Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 550 Posts

New SARM LGD-4033

New SARM LGD-4033, pulled this from http://www.ligand.com/sarm

Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM)

LGD-4033 is a non-steroidal selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM), expected to produce the therapeutic benefits of testosterone with improved safety, tolerability and patient acceptance due to tissue-selective mechanism of action and an oral route of administration.

Ligand has discovered several novel orally active, non-steroidal SARM compounds, including LGD-4033, based on tissue-specific gene expression and other functional, cell-based technologies. In animal models, LGD-4033 demonstrates anabolic activity in muscles, anti-resorptive and anabolic activity in bones and a robust selectivity for muscle and bone versus prostate and sebaceous glands. LGD-4033 has recently completed a Phase I Multiple Ascending Dose study in healthy volunteers.

Goals of SARM Therapy:

Improve Lean Body Mass (LBM)
    Improve muscle strength
    Improve Physical Performance
    Enhance Quality of Life(QOL)

LGD-4033 has the potential to prevent and treat a variety of muscle wasting conditions:

Clinical Experience

Phase I single and multiple dose escalation studies of LGD-4033 were conducted in a total of 116 healthy male subjects. The safety, tolerability and preliminary efficacy of LGD-4033 was evaluated in the double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase I multiple ascending dose study. Healthy male subjects were randomized to receive 0.1, 0.3 or 1.0 mg LGD-4033 or placebo once daily over 21 days.

Key findings of this study include:

LGD-4033 was safe and well tolerated at all doses following daily oral administration for three weeks in young healthy males.
    No clinically significant dose-related adverse events were reported
    No clinically significant changes in liver function tests, PSA, hematocrit or ECG were seen
    Positive dose-dependent trends in lean muscle mass increase were observed with drug-treated subjects
    Positive dose-dependent trends in functional exercise and strength measures were consistent with anabolic activity

LGD-4033 is positioned to enter into Phase II development. Studies are planned to evaluate LGD-4033 over 12-weeks of oral dosing in conditions such as muscle wasting associated with cancer, acute rehabilitation (e.g. hip fracture), and acute illness.
    Cachexia is a wasting syndrome defined by progressive weight loss, anorexia, and muscle atrophy. Cachexia is a significant factor in the poor performance status and high mortality rate of patients in multiple disease states such as cancer, COPD, severe burns, AIDS and end stage renal disease. Cachexia significantly impairs quality of life and response to medical treatment. Approximately 25% of all cancer deaths can be attributed to cachexia.
    I <3 My Source

Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,185 Posts

Re: New SARM LGD-4033

This is pretty interesting. I wish they would show how much it raises test if it does at all

Thanks

Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post
    This is pretty interesting. I wish they would show how much it raises test if it does at all
    Or if it suppresses it.

Thanks

I don't think this will boost natty test, I'd like to see how this stacks up against ostarine in terms of results vs suppression... It's definitely more potent on a mg-to-mg basis
    I <3 My Source

Thanks

Originally Posted by mlupi319 View Post
    I don't think this will boost natty test, I'd like to see how this stacks up against ostarine in terms of results vs suppression... It's definitely more potent on a mg-to-mg basis
    So u like the ostarine? I haven't tried it yet. Have you ran mp's?

Thanks

Yes I've ran MP's Osta.. First time was a stand-alone cycle, second time I ran it during my last pct.. I'm a fan of osta, noticeable affects (strength & vascularity) when used as a stand-alone but obviously when you run it during pct, well it's less impressive compared to being on cycle, so it doesn't feel as strong.
    I <3 My Source

Thanks

Also Osta isn't suppressive up to 25mg/day. GW-50156 is another great SARM for major improvements in endurance.
    I <3 My Source

Thanks

Originally Posted by mlupi319 View Post
    Yes I've ran MP's Osta.. First time was a stand-alone cycle, second time I ran it during my last pct.. I'm a fan of osta, noticeable affects (strength & vascularity) when used as a stand-alone but obviously when you run it during pct, well it's less impressive compared to being on cycle, so it doesn't feel as strong.
    So u ran it with pct and it helped with maintaining strength and didn't inhibit recovery at 25mg per day as far as u could tell?

Thanks

Originally Posted by oldskool954 View Post
    So u ran it with pct and it helped with maintaining strength and didn't inhibit recovery at 25mg per day as far as u could tell?
    Yes, precisely.
    I <3 My Source