Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,383
    Thanks
    4,931
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,792 Posts

    UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Wow! this is just strange to me. The gvmnt going after the shipping co's as well as the pharmacies. What the hell next????


    ..UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe
    UPS agrees to 'forfeit' $40M collected from online pharmacies to end criminal probe
    By Paul Elias, Associated Press | Associated Press 48 mins ago....Email0Share3
    Share0Print......

    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Shipping company UPS has agreed to pay $40 million to end a federal criminal probe connected to its work for online pharmacies.

    The U.S. Department of Justice announced Friday that the Atlanta-based company would also "take steps" to block illicit online drug dealers from using their delivery service.

    The DOJ says the fine amount is the money UPS collected from suspect online pharmacies.

    UPS won't be charged with any crimes. Its biggest rival, FedEx Corp., has also been a target of the federal investigation.

    The investigation of the two companies stems from a global campaign to shutter illicit online pharmacies launched in 2005. Since then, dozens of arrests have been made and thousands of websites closed worldwide as investigators continue to broaden the probe beyond the operators.

    Here's the link http://news.yahoo.com/ups-pays-40m-e...173625033.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member Four1Thr33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    2,122
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 53 Times in 38 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Ya I don't like how that sounds
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

  3. #3
    Elite PFM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    2,869
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 728 Times in 348 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Goes to show US Pharma using political favors, connections AKA their mob-like muscle to stomp out anyone charging a reasonable price for the same product.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

  4. #4
    Member dan991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    The U.S. Department of Justice announced Friday that the Atlanta-based company would also "take steps" to block illicit online drug dealers from using their delivery service.
    [/QUOTE]

    That's the scary part. What does that consist of exactly.....

  5. #5
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,496
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,092 Times in 7,788 Posts

    UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    If you're using UPS urine idiot anyway.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  6. #6
    Elite grind4it's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    who cares
    Posts
    1,633
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 305 Times in 194 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    This shit is out of hand....going after UPS and FedEx. Yet they are leaving USPS out. ****ing makes me want to puke. Commie cocksuckers

  7. #7
    Member dan991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Originally Posted by grind4it View Post
    This shit is out of hand....going after UPS and FedEx. Yet they are leaving USPS out. ****ing makes me want to puke. Commie cocksuckers
    Tell us how you really feel? LOL

  8. #8
    Senior Member goodfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    1,079
    Thanks
    481
    Thanked 236 Times in 182 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Something like this played out about a year ago with google too, but they were set up or something by the FBI I think the story was and also had to pay 450 million in fines to not be charged with any crimes. Go figure...

  9. #9
    Veteran BigGameHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Knots Landing
    Posts
    6,061
    Thanks
    9,330
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 2,992 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    I can assure you this will do nothing but make buisness owners even more fearful in an already shakey economic climate.

    Wonder if this is some get back on behalf of Uncle Sam. Since USPS is failing lets fine the ones who are producing jobs, security and tax $$$.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Wow i dont like that one bit ..... Xray machines ?

  11. #11
    Elite PFM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    2,869
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 728 Times in 348 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post
    I can assure you this will do nothing but make buisness owners even more fearful in an already shakey economic climate.

    Wonder if this is some get back on behalf of Uncle Sam. Since USPS is failing lets fine the ones who are producing jobs, security and tax $$$.
    That's all part of the whole game plan. Even his own Party is so PC drunk on being a part of black history they cannot see what the piece of shit is really up to.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

  12. #12
    Veteran BigGameHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Knots Landing
    Posts
    6,061
    Thanks
    9,330
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 2,992 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    That's all part of the whole game plan. Even his own Party is so PC drunk on being a part of black history they cannot see what the piece of shit is really up to.
    That is a great point that cuts right to the heart of the matter.

    Im not sure all of them are drunk. I think there is a group of white people whos ties can be traced to the hippies of the 60s that hate this country worse than any illiterate North Korean. They are happy with what is going on and want to see the US brought to its knees by anyone. Then there is a contingency of blacks and whites that dont give a shit what is going on they got a black president so **** off.

