Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. #1
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 779 Times in 531 Posts

    Truth about Follistatin

    First of all, if you hsven't heard of follistatin-

    Follistatin is a protein that acts as an antagonist to Myostatin. In other words, follistatin=shitload of muscle mass.

    Time to inject follistatin and get hyooge, right? Wrong.

    To even ****in work, you have to get human recombinant follistatin such as from Origene. Then you have to clone them into an Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV).

    THEN you have to take immunosuppressive drugs, just to ensure your immune system doesn't gobble those viruses (ie AAV vector) up and you keep the follistatin to be utilized.

    If you do all that shit right...enjoy your gains! What's great is that follistatin only affects skeletal tissue pathways.


    Now guys, think before you buy some folli

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    Theres so many ****ing peptides that I cant even keep up. Seems like a new one comes out eod lol

  3. #3
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 779 Times in 531 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    Originally Posted by airagee23 View Post
    Theres so many ****ing peptides that I cant even keep up. Seems like a new one comes out eod lol
    Man so many people made logs about follistatin the past couple years and all I can do is laugh lol

    Just injecting folli (mind you "follistatin" from frauds like ergo pep LOL) and they report gains..lol what a strong ass placebo they got

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    Man so many people made logs about follistatin the past couple years and all I can do is laugh lol

    Just injecting folli (mind you "follistatin" from frauds like ergo pep LOL) and they report gains..lol what a strong ass placebo they got
    Hey now if Phil Hernon says its good then it has to be right lmao

  5. #5
    Senior Member goodfella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    1,079
    Thanks
    481
    Thanked 236 Times in 182 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    Hulksamsh, in other words, your saying it's all B.S? :/ Asking cus I've always been really interested in follistatin for awhile now and have been meaning to post up asking here about it. I've seen so many mixed reviews on it, of guys claiming amazing and others screaming "bunk! I want my hundred $ back"! Then some reports of guys getting red fat welts and others claiming it's cus it was cut with tag. Any more feedback greatly appreciated...

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to goodfella For This Useful Post:

    Anzel (03-17-2016)

  7. #6
    Senior Moderator NbleSavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11,082
    Thanks
    19,570
    Thanked 9,993 Times in 4,978 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    I don't get the appeal of peptides. Too many other proven methods IMO to waste time and money on them.

  8. #7
    Elite PFM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    2,869
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 729 Times in 348 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    Peptides and their ritual of injection timing alone is ridiculous.

    If a guy starts lifting and eating taking Peptides of course he will grow, Peptides or not he will grow.
    Thugs
    Don't
    Matter

  9. #8
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 779 Times in 531 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    Originally Posted by goodfella View Post
    Hulksamsh, in other words, your saying it's all B.S? :/ Asking cus I've always been really interested in follistatin for awhile now and have been meaning to post up asking here about it. I've seen so many mixed reviews on it, of guys claiming amazing and others screaming "bunk! I want my hundred $ back"! Then some reports of guys getting red fat welts and others claiming it's cus it was cut with tag. Any more feedback greatly appreciated...
    As soon as I get home, I'll give more detail and link to the study(s) that matter, and explain the stuff.

    But yea-don't buy; its a waste and buying folli from non-legit biotech places is a huuuuge risk of buying bunk shit/unknown shit

  10. #9
    Elite grind4it's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    who cares
    Posts
    1,637
    Thanks
    589
    Thanked 307 Times in 196 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    Agreed. IMO, the cost, quality and consistency of offering coupled with PFMs points below make the return on investment to low.

    Originally Posted by PFM View Post
    Peptides and their ritual of injection timing alone is ridiculous.

    If a guy starts lifting and eating taking Peptides of course he will grow, Peptides or not he will grow.

  11. #10
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 779 Times in 531 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    Ok goodfella, as far as follistatin is concerned, there is only ONE good study done where they used follistatin (and not the Myostatin antibody, like MYO-029, or ACVR2B),and it was done on macaques (ie non-human primates).

    Here's the whole study:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2852878/

    You NEED a vector to put follistatin in the body in order for it to be utilized-that's why I say "wtf??" when people are buying folli and inject it straight up.

    Having to need an adenovirus vector brings another problem-they had to give the macaques immunosuppressive drugs just to ensure their immune systems didnt destroy the AAV carrier lol

    The last thing that makes folli a no-go is why would you ever buy shit like follistatin from a non-legit biotech company..no telling what you're getting

  12. #11
    Elite PillarofBalance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    20,494
    Thanks
    2,144
    Thanked 18,099 Times in 7,789 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    Ok goodfella, as far as follistatin is concerned, there is only ONE good study done where they used follistatin (and not the Myostatin antibody, like MYO-029, or ACVR2B),and it was done on macaques (ie non-human primates).

