High WBC

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just had a blood test done WBC (white blood cells) came in at 14. I think the scale is up to 10. Should I be concerned? From my research it appears that high WBC can be a sign of infection but there's no visible swollen or red or painful spots on me where I've injected. Should I see a doctor to clear up its not an infection? Or think I might be fine just riding it out?

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always c a doctor, this is your health!

don draco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As FD said, see a doctor just to be safe. Better safe than sorry, right?

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Many things can effect the wbc count, even just something a stuffy nose, it means the blood is making more of the fighting blood cells to "fight" something.....Ive had a few "false" high WBC......14 is high so I would just get another blood cell count at the doc, i'd be willing to bet it will be lower if you test again, I wouldn't be crazy worried but def follow up for another simple blood cell count.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sore throat, cold, sinus infection ect.... Will do it.

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yep, you could have a cold coming on that you just don't really feel yet and your body is fighting it hence the higher WBC.

I went for a blood test one time, WBC was higher doc didn't seem to worried, said I must be fighting something. 2days later I figured out why it was higher. Had fluid in my ear which developed a very slight infection. I didn't even know cause I felt fine before. After that WBC went bac down by my next blood test....

I wouldn't scare yourself, see how you feel in the next day or so... I would bet, something's coming cold wise that you'll feel in a day or so..

brown1106

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty elevated wbc. Normally folks stay around the 7 or 8 thousand mark. If you aren't sick or see any signs of illness, then maybe the number may be just jacked up. Curious about your sedrate, do you have that number? The sedrate will tell you if you have inflamation anywhere that your body may be fighting. Like the other guys said, get a repeat lab and see if that number is true...

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't have sedate. I just did the female hormonal panel through privatemdlabs. The thing is that I can't tell if I'm actually sick or not because I'm fighting high estro right now which has me very lethargic and wanting to stay in bed all the time as if I was sick. I don't have a sore throat or stuffy/watery nose at the moment. Last couple nights I did feel like there was some kind of pressure in my ear when I was sleeping on my right ear when its on the pillow and I would turn over in the middle of the night it felt stuffed and then I would shake my head and it would clear up and the pressure would go away. I've never experienced this before up until a few days ago. Maybe that's fluid? Anyway I'll go to the doc tomorrow and have them do a blood test.

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's possible that my high estro is causing WBC to increase. Just thought I'd Google quickly to see if there's any relation and I did find an article confirming. Not to mention, that it looks like from my blood tests that my WBC has been increasing each time as my estro has been increasing:

"A basophil is a type of white blood cell present in the blood. White blood cells help protect the body against diseases and fight infections. Basophils help protect the body against disease and infections by eating some types of bacteria, foreign substances, and other cells."

"The level of basophils can be too high in response to an infection from a virus. Removal of the spleen can also cause basophils to be too high. The spleen is an organ that helps fight infection and removes and destroys worn-out red blood cells. Increased estrogen can cause basophils to be too high as well. Estrogen is a type of hormone that promotes the growth of some physical female sexual characteristics. Hormones are types of chemicals in the body that affect other cells."

http://www.medfriendly.com/basophil.html

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here's the results of my recent blood tests of E2 and WBC:

2-11 - E2 - 47.3 - WBC - 5.7 (before blast)
3-18 - E2 - 91.2 - WBC - 9.8
3-29 - E2 - 158.5 - WBC - 9.5
4-12 - E2 - 215.6 - WBC - 14.4

Illtemper

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
JESUS CHRIST MAN! are you lactating too??? Are you not concerned about your E level at all??? GET THAT SHIT DOWN AND UNDER CONTROL!!!!

username1

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
JESUS CHRIST MAN! are you lactating too??? Are you not concerned about your E level at all??? GET THAT SHIT DOWN AND UNDER CONTROL!!!!

of course I am concerned, that's why I have another thread on the front page, called, "High Estro!".

New Threads