Thanks

lab test in your own home

This is the future, lab test on your iPhone. Wouldn't it be great not to have to go get blood work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=r13uYs7jglg

Thanks
    Thanked 3,361 Times in 1,803 Posts

Re: lab test in your own home

Interesting stuff. Strange how the rules are changing for trt docs. It's getting where they need face to face time.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,819 Times in 1,598 Posts

This is interesting. In an industry that's built around waste and inefficiencies, this could be game changer. However, I doubt that it's in the industries interest to make the healthcare system affordable. They're in the business of making more revenue; not less.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,361 Times in 1,803 Posts

Yea, I would equate it to having the technology to make school books/text book and homework available electronically for students. This would eliminate the cost of printing & having young kids carrying 30lbs of books & papers. We just dont do it.....ridiculous.

Thanks

oh wow this is amazing, technology is really picking up, this would be awesome to really monitor blood work and hormone changes thru out the day, and be able to monitor the heart and everything, BIG PHARMA will def step in, especially if they r seeing a loss in revenue

haha cant wait to see what device they shove in ur ass for that oscopy!! a worm with glasses on, or perhaps a little robot swinning around in ur bung whole haha good luck!!
    "I think I'm gonna try to do a barrel role, and if that goes good, I'm just gonna nose down and call it a night"

"Nahh....I'm a white Guy"

Muther Fawken RICH -RIP BIG BALLS

Thanks

Originally Posted by dk8594 View Post
    This is interesting. In an industry that's built around waste and inefficiencies, this could be game changer. However, I doubt that it's in the industries interest to make the healthcare system affordable. They're in the business of making more revenue; not less.
    I would agree there is a tone of waste. Do not get me started on that or I could be here forever. Apple and the ones coming up with the apps will be the ones pushing this. They are the ones that will profit the most. I think most Doctors (not all) will be forced to staying up to date with this new technology. I for one would chose a doctor who offered this service over another doctor who did not.

Thanks

Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    oh wow this is amazing, technology is really picking up, this would be awesome to really monitor blood work and hormone changes thru out the day, and be able to monitor the heart and everything, BIG PHARMA will def step in, especially if they r seeing a loss in revenue

haha cant wait to see what device they shove in ur ass for that oscopy!! a worm with glasses on, or perhaps a little robot swinning around in ur bung whole haha good luck!!
    Big Pharma will not step in they are the pharmaceutical industry. They would love to see easier ways to diagnose people hopefully leading to more prescribed medications. The more you go looking for a problem the more likely you are to find one.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,098 Times in 7,789 Posts

This will never become mainstream. Obamacare will destroy this.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.