Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Senior Member DADAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    high school bench record video


  2. #2
    Elite TheLupinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Top of the food chain
    Posts
    2,314
    Thanks
    676
    Thanked 1,007 Times in 550 Posts

    Re: high school bench record videa

    That's intense
    I <3 My Source

  3. #3
    Elite LeanHerm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,426
    Thanks
    1,337
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,185 Posts

    Re: high school bench record videa

    Df beat you too it old timer. Lol

  4. #4
    Banned Tilltheend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Re: high school bench record videa

    That guy is strong!

  5. #5
    Senior Moderator NbleSavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    10,974
    Thanks
    19,279
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 4,910 Posts

    Re: high school bench record videa

    Straight Beast.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: high school bench record videa

    That is amazing!

    In the past 20 years, if I had a nickle for every time I had some father, coach, or whomever tell me that they know a high school kid who can bench 500 pounds I'd be...well...you get the point.

    I've only seen it done 3 times and that video makes it 4.

    As an aside, I would hate to be that kid's shoulders in a few years after watching that lift.

  7. #7
    Senior Member SAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the gym.
    Posts
    854
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 194 Times in 80 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    The article compares this kid's strength to the max bench presses of NFL players. Raw vs. equipped? BIG ****ing difference. Still a great lift for this kid, but people need to understand the difference between raw and equipped. My guess is this kid benches in the low 400s, if that, raw.
    Conquer yourself through wise experimentation.

  8. #8
    Elite DarksideSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 422 Times in 215 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    holly balls!! he blew it up pretty well too!
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    660
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    Originally Posted by SAD View Post
    The article compares this kid's strength to the max bench presses of NFL players. Raw vs. equipped? BIG ****ing difference. Still a great lift for this kid, but people need to understand the difference between raw and equipped. My guess is this kid benches in the low 400s, if that, raw.
    So you are saying that equipment can add almost 300 pounds?

    What type of equipment would provide that type of mechanical advantage and if that is the case then what is the point of allowing that type of equipment in a meet?

  10. #10
    Elite Big Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks
    492
    Thanked 921 Times in 411 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    Originally Posted by SAD View Post
    The article compares this kid's strength to the max bench presses of NFL players. Raw vs. equipped? BIG ****ing difference. Still a great lift for this kid, but people need to understand the difference between raw and equipped. My guess is this kid benches in the low 400s, if that, raw.

    I was thinking the exact same thing.

  11. #11
    Elite DarksideSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,662
    Thanks
    392
    Thanked 422 Times in 215 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    a bench shirt wont add that much, maybe 50-60lbs.
    "Whatever life throws at you, put it on the bar and press it"

  12. #12
    Elite Big Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,379
    Thanks
    492
    Thanked 921 Times in 411 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    Originally Posted by DarksideSix View Post
    a bench shirt wont add that much, maybe 50-60lbs.
    Bull shit...

  13. #13
    Senior Member SAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the gym.
    Posts
    854
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 194 Times in 80 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    Originally Posted by Cashout View Post
    So you are saying that equipment can add almost 300 pounds?

    What type of equipment would provide that type of mechanical advantage and if that is the case then what is the point of allowing that type of equipment in a meet?
    Absolutely. I'm not taking anything away from geared lifters at all. It is a skill to be able to maximize the advantage, but you absolutely cannot compare geared to raw.

    You can use it in competition against other geared lifters, but not against raw. Two different disciplines within the same sport.

    Darkside, a good single ply with proper form can add over 150. A multiply adds significantly more. I have a slingshot (google it) which is a stepping stone to single ply, and it adds 50-60 pounds to my bench, easy.
    Conquer yourself through wise experimentation.

