Any Bow Hunters here??

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I got all three of my kids bow for Christmas and they realy enjoy shooting JOAD. My 10 year old daughter wants to go turkey hunting this spring and I am thinking about buying a bow for me. I am considering a Hoyt carbon element, and a Bowtech Insanity. I dont have any experience with either one just what the salesman says, so I am looking for input .

Thanks for taking your time to read,
S4L

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Has the price for the carbon element went down any? They are very nice but damn theyre expensive

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am finding used ones in the 6 to 900 area. Same withe the bow tech.

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I bought a used pse x force dream season around 2 years ago I've got about $600 in it with all accessories , I like the carbon element they are ulte lite, with almost no sound or vibration when you shoot, if there is an Hoyt dealer near you you may can go shoot one before you buy

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I bought my 10 year old daughter a Hoyt Ruckus from the local dealer and at the time I thought I wanted a bowtech, but I did some reading and I really like Hoyt. I guess my next question is what brand is the cream of the crop. My dealer sells Hoyt,Bowtech,and Mathews.
I work with heavy equipment and they all get the job done but CAT is the best, thats what I am looking for.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Freed bear has excellent bows for half the price of hoyt or Mathews. I just bought the freed bear mauler. I live that thing. Only $450 set up. Very fast and accurate.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a hoyt and a Mathews. But honestly my bear is just as good . I bought my wife a bear apprentice ll. She loves it. Idk. To each his own but if you don't want to spend to much bear is verygood

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I bow hunt....honestly, not by choice. I own land in an archery only county. Thank God they make crossbows ;)

I have a lot of respect for you guys that are real deal bow hunters. That shit is hardcore. I lack the confidence. I have a fear of wounding an animal. I also have a big mouth and have bragged my entire life about new having to track an animal....I can't risk eating crow now. Too many years invested in shit talking.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Where I live crossbows are legal for anyone to use so everyone changes to that. Not ole herm. I got a old ass now but it's accurate

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I bow hunt....honestly, not by choice. I own land in an archery only county. Thank God they make crossbows ;)

I have a lot of respect for you guys that are real deal bow hunters. That shit is hardcore. I lack the confidence. I have a fear of wounding an animal. I also have a big mouth and have bragged my entire life about new having to track an animal....I can't risk eating crow now. Too many years invested in shit talking.
So when are we gonna hunt on your land? I'm always up for travel.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey man, we need to talk next season. I got a bunch of white tail on my place. They are your typicsl little Texas dog deer, but i got em.
The only thing is; it will be kinda awkward for me given the fact that I've seen Mrs Wings breasts and all.....better leave her at home.

So when are we gonna hunt on your land? I'm always up for travel.

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have always liked Hoyt. Had lots of them . My last bow was a Bow tech. It was Ok but I never felt 100% with it. Sold it to my little bro. Now I'm yankin on a Black Widow recurve that I bought from a guy CHEAP. I think for the money, the Bear setups are hard to beat.

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey man, we need to talk next season. I got a bunch of white tail on my place. They are your typicsl little Texas dog deer, but i got em.
The only thing is; it will be kinda awkward for me given the fact that I've seen Mrs Wings breasts and all.....better leave her at home.

Lol. Hit me up brutha! I'm tired of hunting the little blacktail deer here. I want some mule or whitetail! But I will also take some brown tail Asian tail lol. Serious my bro hit me up. I love to bow hunt. Only thing I haven't got with bow is a piggy. But I will soon. All tbr land out here is private and these assholes charge $500 and up z day

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
They probably would bro. As pops you need to lead by example. Just my 2 cents

Words to live buy right there.
I usually do that with everything I do with my kids. I want my duaghters to have high standards. I try every day to not treat my son like my dad treated me.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a PSE that was fairly cheap.....I think PSE is one of the better bows for a decent price.....My current bow is a Browning Illusion, fucker is bad ass!

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not a hunter but IMO bow hunting is the only real hunting.
Shit man I can shoot a penny lol. Marine riffle expert!

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I can shoot the nutts off a fly at 600 yards with rifle. But try doing that with a bow. Lol won't happen

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Words to live buy right there.
I usually do that with everything I do with my kids. I want my duaghters to have high standards. I try every day to not treat my son like my dad treated me.

Brutha I have 5 daughters and they all think the world of me. As pops I have to be the strong wise one. I hope They will always compare any boyfriend they have to me.

New Threads