Blood pressure / resting heart rate - Before and during cycle

Times Roman

Reaction score
I usually monitor my BP fairly close, but really haven't thought to compare it to anyone else.

Before Cycle:

125/80 - 65 resting pulse rate (this varies)

During Cycle - (this AM)

187/90 - 74 - this seems pretty high to me, but once off cycle in three weeks (end of April), my BP drops to normal pretty fast

Additionallly, I am taking BP meds, once in the evening and once at night.

Braw16

Reaction score
What kind if BP meds I went down to one time a day and I'm on now my BP has been perfect but I have trouble getting my hr into the 120's when doing cardio. Maybe you need to switch I'm on a beta blocker called propranolol 60 twice a day. I wouldn't screw with your BP you need to get it under control.

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That blood pressure is nasty mate and you definitely want to get that under control asap.

Currently test e 500mg/week, just started 50mg var ed and blood pressure is around 129/75.
This is slightly higher than my pre cycle BP. My resting heart rate hasnt moved at all and is around 52-55.

Times Roman

Reaction score
I've recently upped my tren from 250 to 500mg/week.

just took 4mg of doxacard and will wait an hour before rechecking BP. then off to the gym...

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is the deal with bp. You cant check it once a day and go off those results. Bp is very touchy. Getting off the couch can bump it up 40 points. You need to check it 3 times a day to figure out what your average is. Roman..180 is rediculous man. That level (if sustained for a decent amount of time) is organ damaging. If your taking bp meds twice a day and its not working then you need a different bp med. They dont all work for everyone. I take 40mg lisinorpil twice a day and depending on my activity it can reach the 180s. Bp meds will still allow your bp to raise depending on circumstance.

Braw..if you want your heart rate to go up then get off the beta blocker. Beta blockers regulate heart rates and that is why old folks take them alot..especially people with heart problems. Switch to lisinopril or another type of bp med.

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying to my post roman. I had not seen your post. Cobra had some great info on this topic. I'm really thinking of going to the doctor after i get my bloods just in case. Ill probably post up the results.

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not to thread jack but, this may be relevant to the thread somehow

My bp was 122/80 before i started my npp and running 500mg test. I blast and cruise and bp has never been an issue for me until last week. I have been running 500mg test e and 400mg npp on week 10 now. Last week i upped the npp to 500mg, it was a mistake along with that i got trashed at a buddys wedding. Not the best idea, but the first time i drank in 2 months. Back down to 400mg on the npp and 500 on the test.

Since then my bp has been-

140/90, 155/99, 150/90, 143/88 pulse has been anywhere from 72-88 not to crazy but its been 4 days since i got drunk. Im not drinking again for a few months. I have been drinking about 5 liters of water along with fish oil, and a bunch of other supps. I hope it goes down.

Should i consider any bp meds or just wait a few more days for the bp to get normal? Have also been skipping the pre workout, stimulants before the gym.

Thanks R1

Times Roman

Reaction score
I think there is a lesson to be learned in here somewhere.....

...ended up going to the doc right after the gym just to have my BP taken...

123/78 - 73 resting pulse rate (yes, i took my BP meds this AM)

got home and then my machine said this

211/79 - 78 resting pulse rate. taken maybe 90 minutes apart.

So I'll change my batteries and see what happens. if still strange reading, my doc said to bring my machine in and we can do a side by side comparison.

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you got it under control

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think there is a lesson to be learned in here somewhere.....

...ended up going to the doc right after the gym just to have my BP taken...

123/78 - 73 resting pulse rate (yes, i took my BP meds this AM)

got home and then my machine said this

211/79 - 78 resting pulse rate. taken maybe 90 minutes apart.

So I'll change my batteries and see what happens. if still strange reading, my doc said to bring my machine in and we can do a side by side comparison.

Wow 211/79! May need to throw that machine in the trash! Good to see you got it back down though. I experianced high BP my last cycle, I know first hand its not fun

Times Roman

Reaction score
Good to hear you got it under control

ha! now that i think about it, it probably was never out of control!

Wow 211/79! May need to throw that machine in the trash! Good to see you got it back down though. I experianced high BP my last cycle, I know first hand its not fun

I was a little stressed. I'm on a heavy (for me) cycle and my age, so yeah, I'm relieved!

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good shit brother glad it's being handled. And a 211 holy balls I hope them battery's are bad cause that sounds like stroke

Times Roman

Reaction score
Good shit brother glad it's being handled. And a 211 holy balls I hope them battery's are bad cause that sounds like stroke

yeah, two days ago, i was sitting around, popping BP pills, and taking my BP like a dozen times.......

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey times great post brother and happy u have Ur bp under control