Divorced!

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this brother. It's sounds like you have the right attitude. Try and keep the shit out of your head and remember we are here for you.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sorry bro. most important thing is your daughter. you will always be her dad - make the best of it.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Almost 2 years since mine was final and things are better. Give it time, keep your head up brother. It is difficult but It DOES get better.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, but you sound like you are ok with the decision, you will be just fine :)

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah man Sorry to hear this, but I agree the most important thing is your daughter. You may not get along with your wife but you make sure that your daughter does not become a chess piece in a game that won't be won by either party. Focus on her and be respectful about her mother in her presence (say want you want out of ear shot!!!) And time will ease this situation.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
man i have been their 3 times and each time it was a hard decision but always was the right 1. i am sorry for any pain you have to go thru but you will be better. my parents stayed together" for the kids" and they made are lives miserable. i am 3 hours up the road if you need to get away and will drag your ass to my gym, show them boys a couple of steel monsters...k

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shane as long as you are happy, do whats right for you. I dont know how fucked up your relationship was and how much your kid saw, but I will tell you this..........As a kid and really still to this day I would have rather seen my parents divorce than stay together. Its not always a bad thing for the kid. It sucks being mind fucked as a kid.

I agree 100%. I saw a lot of shit my dad to my mom when I was a kid. Huh... and they wonder why I had to take anger management classes...just be there for your kid all you can brutha.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Come close a few times but fortunately we worked through it. I've seen buddies go thru it and it needed to be done, some women can become unbearable. Better to get out before you hate her!!!! I'm sure you've exhausted your efforts. Your daughter comes first, you may actually form a stronger bond with her once everything settles down. Good luck bro.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know one thing. Life is too short to be unhappy. I've been through it and I promise you that you'll look back and wonder why you waited as long as you did.

It sounds like you are making the right decision. Good luck brother!