    This is so like the Roman Empire Mike.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    From the article I read it sounded like UPS was made aware of the illegal pharmacies and who they were a while ago, and they just decided to keep shipping for them and disregarded the fact that they knew they were illegal operations. That was the beef, it was that they were fully aware of the illegality of these companies and they continued to ship for them. I think its pretty fair to hold them accountable for it.

    That's just what it sounded like from an article I read today.

  14. #14
    Veteran BigGameHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Knots Landing
    Posts
    6,061
    Thanks
    9,330
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 2,992 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    From the article I read it sounded like UPS was made aware of the illegal pharmacies and who they were a while ago, and they just decided to keep shipping for them and disregarded the fact that they knew they were illegal operations. That was the beef, it was that they were fully aware of the illegality of these companies and they continued to ship for them. I think its pretty fair to hold them accountable for it.

    That's just what it sounded like from an article I read today.
    Curiosity, your one of my favorite people on this board I respect you and think you have the world by the tail man &thats real, so hear me out. Let me tell you Ive owned 2 buisnesses for the last 17 yrs. Ive never been charged with a crime in my ****ing life besides fighting.

    There is a PC arrest on me lately that says Im a criminal, a very buisy sophisticated, and devious one. I swear on my Lord, my kids and my reputation here with my friends that Im not. Not that Im morally better than someone that has bent the rules Ive just never had to. It doesnt matter the Govt and its GED detective said I was so guess what my career and reputation is tarnished and finished because some quack that works for the govt said so. Im tarred and feathered as a felon no more guns no voting and no more being self employed. The DA refuses to charge me because he knows he will loose but just the accusation will satisfy these corrupt ****s in lew of a conviction or a charge for that matter.

    C, Please dont believe everything these corrupt thugs say about others. (Richard Jewel, Trevon Martin) Often they are your friends or faimly whose lives they are destroying. OBTW some of these pharm companies are muslim or minority owned. Just think of the headlines if a huge company like UPS denied some poor imigrant or minority their right to commerce in the good ole USA.

    Until you have been a buisness owner you will never know how the target on their back feels or how it can dictate the most basic decisons. This is why PFM is refreshing to hear at times. He cuts through the BS and tell it like it is and how we should act, without the scrutiny of lawyers or govt that serve the same master. I know you will process this and take it for what its worth. This statement is not a shot at you man it just needs to be said and this is the time to do it.

  15. #15
    Elite dk8594's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,477
    Thanks
    3,623
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 1,500 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    UPS has to 'forfeit' $40M collected from online pharmacies to end criminal probe?


    This doesn't make sense to me. It's essentially a fine being levied without any due process. In essence, it's like an officer pulling you over and saying, "Give me $50 or I'll give you a ticket."

  16. #16
    Senior Member Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post
    Curiosity, your one of my favorite people on this board I respect you and think you have the world by the tail man &thats real, so hear me out. Let me tell you Ive owned 2 buisnesses for the last 17 yrs. Ive never been charged with a crime in my ****ing life besides fighting.

    There is a PC arrest on me lately that says Im a criminal, a very buisy sophisticated, and devious one. I swear on my Lord, my kids and my reputation here with my friends that Im not. Not that Im morally better than someone that has bent the rules Ive just never had to. It doesnt matter the Govt and its GED detective said I was so guess what my career and reputation is tarnished and finished because some quack that works for the govt said so. Im tarred and feathered as a felon no more guns no voting and no more being self employed. The DA refuses to charge me because he knows he will loose but just the accusation will satisfy these corrupt ****s in lew of a conviction or a charge for that matter.

    C, Please dont believe everything these corrupt thugs say about others. (Richard Jewel, Trevon Martin) Often they are your friends or faimly whose lives they are destroying. OBTW some of these pharm companies are muslim or minority owned. Just think of the headlines if a huge company like UPS denied some poor imigrant or minority their right to commerce in the good ole USA.

    Until you have been a buisness owner you will never know how the target on their back feels or how it can dictate the most basic decisons. This is why PFM is refreshing to hear at times. He cuts through the BS and tell it like it is and how we should act, without the scrutiny of lawyers or govt that serve the same master. I know you will process this and take it for what its worth. This statement is not a shot at you man it just needs to be said and this is the time to do it.
    Thanks BGH, your kind words mean a lot to me. The respect is mutual.

