Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Elite don draco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    915
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked 294 Times in 157 Posts

    Grapefruit Juice




    Grapefruit juice inhibits the cytochrome P450 CYP3A4 enzyme, which can affect the metabolism/absorption of a variety of drugs, increasing their bioavailability. CYP3A4 is a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily of enzymes. The cytochrome P450 proteins are monooxygenases that catalyze many reactions involved in drug metabolism and synthesis of cholesterol, steroids, and other lipids.


    Some links to more info on GFJ:

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17112309

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9548795

  2. #2
    Elite Azog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,968
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 594 Times in 403 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    It works. I swear.

    I used to slam some grapefruit or orange juice with my "party steroids" at raves/festivals when I was younger. Tripppppen ballllls breh.

  3. #3
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,494
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,097 Times in 7,789 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    So don, should we or should we not be ingesting gayfruit jews with our dbol?
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  4. #4
    Elite don draco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    915
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked 294 Times in 157 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    So don, should we or should we not be ingesting gayfruit jews with our dbol?

    Hahaha, not sure if that would be a good idea. I think it could be helpful to take gayfruit jews with anavar, though

  5. #5
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,494
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,097 Times in 7,789 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    Originally Posted by don draco View Post
    Hahaha, not sure if that would be a good idea. I think it could be helpful to take gayfruit jews with anavar, though
    I'm serious. I'm asking if it helps or inhibits absorption of anabolics. Why you pickin on my girl Diana?
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  6. #6
    Elite don draco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    915
    Thanks
    1,515
    Thanked 294 Times in 157 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    I'm serious. I'm asking if it helps or inhibits absorption of anabolics. Why you pickin on my girl Diana?

    Research has suggested that flavonoids and/or furanocoumarin present in grapefruit are the substances that act to block the enzyme in the intestines that normally metabolizes many drugs.

    Some medications that interact with grapefruit juice:
    -Statins (Cholesterol Lowering Drugs)
    -Antihistamines: Terfenadine
    -Calcium Channel Blockers (Blood Pressure Drugs):
    -Anti-convulsant: Tegretol (Carbamazepine)
    -Anxiolytics: Valium (Diazepam)
    -Anti-depressant: Sertraline Clomipramine
    -Cortico-steroids: Methylprednisolone
    -Oestrogens: Ethinyl estradiol
    -Anabolic Steroids: Dianabol
    -Impotence Drug: Viagra

    Gayfruit jews could help Diana.

    Yes, it'll increase its bioavailability. Is it a good idea? Not sure. Only one way to find out I suppose

  7. #7
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,494
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,097 Times in 7,789 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    Originally Posted by don draco View Post
    Research has suggested that flavonoids and/or furanocoumarin present in grapefruit are the substances that act to block the enzyme in the intestines that normally metabolizes many drugs.

    Some medications that interact with grapefruit juice:
    -Statins (Cholesterol Lowering Drugs)
    -Antihistamines: Terfenadine
    -Calcium Channel Blockers (Blood Pressure Drugs):
    -Anti-convulsant: Tegretol (Carbamazepine)
    -Anxiolytics: Valium (Diazepam)
    -Anti-depressant: Sertraline Clomipramine
    -Cortico-steroids: Methylprednisolone
    -Oestrogens: Ethinyl estradiol
    -Anabolic Steroids: Dianabol
    -Impotence Drug: Viagra

    Gayfruit jews could help Diana.

    Yes, it'll increase its bioavailability. Is it a good idea? Not sure. Only one way to find out I suppose
    Off to the store!
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  8. #8
    Elite j2048b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    somewhere?....anywhere, everywhere!
    Posts
    3,854
    Thanks
    5,120
    Thanked 939 Times in 699 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    UM DON... as before in ur last thread about aromasin vs anstrozole, i suggested u use the search function and again,

    discussed a few times within the last year:
    "I think I'm gonna try to do a barrel role, and if that goes good, I'm just gonna nose down and call it a night"

    "Nahh....I'm a white Guy"

    Muther Fawken RICH -RIP BIG BALLS

  9. #9
    Veteran BigGameHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Knots Landing
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    9,345
    Thanked 6,991 Times in 2,995 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    Cool my Valuim just got bigger.

  10. #10
    Georgia
    Guest

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    Viagra + grapefruit juice = 8 hour long erections?

    Now I know why Kai was screwing the grapefruit.

    So if I drink my Var + Grapefruit = stays in the system longer? Slower release?

  11. #11
    Mortal Kombat Legend SHRUGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    YMA
    Posts
    1,496
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked 378 Times in 259 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    Var and a grapefruit chaser sounds good to me! !SHRUGS!

  12. #12
    Elite gymrat827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    shy town
    Posts
    6,768
    Thanks
    201
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,268 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    lots of PH guys use to take it with their doses along with 4-6 fish oils.

  13. #13
    Elite Dtownry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Shit
    Posts
    1,012
    Thanks
    160
    Thanked 274 Times in 171 Posts

    Re: Grapefruit Juice

    Exactly what I have been using for my dbol...
    "I want a big fat black stank bitch, smells like chicken." B. Bundy

Similar Threads

  1. LE and juice.....no way
    By PFM in forum Steroids In the News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-20-2017, 08:19 PM
  2. Grapefruit Juice?? Increased absorbtion
    By musclebird in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 12:36 PM
  3. Beetroot Juice & GW501516
    By theminister in forum Anabolic Steroid Cycle Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 11:44 PM
  4. Grapefruit juice and Dbol
    By Capt'n Ron in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 01:51 PM
  5. more reasons to take juice ... kinda
    By CLSMTH700 in forum General Chat & Conversation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •