Elite
    Thanks

no water weight?

i was wondering how come it seems that i don't gain any water weight? on my first blast of 500mg/test and var. (ran for 20 weeks) I got up to 172 by the end of it and after I was off, I never lost a single pound. I gained 10 lbs. and kept all.

Now, I started NPP/TPP (450/650) about 5 weeks ago and I've been at 172 lbs. since then. I've not gained a single pound or put on any weight so far. How come I don't at least put on water weight? I dont even drink a ton of water, I drink about 3 liters a day, sometimes a little less but, I try for 3L at least even though I know it should be a gallon minimum. I do take an AI but, even recently my E2 was 92 but, didn't seem to bloat me or put on any water weight.

I just started dbol this monday so we'll see, if I don't put on water weight or bloat up on that, then something must be wrong with me lol

also just to be clear, I am seeing gains since I started the NPP/TPP even though the scale isn't moving but, I'm just going by the mirror now. I'm just wondering how come I don't put on any water weight.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,789 Posts

Re: no water weight?

Your estrogen is probably under control if your not having bloat. That number of 92 really isn't bad considering you were on cycle. We shall see what effect the Dbol has as far as the water retention.

Thanks

No offense.. but you ran var / test for 20 weeks and only gained 10 lbs? Am I reading this correctly? And you weigh 172.. ? No offense bro, but unless you're 5'2" taking steroids at your level doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Thanks

you are NOT eating enough for starters. bloat is low because estrogen isnt that bad. bloat is also effected by sodium intake and water intake.

Thanks

No clue why you're not bloating. But if you haven't gained any weight, you are under eating. Plain and simple.
    Also, my e2 hit 400+ due to bunk asin and I was carrying next to no extra water. Everyone is different...

Thanks

The compounds only give you an advantage. The diet is what's gonna make you grow. At 172 lbs you should be taking in some serious calories each day to maximize the compounds you're currently on. Especially with a Test/Deca/Dbol cycle. That's obviously a bulk and you're gonna need to eat like a champ.

If the dbol doesn't put on some weight you probably need to seriously look at either your diet or your source.
    Whoever said laughter is the best medicine Hasn't tried HGH...

Elite
    Thanks

I didnt run the var for 20 weeks, just the test first 10 weeks was 400mg/wk, and var was 7 weeks and yes I gained 10 lbs. from that blast. I feel like I'm eating enough but, just a hard gainer. I know you've heard that before. However, I eat 6 times a day, I feel like I'm stuffing myself and I'm always full since I'm eating every 2-3 hrs. I'm eating about 3000 clean calories, that should be enough for my current weight. I've been eating this much every day since February 2012. I was with 3J first, then Spongy. I spend about $200 a week on food. I don't think I can eat any more than I am now, and if I am supposed to eat more, I just don't think that is something I can do, and if I can't gain any more then **** it, I don't think I can eat any more than I am at the moment.

Ever since I started getting into fitness, I have never had a shitty diet. I occasionally cheat like most but, overall since I started my diet is never completely off. I know some people post on here sometimes about they haven't been following their diet, or they let it slip because of holidays, or talking about eating pies, and candy etc. I never do any of that. I'm pretty sure I am more dedicated to a clean diet over long-term than some people. Maybe I'm just a hard gainer, and I'm eating too clean and need to look into dirty bulking, I don't know. I just can't bring myself to do it because it's not good for your health, lipids etc.

I can say for morning to night, every 2-3 hrs I'm eating, I probably shit 3 or 4 times a day.

My source isn't the issue, for my first blast I was using test and var from my TRT clinic so pharm grade so it's not that for sure. My actual weight wasn't what i wanted to discuss but, I shouldn't have mentioned it. Just wanted to ask about water weight. I admit I probably started too soon for my lack of experience in lifting, I started from being on TRT and didn't have any lifting experience before that. So, it could be that I'm gaining slow since I'm still learning how to train properly etc. so if my gains are no good after this blast, then I'll probably just stop blasting for some time and just stay on TRT dose and come back once I'm more experienced.

Thanks

im not here to argue with your diet experts but the bottom line is your not getting enough calories. you need to throw in more cheat/high calorie foods , just make sure your protein numbers are high enough and then its big macs and fries for the calories. note if you really eat that clean dont just suddenly over load your diet with fattening food or you will be shitting for a week.

Elite
    Thanks

Originally Posted by DADAWG View Post
    im not here to argue with your diet experts but the bottom line is your not getting enough calories. you need to throw in more cheat/high calorie foods , just make sure your protein numbers are high enough and then its big macs and fries for the calories. note if you really eat that clean dont just suddenly over load your diet with fattening food or you will be shitting for a week.
    I eat that clean now, didn't used to back then. I haven't had a big mac in more than a year, McDonalds fries, maybe once. If that's what will help me grow then that's what I need to do. I'll probably start with one cheat / high calorie meal a day and see how it goes. My protein numbers should be high enough, each of meals has 50+ g. of protein so I guess I'm having around 300g of protein a day, which for my weight I believe should be enough.

Thanks

yeah man.. I agree with Dawg.. 3000 calories isn't really a lot when trying to bulk anyways. If you have that fast of a metabolism might as well enjoy that shit foods while you're trying to put on size.

I wish I had your problem. When I'm real lean its cuz my diet is so clean I can't sleep at night. I have no problems gaining whatsoever. My problem is leaning out and staying lean.

Good luck. My suggestion for what it's worth is start eating a lot of complaex carbs(sweet potatoes, Oatmeal etc..) and keep your protein over 40 grams in each of your 6-7 meals.

