Thread: Diet Advice

Thanks

Diet Advice

Was pretty lazy for a while, found out it was because i got mono! all better now and trying to fix this shit up! okay so i don't care about frequency of meals, just my macros i get each day.. so my stats right now, i weigh in around 210 im 6"2 Bf i dont know, around 16%, my weight may seem like im not that big but at 6'2 i have 6" wrists, my frame is so small, i thought i had a disease like Eds or marfans syndrom but i have had it checked out and my collagen is fine the doctor assured me.. its crazy how much bigger i look then everyone els but when you actually compare measurements im actually smaller then alot of my buds

Okay so I get about 250g protein a day 100 grams fat and 30-200g of carbs per day, i mix it up.. carb cycling

i hate planning meals, i just buy bulk sources of food, i split it up into baggies in the freezer, i buy chicken steak tuna and egg whites, and i randomly eat any of those whenever i feel like it making sure to hit around 250g a day in protein. for carbs i get most from bread, i make chicken and tuna sandwiches, fats i get from loading mayonnaise on my sandwiches.. and from ex virgin olive oil i cook my steak and chicken with, and from whole eggs, i eat about 4 or 5 whole eggs so that's almost 30 grams of fat alone, then if i feel my fats were low ill just eat a few scoops of natty peanut butter before bed, i also get alot of fat from fish oil caps, i swallow about 8 a day haha so my concern is the lack of veggies i get.. i drink this natural fruit juice it is real squezed fruit, lots of vitamines in it and ill have a cup or two of veggies a night, i take a multi vitamin.. Help me out bro's, fix me up good ill try and hit ya back!

Oh and i am cutting right now, i want to get down to 10%

Thanks

Re: Diet Advice

For a multi vitamin I recommend blenderculture or my favorite 9adayplus.com. Would also like to see you drop the nasty peanut butter and switch over to a high quality almond butter. Also start cooking with a high quality coconut oil instead of olive oil. You lose all the health properties in the olive oil once cooked. Eat your olive oil raw on some salad but make sure you get a higher quality one that meant to eat raw. Those two multis I recommended will take care of your veggies but its still good to throw in some broccoli, asparagus, spinach, etc. As for the rest of the diet I would strongly suggest you get with Spongy. Send him a PM for diet help. !SHRUGS!

Thanks

Originally Posted by SHRUGS View Post
    For a multi vitamin I recommend blenderculture or my favorite 9adayplus.com. Would also like to see you drop the nasty peanut butter and switch over to a high quality almond butter. Also start cooking with a high quality coconut oil instead of olive oil. You lose all the health properties in the olive oil once cooked. Eat your olive oil raw on some salad but make sure you get a higher quality one that meant to eat raw. Those two multis I recommended will take care of your veggies but its still good to throw in some broccoli, asparagus, spinach, etc. As for the rest of the diet I would strongly suggest you get with Spongy. Send him a PM for diet help. !SHRUGS!
    Thank Shrugs, will do!

Thanks

Do not eat bread. Eating bread is a big mistake.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Tilltheend View Post
    Do not eat bread. Eating bread is a big mistake.
    Hey why do you say that man? I have always believed that carbs are carbs and your body cannot tell the difference, but the difference is the micro nutrients, which some breads actually have allot of if you pick the right kinds

Thanks

I eat 2 pita's a day tilly and I have abs and striated tris...bread is not evil.

Thanks

Originally Posted by musclebird View Post
    Hey why do you say that man? I have always believed that carbs are carbs and your body cannot tell the difference, but the difference is the micro nutrients, which some breads actually have allot of if you pick the right kinds
    As you wrote, to an extend "carbs are carbs" but the the body can distinguish refined flour from say whole oats. These are issue that are typically only significantly important once one has truly refined their diet to a point that fine distinctions matter and are noticeable in one's appearance.

Simply, most guys don't have the "basics" dialed in enough to be able to detect the difference between carb sources in their own bodies. So, for the guy who is at 10-12% body fat, it is unlikely that he'll notice or feel much of a difference in carb sources.

For the guy whose body fat is a 5%, the ability to see the difference is very obvious.

I would suggest you get the "basic" in line first and not worry about your carb sources until you are prepared to take your appearance to a very refined and near-competition level.