Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 925 Posts

Need some Opinions

hey everyone as yall know my dad died and he left me land in his will,split up between me and my 2 sisters,i got what I wanted first cause im the oldesvet,its not farmed just hunted on,and I don't hunt much any more,so the land really isn't doing me any good,I have a guy wanting to buy it and he's gonna give me hunting rights if I sell it,i really could use the money,and put some back in a cd for my kids when its my time to go

im in between a rock and a hard place,the land has been in our family for 3 generations,but they always farmed it and used it for that,now im thinking about selling some of mine,cause all I can do with this track is hunt on it,but I don't want to disgrace my dad ya know,i believe he left me the land for me to do what I wanted to with it

any opinions all?

Thanks

Re: Need some Opinions

Go with your heart. Your dad left it to you so you could do what's best for you.

Thanks

Originally Posted by coltmc4545 View Post
    Go with your heart. Your dad left it to you so you could do what's best for you.
    This ^.

I'm sure your dad would have wanted what was best for your future and the future of his grandchildren. If possible find other means,but children come first in respects of being a parent
    Proud Supporter of single MILFS

Thanks
    Thanked 18,100 Times in 7,789 Posts

Just keep in mind that once you cash it in, there is no more.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

the way it sets now,its costing me for the land,taxes,etc if I sell it,it would really help me out a lot and I could do some things that ive always wanted to do

Thanks

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    Just keep in mind that once you cash it in, there is no more.
    you are right brother,thats what is bothering me

Georgia

My dad slaves away and works his butt off...never enjoying life and never been on a vacation in probably over a decade...all over a piece of land that is costing a fortune.

We tell him all the time try to sell it and move to a small house and enjoy life while he still has it. But he won't. Because it's been in the family for generations.

Life is too short to be weighed down by a piece of land if it's weighing you down. I'd rather live in a small house on a small piece of property and buy toys and go on vacation than become a slave to taxes and a mortgage that I'll never pay off.

Go with your heart man. And sorry about your dad. I didn't know. RIP.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,100 Times in 7,789 Posts

Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
    My dad slaves away and works his butt off...never enjoying life and never been on a vacation in probably over a decade...all over a piece of land that is costing a fortune.

We tell him all the time try to sell it and move to a small house and enjoy life while he still has it. But he won't. Because it's been in the family for generations.

Life is too short to be weighed down by a piece of land if it's weighing you down. I'd rather live in a small house on a small piece of property and buy toys and go on vacation than become a slave to taxes and a mortgage that I'll never pay off.

This is a great post Georgia. Me and my fiance even have this fight over our house. We're a slave to it and I hate it.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

Thanks

if I sold it,it would make things so much easier for me,i could be debt free and live a comfortable life and no worries of taxes and up keep on the land

Thanks
    Thanked 6,991 Times in 2,995 Posts

Weve got land just like that in our faimly. Its a matter of pride and respect, to be the one that inherets this duty. At least in my faimly. OBTW they didnt choose me because they thought Id sell it. Im glad its there and respect my cousin that has it. Its mine too just for hunting and such. Im also glad they didnt pick me cause I would have sold it. You ve got a big decision on your shoulders. Do whats right for you but like they said once its gone its gone.

My cousin makes money off this land. He leases some of it to a neighbor for his livestock and plant/harvests hay and sells it pays the bills on the land and helps maintain it. He harvests his own livestock when he needs to. You can make money from it if your close enough (miles) to it. Oh, you can borrow off of land alot faster than you can a CD. And as Dave Ramsey says there are not any factories that are making more dirt. Keep it if you can. PM me I can give you some ideas on how to make money with it. Or talk to Andro.

Good Luck

Georgia

Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    This is a great post Georgia. Me and my fiance even have this fight over our house. We're a slave to it and I hate it.
    Me & my mom talked about that one time. Isn't it better to live in a small cozy home and have small payments and use the money you save elsewhere? Me & my mom and my family go AT LEAST once a year around the country. California, Oregon, Canada, Maine, New York, Mexico....SOMEWHERE...with all the money we save. I can't imagine working every monotonous day realizing I have nothing to look forward to other than sending all my money away to pay for grass and dirt. So much to see and experience. The more money in your pocket the more of life you get to enjoy. Just my two cents. A big house or a bunch of land would not make me happy.

Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    if I sold it,it would make things so much easier for me,i could be debt free and live a comfortable life and no worries of taxes and up keep on the land
    Then that's your answer bro. That's what your heart is telling you. You're not 20 anymore Bullseye. You need to live now...like you said...comfortably. Please don't live your last years miserable and broken over a piece of property that is easily replaceable. It's just a home and just a piece of land...so much more to life than that.

Thanks

well I don't havet to sell it,but it would make things soooo much easier for me to live,plus the guy who wants it is gonna let me hunt it anyway

Thanks

Me & my mom talked about that one time. Isn't it better to live in a small cozy home and have small payments and use the money you save elsewhere? Me & my mom and my family go AT LEAST once a year around the country. California, Oregon, Canada, Maine, New York, Mexico....SOMEWHERE...with all the money we save. I can't imagine working every monotonous day realizing I have nothing to look forward to other than sending all my money away to pay for grass and dirt. So much to see and experience. The more money in your pocket the more of life you get to enjoy. Just my two cents. A big house or a bunch of land would not make me happy.

Then that's your answer bro. That's what your heart is telling you. You're not 20 anymore Bullseye. You need to live now...like you said...comfortably. Please don't live your last years miserable and broken over a piece of property that is easily replaceable. It's just a home and just a piece of land...so much more to life than that.
    you are right on Georgia,thats what is in my mind

Thanks

Originally Posted by coltmc4545 View Post
    gotta agree with colt

Thanks

I would never ever ever ever sell land like that. Keep it. Figure out a way for it to make you money if you dont want to farm it anymore. Charge people to hunt it. Theres gotta be a way to offset the property taxes. We all want the quick cash, but once you get it and spend it, its gone.....

Thanks

Originally Posted by Big Worm View Post
    I would never ever ever ever sell land like that. Keep it. Figure out a way for it to make you money if you dont want to farm it anymore. Charge people to hunt it. Theres gotta be a way to offset the property taxes. We all want the quick cash, but once you get it and spend it, its gone.....
    well I can make money off it if I keep it by the govt programs they offer,enough to pay the taxes on it

Thanks

Discuss with your siblings... Maybe you all reach a mutually agreeable option. At least you know their thought and feelings. Good luck... You will make the right decision.
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,381 Times in 4,491 Posts

take the money and go to vegas

Thanks

Depending on what leases our going for in your area you could lease it for hunting or partial hunting rights. Up near me its crazy expensive for leases. The one I'm in the farmer leases part of land for cattle, and most of what we hunt that isn't wooded is in CRP. Just food or thought. Once its gone you won't be getting it back and loose all control too.

Thanks

Hey my brother, I would say keep it. My father has spent the last 25 yrs building a house in my home country(Dominican republic), damn house cost millions, he asked me want would I like to have 30g's for my part or keep the house, I told him to keep the house. I haven't talked to my dad In a yr , don't have a good relationship with him but would hate to throw all the sweat and tears he put towards the house. Go with UR heart my brother. God bless u and UR family.
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast