Thanks

The Great Disconnect.

Alot of good points made here!
    http://youtu.be/eHIX1jehLh4
    Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

Thanks

Re: The Great Disconnect.

I enjoyed that very much thank you for posting.

Wow the library. Remember that thing? I mean, that was how I was doing my reports even in college. Things are moving just way too fast in this World. way too fast.

I am a huge advocate of the outdoors. That is, hiking, climbing, camping. Spending time in the outdoors, in National Parks and away from technology. I believe it is such a basic way to slow down and reconnect with everything. Now, I don't have kids (my ex wife had a son) but when I do I am going to do everything in my power to teach them self sufficiency and to have 'just enough' to be content wherever they may be and to be at peace in their mind no matter what surrounds them.

I pray that we can all just put ours phones and Ipads down long enough to smell the roses. So says the guy typing this on his laptop! Oh well.
    "I want a big fat black stank bitch, smells like chicken." B. Bundy

Thanks

His point is valid. In todays society I have learned its TODAYS SOCIETY. If we have cell phones, (Iphones) if I can download a song in 35 seconds, good for me. It gives me the ability to go about my day at a much quicker pace. Its called technology. I am sure there is a more proper term that I won't use google to search for. What this does to kids is give them the "blank out, let me skip" if they are lazy. Its like texting and driving. Theres no way to implement being a "alpha male" or "bread winner" in society unless it is through sports or working out. Kids need hobbies not a TV. If they have something physical or something that requires a lot of brain activity to do, for example playing a musical instrument, they will focus better, feel more in tuned with their selves, and become a productive member of society. Its not about "fitting in" this is not a society you fit in with. You make your own ground. Then when that happens you get categorized or grouped, by passing individuals or a government in need of cash and control. You don't fit in, with todays society, you use the things around you to aid you while achieving your goals. Kids need goals and they need to be set high. In todays society fitting in is a lil wayne song, smoking a joint, and popping a pill. Thats just how it is, no getting around it. So you take something like bodybuilding or gymnastics, boxing anything, and you make it your hobby. Parents need to pay more attention themselves to the activities of their child. This society's goal is to set you in your spot, they drift you there, or carry you. Look around you, look whats around a child, and then tell me they don't get some help some from the media around them? Its about being level headed, knowing that every action makes a sequence and within each action comes a repercussion. Decisions make who you are and who you become. And the media helps influence these sequences and individual actions. And thats where parents need to step in and explain to their children. Not a once sentence explanation. Not mom says no, more like mom explains to you what that does to your brain. Parental guidance is key here.

Thanks

Thanks to those who responded. I know it's kind of a downer vid, but the truth is Andre (guy doing the video) is my best friend since the age of 3. He lost his 21 year old son to suicide and I lost my God Child. I wanted to see how his message was recieved by our group. Andre married his highschool sweethart 19, against her family's wished. (They hated him), had a son at 20 and another at 35. He's been happily married for 23 years and has accomplished quite alot for a guy who didn't finish college. He is a survivor of many other obstacles of life, like a "widow maker" heart attack at age 42 and survived. Luckily his wife is an ER nurse a recognized the signs he was having or he would be dead. He's just a normal guy like the rest of us who has endured and I'm proud to know him. He's now makes high six figures and has proved everyone wrong who knew him but suffers the tragedy of his son who was a great kid, who workded out like a maniac, got the grades and was on his way....until he fell into a bad set of circumstances he was too afraid to tell his dad about! He will be missed. BTW, he went to his dad's room/closed found a 9mm and put it to his head...3 days after his 21 birthday.
    Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,361 Times in 1,803 Posts

He does make alot of good points. I do my best to let my daughter know that she can come to me with anything. Sorry for your friends loss. There seems to be alot of kids these days that think the only solution they have is to kill themselves.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,098 Times in 7,789 Posts

Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    He does make alot of good points. I do my best to let my daughter know that she can come to me with anything. Sorry for your friends loss. There seems to be alot of kids these days that think the only solution they have is to kill themselves.
    Because its the NOW generation. They don't understand the concept of "the future." Now generation isn't about being spoiled and having to have it now; its about YOLO and those parties where everyone brings their script and throws them all in a bowl and you pick a few and swallow. No concept of the future. Of consequence. Someone will always fix their problems. And when that doesn't happen they're desolate.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,991 Times in 2,995 Posts

Great courage of him to post this especially after such a loss. Hope all is well with him. I hope he is not disrespected by the keyboard warriors he is referring to.

Thanks Pro

Thanks

Rest in Peace to his son