  14. #14
    Elite Jada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,308
    Thanks
    2,422
    Thanked 788 Times in 600 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    Damn I can't c the video!!!!
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

  15. #15
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    50-60 lbs out of a shirt? haha. one of my buddies benched 600 at his last meet in his shirt. tried 405 raw last monday at the gym and missed it. some people are just really good with gear. however, that doesn't mean everyone is just going to throw on gear and instantly add 200 pounds to their max. i've been around quiet a bit of geared lifting and by all means you have to know what the hell you're doing and train it a lot. i respect it, but also prefer going as far as i can raw.

  16. #16
    Senior Member DADAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    the amount of weight that lifters get out of their shirts is deceiving. todays lifters who compete train useing their equipment and concentrate most of their efforts on the upper half of their lift. that means the lower / bottom of their press is neglected so when they do lift raw its a pretty big difference . most of them basically dont even care what they benh raw only what they can lockout in equipment , IF IF IF they trained the bottom end of their lift equally then the difference between their raw VS bench shirt press would be a lot closer to the same.

  17. #17
    Senior Member SAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the gym.
    Posts
    854
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 194 Times in 80 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    Originally Posted by DADAWG View Post
    the amount of weight that lifters get out of their shirts is deceiving. todays lifters who compete train useing their equipment and concentrate most of their efforts on the upper half of their lift. that means the lower / bottom of their press is neglected so when they do lift raw its a pretty big difference . most of them basically dont even care what they benh raw only what they can lockout in equipment , IF IF IF they trained the bottom end of their lift equally then the difference between their raw VS bench shirt press would be a lot closer to the same.
    I get what you're saying, but it's just not how it works. If that were the case, you'd see more guys benching in the 700s raw, but there are only a couple ever to do so. Whereas shirted benchers who hit over 900 are numbered in the dozens. What you're missing in your equation is the speed that is built up by the shirt in the lower half of the movement. This speed is impossible to duplicate with super heavy raw benching, and therefore the lockout portion is that much more difficult.

    The fact is, these guys benching 1000 in a multiply shirt are very likely some of the best raw benchers in the world, but the difference between the two lifts is still hundreds of pounds.
    Conquer yourself through wise experimentation.

  18. #18
    Senior Member DADAWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    417
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    Originally Posted by SAD View Post
    I get what you're saying, but it's just not how it works. If that were the case, you'd see more guys benching in the 700s raw, but there are only a couple ever to do so. Whereas shirted benchers who hit over 900 are numbered in the dozens. What you're missing in your equation is the speed that is built up by the shirt in the lower half of the movement. This speed is impossible to duplicate with super heavy raw benching, and therefore the lockout portion is that much more difficult.

    The fact is, these guys benching 1000 in a multiply shirt are very likely some of the best raw benchers in the world, but the difference between the two lifts is still hundreds of pounds.
    there are guys like mendelson who can bench a house raw but never quite master the use of the shirt as well as some of the other guys who cant touch mendelsons raw bench. theres more to it than that.

  19. #19
    Elite heavydeads83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    2,148
    Thanks
    1,266
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    Originally Posted by DADAWG View Post
    there are guys like mendelson who can bench a house raw but never quite master the use of the shirt as well as some of the other guys who cant touch mendelsons raw bench. theres more to it than that.
    there's very few raw lifters you can say that about though. there are a lot more guys that bench 700+ in a shirt than raw.

  20. #20
    Palestinean Prophet Yaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wally World
    Posts
    7,228
    Thanks
    1,217
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,189 Posts

    Re: high school bench record video

    **** is strong, bench suit never counts though
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

    Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

    DONALD TRUMP 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Old school in a new school.
    By snake in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 02:49 PM
  2. if u dont have a car after high school u cant do anything
    By Kevlin in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-14-2013, 03:18 PM
  3. PFM a.k.a. "The Truth" in his high school years
    By Georgia in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 04:43 PM
  4. Eric Spoto World Record (raw) Bench 722lbs!
    By JOMO in forum Powerlifting News and World Records
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 06:12 PM
  5. High School Sr 700lb Bench??
    By DF in forum Powerlifting News and World Records
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •