Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 4,910 Posts

Food Allergies...bloody hell...

Cheers, all.

For reasons unclear, over the past six weeks I've picked-up what appear to be some rather severe food allergies. This condition first manifested when I began encountering some stomach upset after my pre-workout meal of egg whites and oats. For perspective, this has been my go-to pre-workout meal for several years and I've not had any issues nor have I changed-up anything in the ingredients.

I switched to whey protein in my pre-workout mix (I also take a whey protein shake post workout) and was good for about a week...until I suddenly began encountering the same upset from the whey...the coup de grace came for me when I nearly doubled-over on the job site (and subsequently had to spend much of my shift running back and forth to the loo) after I tried to substitute greek yogurt in the same macros. Same results: severe stomach cramping, explosive diarrhea, the works.

In summary: bad juju in response to all of the following...

* Eggs / Egg whites
    * Whey protein
    * Greek yogurt

I'm presently experimenting with hemp protein - literally drinking in my coffee as I type this - and so far, so good. A bit chalky, but so long as it doesn't destroy my stomach I'll deal with it.

I'd hear from anyone else with any experience with this sort of thing (eg. sudden onset food allergies) and how they treated it along with what dietary changes had the most impact.

Cheers,

- Savage

Thanks

Re: Food Allergies...bloody hell...

The only thing I noticed if I eat alot of egg whites for several days I shit loose:0 so I started to mix up days where I have a shake instead.
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

savage.
    were you on orals at any point? I ask because I know personal friends who really ****ed up their stomachs with orals.

sometimes a break from everything and eating healthier foods help. our bodies react to the poison we consume

Thanks

Originally Posted by sparticus View Post
    savage.
    were you on orals at any point? I ask because I know personal friends who really ****ed up their stomachs with orals.

sometimes a break from everything and eating healthier foods help. our bodies react to the poison we consume
    None, Mate. Am cruising at present, low dose of Test and a low dose of Mast is all. I tend to skip away from orals as I'm a bit older than some (40-something) and get overly concerned about my liver & kidneys. My diet is actually very clean (I roll with Sponge) and no real changes (eg. a large bout of Indian food or the like) which I can point to that could have brought this on.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Jada View Post
    The only thing I noticed if I eat alot of egg whites for several days I shit loose:0 so I started to mix up days where I have a shake instead.
    Thanks, Bro. I had been hitting the eggs pre-workout and the whey post-workout but now it seems my guts rebel against both of 'em. Got dammit...I love my dairy...this is bullocks...

Thanks

thanks for the reply.
    im out of ideas.

maybe a bad batch of eggs in your area?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,115 Times in 4,363 Posts

i support hemp protein

Thanks
    Thanked 4,364 Times in 2,152 Posts

I changed one of my suppliment suppliers and it mess with me for a while till I figured it out. Just a thought it might not be what you are eating, but the food(any food) is reacting to something already in there. Does that make sence?
    traps are the new abs.

Thanks

Might be lactose intolerance.

Thanks

Pea protein. Look for legumes as well. This is perplexing and troubling. I cannot imagine hitting my protein macros without greek yogurt, Egg whites or whey.

You COULD possibly have picked up a stomach bug and protein (the hardest to digest) is being affected the most. That would be GOOD news.... please keep us posted.

Much Respect,
    Vette
    Hung like Einstein and Smart as a Mule.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Big Worm View Post
    Might be lactose intolerance.
    I thought this as well. Tried an OTC lactose supplement, no love May be the supp takes time to accumulate in the body. Will keep up with the supp.

Originally Posted by 63Vette View Post
    Pea protein. Look for legumes as well. This is perplexing and troubling. I cannot imagine hitting my protein macros without greek yogurt, Egg whites or whey.

You COULD possibly have picked up a stomach bug and protein (the hardest to digest) is being affected the most. That would be GOOD news.... please keep us posted.

Much Respect,
    Vette
    Thanks, Vette. I'll look into pea protein as well. Agreed, I'd be pleased if this was just a bloody stomach bug and I'm feeling it mostly as a result of protein being toughest to digest. Concern is the length of time it's hung-on. I'd think a bug would have died-out by now. Could be a tough bastard I suppose. Will keep this thread updated.

Thanks

I added a link to my original post Noble. Pea protein is becoming widely available and affordable and it has some advantages over your typical animal based proteins as well.

Google it and read up on it, I am considering adding it to my diet.

Best of luck brother!