Geez, I wish I could eat like that and stay lean... (
    Whoever said laughter is the best medicine Hasn't tried HGH...

Thanks

Eating too clean is a problem for hard gainers. I know first hand 30 years natty my gains were all calorie related to the burgers, fries and shakes washed down with pizza. Eat Big to grow!
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

Elite
    Thanks

Thanks for the advise. My intention wasn't to discuss my weight but, I'm glad now that it was brought up. Also glad that I was able to pick up this advise in the beginning of the blast. I have heard people here and there talk about dirty bulking but, I never really listened to it since I wasn't sure if they knew what they were talking about. This is the first time I've seen a vet say to eat big macs lol (i know for my case it's different) so that pretty much gave me the green light. I went to McDonalds already and got a big mac with large fries (no salt), looked up the nutrition info. I scarfed down 1000 calories in like under 5 minutes lol damn it's been a while lol I wouldn't make a bad habit though, I am concerned about my sodium intake with this type of food but, I guess I'll just have to drink a ton of water and deal with it for the time being. Once I'm not bulking I can start eating clean again I guess.

Though if I'm eating big macs etc. for the extra calories now, what's going to happen when I'm not bulking anymore. I can't continue to eat like that right? So, if my calories drop will my gains drop? Or maybe I will be eating enough clean maintenance calories?

Thanks

Add peanut butter to your shakes if you drink em. up the amount of eggs. Add in whole milk.
    Then tell me you can't get high cals.
    Bunch of slack-jawed fagg0ts around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

Thanks

Well if it aint bunk gear...

You need calories!

Elite
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Santaklaus View Post
    yeah man.. I agree with Dawg.. 3000 calories isn't really a lot when trying to bulk anyways.
    Actually I'm starting to see that now that I'm throwing in a cheat meal. I went to sonic and got a jalapeno double cheesburger - 1120 calories! lol with a large sweet potato tator tots of 520 calories. I had over 1500 calories in just one meal, and I wasnt even overly full or stuffed after. When I eat clean I gotta eat what feels like twice as much food at half the calories. I'm only on my 4th meal of the day and I'm already near 3000 calories. I don't know if I can cheat more than once a day though, it feels so wrong... but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do lol really though, I feel like I need to start cardio. I hope I don't get fat lol but, if I have a high metabolism and trouble putting on gains then it might not be an issue. All throughout growing up I ate whatever I wanted (junk / fast food all the time) and was always skinny, only time I put on weight and a beer belly was when I started drinking too much alcohol but, the food never made me fat.

I'm getting excited again to see what my gains will be like. For a while I just started getting depressed every time I would see the scale and it staying at the same weight. So, I just stopped looking at it, and started going by the mirror and I am still seeing changes though they might be slow so better than nothing but, hopefully now that I will step up my calories I hope I will see more results.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,789 Posts

I'd talk it over with Spongy User.

Elite
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Dfeaton View Post
    I'd talk it over with Spongy User.
    Good idea, I should send him an email. I don't think he's going to like what he hears though lol but, really I think this is my last option. I've tried clean bulking for more than a year, every day and with mediocre results. I know for sure I'm a hard gainer. I think it makes sense to have to resort to this as a last option to get in those extra calories. I am going to be careful, I'm going to watch my sodium levels, get regular blood tests, I'm going to start light cardio on off days. At worst I can try to increase my calories like this for a week or two, if I am still not gaining then something else is off and I'm not going to keep cheating if I don't see any results. Or if I seem like I'm getting fat or bloated or something, then I'll stop. Just want to try something new/different, I've been following the same method for so long, I guess it couldn't hurt too much just to see what happens in the short-term.

Thanks

Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    Eating too clean is a problem for hard gainers. I know first hand 30 years natty my gains were all calorie related to the burgers, fries and shakes washed down with pizza. Eat Big to grow!
    ^^Right there with ya brother! ^^Listen to this^^

Thanks

Eating "clean" should be reserved for cutting...

Ain't no bodybuilder got huge without fast food

Elite
    Thanks

Originally Posted by DADAWG View Post
    Just wanted to stop in to say thanks for that advise. While that cycle/blast was pathetic I never gained anything I started with 172 and ended with 172 lbs. and no water weight or nothing. I kept eating, I cheat big once a day sometimes twice but, usually it's once. I have an extra shake in the morning that I blend myself with pb, olive oil, milk and protein powder. Basically now, all I do is look at calories and try to get in as much as possible before when I was trying to be "clean" I would look at protein only and I would try to eat what's high in protein and low in calories/fat, I would watch sodium etc. but, now I don't pay attention to any of that, I just look at calories. During the day or night I'll have snacks here and there, usually in the evening with milk to gain some easy calories.

Well I ended that pathetic cycle in May and kept eating like this and starting in June I was back on my TRT dose and I've been steadily gaining regularly, today I weighed in at 186 lbs. in just a few months I've put on more weight than I have on my first blast. I feel like things are finally coming together or else I was pretty much going into depression it sucked not being able to gain. I'm going to get my BF tested next week to see where I'm at, I think my stomach might have grown a little bit but, that's expected and that's what cutting is for. Still when I first started gaining I had my BF tested and it dropped compared to my past test, so I think it's still continuing to drop probably because of my high metabolism.

I'm also monitoring my sodium and cholestrol since I was concerned about that from cheating but, everything is in range, sodium only went up one point but, will continue to monitor it incase it starts to build up or something, had my cholestrol results when I went to give blood and was within range.

It's really motivating and encouraging to be able to finally see results, my goal was 185 lbs. since I started last year and I've reached that goal but, I still feel small lol so I'm going to keep going and try to reach 200 and then cut.