    I'm not familiar with a PC (probable cause?) warrant, or why such a thing would be issued with no intentions of charging you with a crime. I also don't understand how you could lose your rights to vote, own a gun and own a business without being convicted of a crime. I'm just not familiar with this legal device. However from your story it does sound like another example of the legal system trying to railroad a private citizen and sidestep due process.

    I definitely also agree that the government should stay out of the way of business as much as possible, I'm all for free market capitalism, small government, and legalization of many things that are illegal at the moment for no good reason. I think the laws that are in place are sometimes not enforced, and other times they throw the book at certain people or organizations with very little to no evidence, often times ruining innocent peoples lives in the process. I was just reading about this story before I read this post:

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/29...was-illegally/

    (for the record I don't read foxnews.com, I just searched to find the story i was reading earlier and thats where I found it.)

    Anyway, I hope maybe you have some legal recourse to reverse some of the things that are happening to you, I'd say lawyer up and if they're really ****ing with you for no good reason maybe you can make them look like fools in public and get a few bucks out of them.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    499
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    I also have no doubt that this is motivated, at least in part, to protect the profits of the US medical pharmaceutical complex. However, I will have to stick to my earlier comment that UPS was warned repeatedly as early as 2003 they couldn't knowingly ship products for illegal pharmacies, and internal documents from the company clearly state that they were well aware that that's what they were doing. As much as I am for legalization of drugs, especially many minimally dangerous medical drugs, the law is the law and I do believe they were aware that they were operating in a very questionable area.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...probe/2035647/

    Also, the "fine" is a settlement that allows them to avoid having to go to court, although had they gone to court they probably could have avoided being legally held responsible for this, they just didn't want the bad publicity etc.

  18. #18
    Elite DF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8,383
    Thanks
    4,931
    Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,792 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
    Thanks BGH, your kind words mean a lot to me. The respect is mutual.

    I'm not familiar with a PC (probable cause?) warrant, or why such a thing would be issued with no intentions of charging you with a crime. I also don't understand how you could lose your rights to vote, own a gun and own a business without being convicted of a crime. I'm just not familiar with this legal device. However from your story it does sound like another example of the legal system trying to railroad a private citizen and sidestep due process.

    I definitely also agree that the government should stay out of the way of business as much as possible, I'm all for free market capitalism, small government, and legalization of many things that are illegal at the moment for no good reason. I think the laws that are in place are sometimes not enforced, and other times they throw the book at certain people or organizations with very little to no evidence, often times ruining innocent peoples lives in the process. I was just reading about this story before I read this post:

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/29...was-illegally/

    (for the record I don't read foxnews.com, I just searched to find the story i was reading earlier and thats where I found it.)

    Anyway, I hope maybe you have some legal recourse to reverse some of the things that are happening to you, I'd say lawyer up and if they're really ****ing with you for no good reason maybe you can make them look like fools in public and get a few bucks out of them.
    Wow! That's some ****ed up shit there. Their house was raided just because they bought growing equipment. How long until my house gets raided for buying pins? Bunch of BS!

  19. #19
    Elite #TheMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    2,530
    Thanks
    421
    Thanked 720 Times in 499 Posts

    Re: UPS pays $40M to end online pharmacies probe

    darn...
    I wanted to buy growing equipment and a lab...
    for growing crazy amounts of wheat grass in my basement. my work out group loves the stuff. and bigGH. sometimes.... felons are the people I respect the most. they are REAL. your post hit home.

Similar Threads

  1. Are online pharmacies any good for pct ....
    By ortiz in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 05:49 AM
  2. FedEx Indicted in Prescription Drug Shipping Probe
    By Iron1 in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 11:43 AM
  3. It pays to increase your cell plan.
    By djt248 in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-07-2013, 02:07 PM
  4. FDA cracks illegal online pharmacies
    By AndroSport in forum Steroid Underground UNCENSORED
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-04-2013, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •