NYC Soda Ban

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
this is all a distraction made by the govt to keep your minds away from the important stuff like why the fuck are we still at war

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
this is all a distraction made by the govt to keep your minds away from the important stuff like why the fuck are we still at war

This is also a component ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Cashout

Reaction score
How about charging more for health insurance for fat, sloppy, folks with issues that are SELF-INFLICTED! We do this with tobacco already.

If you demonstrate no regard for your health and well-being, the rest of us should not have to bear your burden.

Drink up, eat up, and pay up if you are a fat tub of goo.

Your insurance premiums should be 1000% higher.

This argument that "people don't know what is 'unhealthy'" is pure crap.

If they truly don't know that soda and high fat foods, and all the other things are not healthy they are too dumb to be allow to procreate.

Take responsibility for your own actions or be penalized.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Personal Freedom
Accountability
Distraction

It's all there folks, it's call Government Control no matter how you slice it.

Like on guy pointed out........what is next........pancakes?

trim

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
accountability? that sounds racist some how! (sarcasm of course)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How about charging more for health insurance for fat, sloppy, folks with issues that are SELF-INFLICTED! We do this with tobacco already.

If you demonstrate no regard for your health and well-being, the rest of us should not have to bear your burden.

If they truly don't know that soda and high fat foods, and all the other things are not healthy they are too dumb to be allow to procreate.

I think this may be closer than we think (so long as Obamacare gets turned around).

The reason I say this is that my last two insurance plans have offered direct monetary incentives to be healthy.

I get paid $250 per year for going to the gym 75 times per calendar year for example.

They also offer deep discounts on smoking cessation products like the patch. A prescription for chantix (a drug used to stop smoking) has no co-pay.

Stress management is what they are working on presently. So far they offer yoga an meditation classes at my office once per week at no cost.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah Soda is bad for you, I don't it drink, nor do my kids, by choice. But don't let the government predicate whats bad for you, then in the same breath tell us the genetically modified foods is good for you.

Cashout

Reaction score
Mine does as well - $300 per year and it requires an annual fitness assessment for each adult family member covered by the plan. It requires lipid profile, BP, body fat, and stress test as well as penalties for smoking.

They have components of the plan to facilitate better health as well - 'stop using tobacco support,' diet assessment and consulting, fitness plans and access to state-of-the-art university fitness facilities.

I think this may be closer than we think (so long as Obamacare gets turned around).

The reason I say this is that my last two insurance plans have offered direct monetary incentives to be healthy.

I get paid $250 per year for going to the gym 75 times per calendar year for example.

They also offer deep discounts on smoking cessation products like the patch. A prescription for chantix (a drug used to stop smoking) has no co-pay.

Stress management is what they are working on presently. So far they offer yoga an meditation classes at my office once per week at no cost.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
So we have to do this with every product
Then? Candy bars, donuts, candy, table
Sugar, hot dogs , big Mack's or else the
Morons won't understand and get the point?
When I went to school gym class was
Mandatory. So was health class.
How about they just educate the children
Properly in school with a good health
And nutrition class and make that mandatory

Nope, the soda alone will spark other peoples interest, hopefully letting them become more aware of other junk foods.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nope, the soda alone will spark other peoples interest, hopefully letting them become more aware of other junk foods.
Interesting..... You mean there hasn't
Been enough done already to make
People aware of junk food that it takes
A ban to do that?
Geez I'd think their first clue might be
The needle rising on the scale.

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

None of this matters as long as anyone who doesn't have insurance can walk into a hospital and be treated. And as long as anyone with no income will get free healthcare from their state or federal government, which often times is better and more comprehensive than the healthcare most people pay for.

The problem with privatized healthcare is that you can't have it both ways. You can't say, "OK, everyone will pay for their own insurance, and possible pay based on their health", but then turn around and say "Oh, but if you don't have health insurance or income just come on in and get top quality treatment for free"

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
but then they get health problems, burden the health care system with all their treatments, and then end up on disability, and suck up all those dollars. then finally, you go to walmart and they take up all the electric carts, riding up and down the isles knocking over boxes of CoCoa Puffs while their fat pig kids pick their noses and spill Kool Aide down thier clothes, and whine and cry in line because they want a big mac, but mom tells them they have to hurry up and eat the box of cocoa puffs cuz she doesn't want to pay for it.......

bingo.. well said brother..

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
At some point there will be a time where the shit is going to hit the fan. What will happen when we can no longer afford to support people that will not work and support their family. There is going to be a real problem when this happens & it's coming.

JAXNY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Mine does as well - $300 per year and it requires an annual fitness assessment for each adult family member covered by the plan. It requires lipid profile, BP, body fat, and stress test as well as penalties for smoking.

They have components of the plan to facilitate better health as well - 'stop using tobacco support,' diet assessment and consulting, fitness plans and access to state-of-the-art university fitness facilities.

Do they actually do the test on you Cash?
Or when you walk in the door and they
Take one look at you they say, fuck it and
just stamp PASS on Your papers.Lol

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Who do you know at the age of 10 that cares? At 10 your probably not worrying about how soda puts a layer of bloat or fat on your stomach. Hell at 35 if your drinking it, your probably not then either. It is an approach to do this to soda across the nation. It is also like "Special Awarness". People are going to read about the new law on yahoo and it is going to spread. It will open some eyes, and some won't even care. Not everyone grows up with responsible parents. And thats part of the problem here.

X2 but maybe instead of banning soda they can putt an age limit for buying soda, or warning labels on it to inform the public.. They don't need to ban something to stop people from using it, if meth became legal tomorrow would you run out to buy some.. by putting an age limit on soda the children of the new generation wouldn't be in the habit of drinking it therefore would not drink it in the future or pass the bad habit on to there kids, but by the government attempting to abruptly take it away like this they are going to be pissing the current generation off, everyone will stand up for there rights and will get this thrown out, instead they should attempt at warning labels on all soda, then move towards an age limit. This ban really pisses me off, who are the government to tell us whats right or wrong? this is our lives to control not theirs and like many of you have said there are bigger issues to deal with. ban above 16oz of alcohol before soda :s but no.. because that's something that the government makes money off of.. which just goes to show they don't actually care about our health, its really just money in the end... BTW Canadian here haha but still have my opinion on the matter, and we say pop not soda :p

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
FUCK BLOOMBERG or anyone else who wants to take away my liberty and play mommy and daddy to me. It doesn't matter if it's soda, guns, or pop-rocks.

I'm a grown ass man dammit to hell.

Vette

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
FUCK BLOOMBERG or anyone else who wants to take away my liberty and play mommy and daddy to me. It doesn't matter if it's soda, guns, or pop-rocks.

I'm a grown ass man dammit to hell.

Vette

One of the only 3 points here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
....I've been tempted to try this tea thing.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nyc is lucky im not some big fat fuck or I would raise hell!