Much Respect,
    Vette

Thanks
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by NbleSavage View Post
    I thought this as well. Tried an OTC lactose supplement, no love May be the supp takes time to accumulate in the body. Will keep up with the supp.

Thanks, Vette. I'll look into pea protein as well. Agreed, I'd be pleased if this was just a bloody stomach bug and I'm feeling it mostly as a result of protein being toughest to digest. Concern is the length of time it's hung-on. I'd think a bug would have died-out by now. Could be a tough bastard I suppose. Will keep this thread updated.

^^^ I agree with Vette on the a potential bug. I am in the healthcare industry brother, and the duration of some of these bugs this year are far surpassing 4-6weeks to kick sometimes. If really concerned, just go and get tested to see if you have a food allergy...

Thanks

Originally Posted by AlphaD View Post
    ^^^ I agree with Vette on the a potential bug. I am in the healthcare industry brother, and the duration of some of these bugs this year are far surpassing 4-6weeks to kick sometimes. If really concerned, just go and get tested to see if you have a food allergy...
    Thanks Mate. I'd be pleased if this turns out to be a bug as I can then get back to normal programming with my diet. I may seek to get a test at some point if this prolongs. Cheers!

Thanks

Originally Posted by 63Vette View Post
    I added a link to my original post Noble. Pea protein is becoming widely available and affordable and it has some advantages over your typical animal based proteins as well.

Google it and read up on it, I am considering adding it to my diet.

Best of luck brother!

Much Respect,
    Vette
    I've ordered a batch - thanks Vette!

Thanks

Bro, if you have insurance you can get your Dr. to run a food allergy test called Alcat. That test is the bomb and our clinic uses it all the time. If no insurance, it is expensive as hell. I had it ran and it breaks down your allergies from Slight, moderate and high. My top one that I have allergy to is broccoli, which I hate anyways. It will tell you the foods that your system has a problem with as well as chemicals and medications.

Thanks

Originally Posted by AlphaD View Post
    I actually wrote a thread about the bug I got this year. NEVER had anything like it and it sounds pretty similar to what Noble is describing actually. It ended up costing me 30 lbs. I was dehydrated and eating my own muscle. Had no appetite whatsoever and I am just getting back to 'normal' 6 weeks later.

I hope it passes whatever it is. We don't have a shitload of variety in this game but taking out whey, Greek yogurt, egg whites..... that would suck.

We are with you bro. Keep us informed.

Much Respect,
    Vette

Thanks

Food Allergies...bloody hell...

Yeah could be a food intolerance as opposed to an allergy that ur body may have assumed due to eating or drinking the same things over and over again and again,

I was intolerant to eggs, milk, peanut butter for a very long time like 3-4 years, everytime id even smell that stuff id almost puke! After that time frame i started re introducing them into my diet at small quantities 1 at a time, until o was g2g!!

There was a story about a guy who had gotten deathly sick and the doctors had tried everything, finally the asked him about his diet and what he ate daily, well come to find out he had been eating some sort of bran for nearly 20+ uears every day in some aspect, they took that crap literally out of his diet and he was g2g and healthier after they removed it, he had aquired a food tolerance and was not aware of it!!

ALWAYS GOOD TO CYCLE THE FOODS WE EAT! MONTH TO MONTH OR how ever u can!!
    "I think I'm gonna try to do a barrel role, and if that goes good, I'm just gonna nose down and call it a night"

"Nahh....I'm a white Guy"

Muther Fawken RICH -RIP BIG BALLS

Thanks

Originally Posted by brown1106 View Post
    Bro, if you have insurance you can get your Dr. to run a food allergy test called Alcat. That test is the bomb and our clinic uses it all the time. If no insurance, it is expensive as hell. I had it ran and it breaks down your allergies from Slight, moderate and high. My top one that I have allergy to is broccoli, which I hate anyways. It will tell you the foods that your system has a problem with as well as chemicals and medications.
    Do have insurance. Not great, but might take some of the sting out of such a test. Thanks Mate!! Great add!

Thanks

Ran today with no dairy and no eggs. Felt *MUCH* better. Sub'd in hemp protein this morning in my post workout shake. It's not as concentrated as whey (had to chug down close to 60 grams of powder) but no painful side effects either.

Per Vette's suggestion, I've got 8 lbs of pea protein powder en route in an effort to keep hitting my protein macros. I found it for cheap here in case anyone else is looking

Making progress!

- Savage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast