcohol nor have I ever.

I've tried it 4 times in 25 years and I've come to conclude through experience and observation of others that alcohol has a negative effect on one's clarity of thought and dilutes one's self-control.

I prefer to remain clear of thought and in complete control of my faculties.

What is the point of alcohol?

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
You know sometimes thats just what happens. Its best to have a planned drinking day and work that in with your fitness goals. I have walked down the isle at stores before with no intentions of drinking and got that "endorphin buzz" that allows me to get a glimpse of what my 4th beer is going to feel like. Its possessive as it is, because all I want is to feel like I drank 4 beers the WHOLE NIGHT. Never happens. Thats why something like alcohol is so easy for me to pass on.

oldskool954

Reaction score

I've tried it 4 times in 25 years and I've come to conclude through experience and observation of others that alcohol has a negative effect on one's clarity of thought and dilutes one's self-control.

Your clearly the fuckin man in so many ways and your discipline is pretty amazing. I have come to enjoy alcohol a lot less in my older age then when I was younger. But there is defiantly a place for it in the world. Not the best solution for dealing with life issues but it does work. Mostly I'd say it is a great lubricant for banging women especially less attractive ones when your going thru a dry spell. There's a few more but that's the top 2 for me.

Cashout

Reaction score
Your clearly the fuckin man in so many ways and your discipline is pretty amazing. I have come to enjoy alcohol a lot less in my older age then when I was younger. But there is defiantly a place for it in the world. Not the best solution for dealing with life issues but it does work. Mostly I'd say it is a great lubricant for banging women especially less attractive ones when your going thru a dry spell. There's a few more but that's the top 2 for me.

I've seen this quite frequently - especially among my students that are college age. In the overwhelming majority (read that as 'without exception') of cases it leads to very poor choices and less-than-acceptable resolutions to, as you wrote, "life issues."

So, as a solution for "life issues", I'd be inclined to disagree.

Cashout

Reaction score

I know a lot folks here probably get tired of reading my comments but I don't make them to elicit the "you are the man" type of response. That is not what I am attempting to cultivate.

I typically comment to reinforce that folks can do better. We all can, every single one of us myself included, in some regard of our respective lives can do better for ourselves and those around us. We choose not to do so and that should never be acceptable. We should never give ourselves a 'free pass' because it becomes a habit and then we are relegated to 'just getting by' in life. That is a sad, sad, state of existence.

oldskool954

Reaction score
I agree 100% as I used to resort to it exclusively to deal with my issues. I'm not condoning it for any reason what so ever. I lost my brother to alcohol. I miss spoke with that comment. I have learned to use it in strict moderation to escape every now and then but as a whole for the majority you are right it is a horrible way to deal with issues.

oldskool954

Reaction score
I've seen this quite frequently - especially among my students that are college age. In the overwhelming majority (read that as 'without exception') of cases it leads to very poor choices and less-than-acceptable resolutions to, as you wrote, "life issues."

So, as a solution for "life issues", I'd be inclined to disagree.

I agree 100% as I used to resort to it exclusively to deal with my issues. I'm not condoning it for any reason what so ever. I lost my brother to alcohol. I miss spoke with that comment. I have learned to use it in strict moderation to escape every now and then but as a whole for the majority you are right it is a horrible way to deal with issues.

SAD

Reaction score
I know a lot folks here probably get tired of reading my comments but I don't make them to elicit the "you are the man" type of response. That is not what I am attempting to cultivate.

I typically comment to reinforce that folks can do better. We all can, every single one of us myself included, in some regard of our respective lives can do better for ourselves and those around us. We choose not to do so and that should never be acceptable. We should never give ourselves a 'free pass' because it becomes a habit and then we are relegated to 'just getting by' in life. That is a sad, sad, state of existence.

I once had a Sergeant Major tell me "Good enough, never is." That being said, and I still fall short of this goal, I have learned that not being perfect is perfectly acceptable. We cannot be overachievers, all the time. It is very important to remember that we are human and we sin. We cannot beat ourselves up over mistakes or failures, but rather accept them, learn from them, and move on.

And I am not a state of existence. :D

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

There is a difference between getting shitfaced and enjoying an adult beverage. You don't have a passion for food like I do and so that carries over to drinks I suppose.

I could never keep the austere diet you do... And I know I enjoy a good scotch or a craft ale from time to time.

Just different strokes I guess. My life doesn't revolve around my diet or my passion for iron.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Holy shit. Now I do need a drink...

New Threads