Advice

brown1106

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Needs some advise guys and gals! I have been under spongy's plan for several weeks now and have lost quiet a bit of weight. When I get to say 210 (7 pounds away) I woulod like to start firming up and looking good. I'm 46 and know that I'll never be the hulk but I would like to look firm and all. I will be starting weights this week and suggestions on what would help me achieve my goals would be great. I am currently taking 250mg test and will be starting back on gh soon.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can make some great gains on trt dose test. What is your workout experience?

brown1106

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been working with exercising and cardio for past couple months but before that it was sporadic at best. It's been 10 years since I have done any weight training but have a personal trainer that has alot of experience.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
congrats on the weight loss

brown1106

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So you think the test gh cycle would be all I would need? If so, cool...

brown1106

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thx bro! Being a part of this board really gave me the motivation..

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So you think the test gh cycle would be all I would need? If so, cool...

No need to make it more complicated. You'll do great on the test & gh.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This isn't really an anabolic question. It should be a how should I be training question. Just my thoughts here.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Diet, training, TRT in that order.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Go over your goals with your trainer.

mattyice

Reaction score
^^^this

... Throw in some isometric and resistance training 2-3x a week.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Congradations on your weight lose brother. Being a former over 40 fatty I want you to know; you can be the Hulk you want to be. Look at it in stages and years. My transformation took over 4 years. But I assure you it was well worth the effort.

When I started I said to myself I just want to be normal (what I pictured in my mind I should look like at my age). 1 year later I was there. Then I said I would like to look like a Greek statue 2 more years and I was there. Now I want to see how big I can get and stay under 10% BF.

I used to say I look good for the over 40 crowd. Now I just say I look good.

So what my point? Don't sell yourself short. Paint a picture in your mind then follow the steps and you will get there in time.

Good luck on your journey,
Grind

brown1106

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate that grind! I have my mind set on getting healthier and firmer. If I can do that thru diet, excercise, test, and gh, then I'm set. It helps to see others my age that have been there done that and it's an inspiration to see. Thx bro..

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
everyone here gave some good advice...

that being said there is nothing wrong with throwing some mast and var in with that test and gh!

pirovoliko

Reaction score
grind is right...this is a process, not a race...so start slow and easy..you can only get better and closer to your goals with each workout. Great job man...

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man it's great to be on a board with so many good guys giving good opinions. I'm with Cobra, The Mast and Var sound like they would be a good addition if you are interested. Run Var the last six weeks at 50mg/ed and run the mast at 200mg/week.

Much Respect,
Vette

Santaklaus

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think there is nothing wrong with a TRT dose to help kick start you into weight loss mode. In your 40's your a perfect candidate for TRT and sometimes that's the boost guys need to get the motivation back. I wouldn't start going crazy with other stuff until you reach your weight loss goal however. That's just my 2 cents.. :D Good luck!

New Threads