Muscle shirts & Wife beaters

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Where do you buy yours?

So here's the deal, I've got a few that are older than a lot of you young bucks. It's time to replace them. I asked the ol lady to pick some wife beater undershirts from Wally World, she brought home 2X that go all the way down to my knees. After I asked her to take them back I said screw it ill go to Academy and buy some.....they don't carry them. WFT! You got three hundred versions of stretchy shirts that I see fat guys wearing at the gym (I call those guys sausage links) and not one damn wife beater!?!?

Looking for a little direction here.....yes, I fully expect links to gay guys in muscle shirts and fat guys in wife beaters. I'm hoping one of my good brothers will provide the hook-up

Thanks,
Grind

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can't find the damn things anywhere.

Braw16

Reaction score
The thing with those I buy xl and they are so long until I wash them they shrink a ton it sounds like they would be fine. I get mine a target try to go online DF target has good deals on wife beaters.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn Big Shirt Hip-Hop BS.

Same here, I get the top to fit and the rest is like a damn skirt.

They say styles change and repeat..........hurry and change back for gawds sake!

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
#1 Dont throw away the tattered old beaters... you keep them till they look like youve wrapped yourself in dental floss... why? Badge of honor... you have to work to get them that way. I have a whole drawer.

im surprised your wally world doesn't have any (home of the actual wife beater)

Jockey used to make some decent ones (you can order their shit online if you want) but most department stores should carry your basic beater.

They call them A-Shirts in the stores if that helps any...

mistah187

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
They need to b long so they can tuck them in their pants around their knees

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Muscle shirts & Wife beaters

Costco..........

Cashout

Reaction score
I have three from Banana Republic. I got them last Christmas. One of my relatives gave me a BR gift card and bought a tie and a pair of pants at the factory outlet so I used the rest to get a 3 pack of beaters - great fit and all in black!

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
you can find them anywhere around here. Walmart, meijers, JC Penny's. I get the 2xl fit pretty good.

I just picked my girlfriend up one from Spencers, it's a white wife beater but it says "husband beater" on it. she loves it!!

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
They tend to change a little after washing, mine are always way too long, but after you wash em they're normal

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad to know I'm not the only one still wearing them. They looked at me like a freak when I asked where there were at Academy. I'll try the Jockey brand. It's hard for me to believe that they will shrink up enough to not look like a moo moo. Screw it ill buy another pack of 2 XL from Whally world and try washing them. I'm thinking if they do shrink that much the straps will be cutting my nipples. The 2X are pretty tight up top unwashed.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Target. I like the Jordan tanks tops personally. They're expensive but I've had mine for almost 4 years and they havent faded a bit. They also fit better.

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wal mart here. Most of mine are tshirts with sleeves cut off. I keep it redneck

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
no better place then dirty jersey for guido muscle shirts

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing Haynes perfect fit tee shirts with sleeves. They come in grey and black, and the sleeves are tight around your arm. They do shrink alot

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do you mean A-tops (wife beaters) or Tank tops?
As far as A-tops go you get what you pay for. Hanes/Fruit of the loom both shrink. ( the first and second wash/dry)

Tank tops? personal preference($$$) because everybody makes them.

& just to keep it real here since I listen to the music.
Over-sized clothes hasn't been the fad in hip-hop for (7-8)YEARS (nor was it always the fad anyways) !!!!
The younger muthafuckas wear skinny jeans & mohawks and shit. Everybody else = designer high price clothing.
The ONLY people I see around wearing oversized clothes are blue collar workers and white kids trying to be black.
YMMV!

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good to know someone is "keepin it real"

Do you mean A-tops (wife beaters) or Tank tops?
As far as A-tops go you get what you pay for. Hanes/Fruit of the loom both shrink. ( the first and second wash/dry)

Tank tops? personal preference($$$) because everybody makes them.

& just to keep it real here since I listen to the music.
Over-sized clothes hasn't been the fad in hip-hop for (7-8)YEARS (nor was it always the fad anyways) !!!!
The younger muthafuckas wear skinny jeans & mohawks and shit. Everybody else = designer high price clothing.
The ONLY people I see around wearing oversized clothes are blue collar workers and white kids trying to be black.
YMMV!

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I grab mine too at Wally World or Target, and buy bigger and just shrink down.....