Testosterone supplement lowers female voice after three months

SHINE

Elite
Reaction score
Not that any of you ladies will inject 200mg of test E at one time but interesting link I came across.

Androgen use leads to a heavier larynx [see below] and a deeper voice, and the effect is even more pronounced in women. Never before have researchers monitored the lowering of a female voice as a result of taking male hormones as closely as Edward Damrose did at Stanford University Medical Center.

Damrose, an ear-nose-and-throat doctor, gave a 33 year-old semi-professional female singer a fortnightly injection containing 200 mg of testosterone enanthate, and monitored her voice changes for a year.

The singer, who worked as a lawyer, was undergoing a sex change.
Good article , reason for women to stick with the shorter esters like test prop and lower doses with shorter cycles to keep negative sides *Virilization* away.

A shorter ester like Test Prop would of been more relevant for women in the sport of bodybuilding , (obviously different purpose and target audience for the subject of this study but it is a good find none the less ).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18456442

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmm very interesting shine. Thanks bro.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not that any of you ladies will inject 200mg of test E at one time but interesting link I came across.

Androgen use leads to a heavier larynx [see below] and a deeper voice, and the effect is even more pronounced in women. Never before have researchers monitored the lowering of a female voice as a result of taking male hormones as closely as Edward Damrose did at Stanford University Medical Center.

Damrose, an ear-nose-and-throat doctor, gave a 33 year-old semi-professional female singer a fortnightly injection containing 200 mg of testosterone enanthate, and monitored her voice changes for a year.

The singer, who worked as a lawyer, was undergoing a sex change.
Good article , reason for women to stick with the shorter esters like test prop and lower doses with shorter cycles to keep negative sides *Virilization* away.

A shorter ester like Test Prop would of been more relevant for women in the sport of bodybuilding , (obviously different purpose and target audience for the subject of this study but it is a good find none the less ).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18456442

Hmmm....injecting testosterone makes you manly? I'll be damn!

AliCat

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
I can attest to that. After one year, I think my voice is deeper, even though I'm the only one who thinks so.

Deidre

Lady Member
Reaction score
Looking into this, some of these side effects do concern me. My question is if you want to stop after a certain timeframe, will any of these side effects be permanent? I could live with some 'changes' if it were short term, but it's long term I wonder over. Any feedback would be great.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking into this, some of these side effects do concern me. My question is if you want to stop after a certain timeframe, will any of these side effects be permanent? I could live with some 'changes' if it were short term, but it's long term I wonder over. Any feedback would be great.

Some are permanent some are not. Hair growth, sex drive, and to a degree clitoral enlargement. The voice may soften somewhat but not entirely if you experience a change.

Deidre

Lady Member
Reaction score
Some are permanent some are not. Hair growth, sex drive, and to a degree clitoral enlargement. The voice may soften somewhat but not entirely if you experience a change.

Some sides I'd be okay with lol but, that's interesting that using it for a specific timeframe would cause (potentially) lasting (negative) side effects. I guess with all things, there are risks involved, better to know them going in. Thanks for the feedback.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

This is not entirely true, there are many factors involved :) Of course someday I might find out if my voice will go back , I'm just not off long enough lol I would assume if you are taking pretty high doses then this could be the case but doing conservative doses it would be less likely to happen. :)

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Some may recover their voice but most probably won't or will only soften a bit after discontinuation.

“Care must be taken to monitor the voice during all AAS intake, as changes are often easily generated. Immediately discontinuing anabolic/androgenic steroids may reduce the severity of symptoms, although some changes are likely to persist. Anabolic/androgenic steroid use may, likewise, permanently alter vocal physiology in females.”

Excerpt From: Llewellyn, William. “Anabolics.”

New Threads