Thanks

Second cycle: dbol & test-e

Wanted to throw my nascent plans for a second cycle out there. Comments welcome and appreciated.

Goals: Strength and mass, in that order. Don't care too much about cut, will save that for post-PCT recharging.

Cycle Plan: Optimally starting sometime mid-April, bloodwork permitting.

• Weeks 1-4 Dbol 40mg ed
    • Weeks 1-12 Test-E 500mg ew (2 doses)
    • Weeks 1-12 Adex .5 ew (2 doses)
    • Weeks 15-18 (PCT) Nolva 40/40/20/20 Clomid 100/100/50/50

Doing more research about HCG, weighting the possible benefits / figuring out what an appropriate dosage would be. I plan to supplement with caber .5mg 2x/week. I take adderall for legit medical reasons, which isn't important except it means I need to keep a closer eye on my BP when introducing new things. Also, daily creatine and various other benign nutritional and mineral supplements, same as off-cycle.

Cycle History: First cycle was 500mg Test-E / week for 12 weeks. Test ended late Jan, ran PCT early Feb to early March. Lost about half (not all!) of on-cycle strength gains and most of the mass, definitely not helped by the choice to cut during PCT. Starting to climb back up the past couple weeks. Source was Pinn and I have doubts about its potency --- blood work suggested under-dosing by about half --- .

Diet: 3700 cal/day. Primarily tuna, steak, eggs, dairy, whey protein, vegetables, and I make various stews and curries at least every other day. Macronutrient balance around 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fats. Right now I split it into 4 meals: 1 pre-workout (11am), 2 in the middle (3pm, 7pm), and 1 after evening cardio/core/accessory work (11pm). As a pretty typical example, this is how things break down across meals for me tomorrow:
    Meal # Calories Protein Carbs Fats Description
    Meal 1 1150 85g 130g 32g Eggs, yogurt, PB&J, whey
    Meal 2 1050 110g 100g 22g Beef stew, ham sandwich, tuna, whey
    Meal 3 950 122g 32g 36g 8oz steak, milk, whey
    Meal 4 660 81g 55g 12g Chicken chili, milk, whey
    In terms of nutrient timing, I drink the whey (48g protein worth) PWO on the way out of the gym and eat when I get home about 15 mins later. (Full disclosure: I do go out drinking with buds about twice a week --- equivalent to 4-6 shots of alcohol, no carbs --- and I don't generally factor that into the calorie count. So there's a couple hundred more calories thrown in there occasionally.)

Workouts: I recently started a workout log on SI in the proper forum. In summary, I'm experimenting with a rather time-intensive push/pull split with a hypertrophy focus. It's going decently --- about 5 weeks in, still making incremental gains, no injuries. Going to give it another 4 weeks. During cycle, going to switch to 5/3/1, heavy on the accessory work.

Questions:
    • Has anyone experimented with a cyclical keto diet on-cycle? Has it been productive, or was it too cutting?
    • I used subq adex last time around, but it stung like a bitch and I'd like to try oral this time around. I'm a little concerned about stability of oral preparations, though. Anyone have good/bad experiences?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,361 Times in 1,803 Posts

Re: Second cycle: dbol & test-e

What are your current stats? I ask b/c the calories maybe a bit light for a good bulk. You can get AI caps from Manpower for your lab rats.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    What are your current stats? I ask b/c the calories maybe a bit light for a good bulk. You can get AI caps from Manpower for your lab rats.
    Thanks, I'll check that out. My rats will be super pleased.

I'm currently 29, 6'1", 195lbs. During first cycle, weight went up to 200 on around 3500 cal/day. Immediately after and during PCT, did cyclical keto at 3200 cal/day for about five weeks and dropped down to 185, bf probably went from ~15% to ~10% (no exact measures, but went from no abs to abs and some quad striations). A good portion of that was probably water weight though, realistically.

Heaviest I've been is 210 (a few years ago), and that was at the tail end of a bulk where I was eating about 4500 cal/day for about six weeks. Eating felt like it was my part-time job, though.

My metabolism is quick --- daily adderall contributes to this --- BMR last estimated at around 2700 last June, based on known caloric intake and stable body mass over time during a complete deloading break. When I'm lifting (which is basically always) anything around 3200/day keeps my mass hovering just above 190.

[I should add that literally nobody (else) I know IRL lifts regularly, to say nothing of constructing a proper bulking diet, so I'm basically just reading online and guessing and sticking with things when they work for me. So it's always helpful to hear others' experiences.]

Thanks
    Thanked 8,360 Times in 4,481 Posts

Originally Posted by dj920 View Post
    Thanks, I'll check that out. My rats will be super pleased.

I'm currently 29, 6'1", 195lbs. During first cycle, weight went up to 200 on around 3500 cal/day. Immediately after and during PCT, did cyclical keto at 3200 cal/day for about five weeks and dropped down to 185, bf probably went from ~15% to ~10% (no exact measures, but went from no abs to abs and some quad striations). A good portion of that was probably water weight though, realistically.

Heaviest I've been is 210 (a few years ago), and that was at the tail end of a bulk where I was eating about 4500 cal/day for about six weeks. Eating felt like it was my part-time job, though.

My metabolism is quick --- daily adderall contributes to this --- BMR last estimated at around 2700 last June, based on known caloric intake and stable body mass over time during a complete deloading break. When I'm lifting (which is basically always) anything around 3200/day keeps my mass hovering just above 190.

[I should add that literally nobody (else) I know IRL lifts regularly, to say nothing of constructing a proper bulking diet, so I'm basically just reading online and guessing and sticking with things when they work for me. So it's always helpful to hear others' experiences.]
    no need to use the word rats around here...I eat my AI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 706 Posts

Love me some adderall...killed legs today

sorry off topic..

back to OP