    Here's the whole study:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2852878/

    You NEED a vector to put follistatin in the body in order for it to be utilized-that's why I say "wtf??" when people are buying folli and inject it straight up.

    Having to need an adenovirus vector brings another problem-they had to give the macaques immunosuppressive drugs just to ensure their immune systems didnt destroy the AAV carrier lol

    The last thing that makes folli a no-go is why would you ever buy shit like follistatin from a non-legit biotech company..no telling what you're getting
    You're obviously some competitor of ergo pep with some sort of agenda. I've got my eye on you

    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

    Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

    automatondan (11-07-2016)

  14. #12
    Elite Azog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,968
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 594 Times in 403 Posts

    Re: Truth about Follistatin

    I need to get my buddy into the lifestyle. He is in grad school playing with shit like this...he can make us hyoooooooge.

  15. #13
    Senior Member DoriDori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Go dawgs
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Just got an email from PurchasePeptides about them carrying Follistatin,
    And then read this old thread from the search tab..........bummer!

  16. #14
    Elite BiologicalChemist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,162
    Thanks
    954
    Thanked 622 Times in 372 Posts
    I'm sure the IFBB pro's have their follistatin protocol down.

  17. #15
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 779 Times in 531 Posts
    Originally Posted by BiologicalChemist View Post
    I'm sure the IFBB pro's have their follistatin protocol down.
    They would need like 8,000 to 12,000 USD

    Then they would need STERILE conditions 24/7 to keep the viral antibody from degrading

    It's just impossible for a pro to do this, unless they can report to a lab that's funded by a huge college like Harvard

    No one working with follistatin and viral antibody combination would help a doofus bodybuilder

    No one is using follistatin in a legit, sterile, WORKING fashion

  18. #16
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 779 Times in 531 Posts
    Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    You're obviously some competitor of ergo pep with some sort of agenda. I've got my eye on you

    LOL just saw this..yes I do have an agenda

    I'm against tricking non-educated bodybuilders on the subject matter of follistatin, myostatin, and myostatin inhibitors on the strategy of recieving basically FREE money from said bodybuilders

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to hulksmash For This Useful Post:

    automatondan (11-08-2016)

  20. #17
    Elite BiologicalChemist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,162
    Thanks
    954
    Thanked 622 Times in 372 Posts
    Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    They would need like 8,000 to 12,000 USD

    Then they would need STERILE conditions 24/7 to keep the viral antibody from degrading

    It's just impossible for a pro to do this, unless they can report to a lab that's funded by a huge college like Harvard

    No one working with follistatin and viral antibody combination would help a doofus bodybuilder

    No one is using follistatin in a legit, sterile, WORKING fashion
    I doubt it's IMPOSSIBLE. What about foreign sources? Some of these IFBB pros have a lot of money and not all are doofuses. But I can see it's unlikely and hard as **** to do..human grade HGH is pretty damn expensive too, they're running that at high dosages. It's just a thought, I mean just look at this dude...

    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 9.59.39 PM.jpg


    Do you think follistatin will be available anytime in the near future in medicine or bodybuilding?

  21. #18
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 779 Times in 531 Posts
    Originally Posted by BiologicalChemist View Post
    I doubt it's IMPOSSIBLE. What about foreign sources? Some of these IFBB pros have a lot of money and not all are doofuses. But I can see it's unlikely and hard as **** to do..human grade HGH is pretty damn expensive too, they're running that at high dosages. It's just a thought, I mean just look at this dude...

    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 9.59.39 PM.jpg


    Do you think follistatin will be available anytime in the near future in medicine or bodybuilding?
    All of that is possible with gh, AAS, and insulin

    Now get people the size of ramy AT 3%, and I'll start to wonder if they did a 12k follistatin protocol with viral antibodies in a sterile lab

    They all reach a max size limit right now. Now that size limit(~280s, 290lbs, ~11%BF) starts leaving (300+lbs with 3% BF), then you start questioning

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to hulksmash For This Useful Post:

    BiologicalChemist (02-03-2016)

  23. #19
    Elite hulksmash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,861
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 779 Times in 531 Posts
    [QUOTE=BiologicalChemist;3424

    Do you think follistatin will be available anytime in the near future in medicine or bodybuilding?[/QUOTE]

    no..until any myostatin inhibitor becomes cleared for usage

    still in clinical

  24. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hard bump !
    How would one go about doing these steps you speak of ? I read the link you posted. I'm highly interested! Have you done this steps properly yourself ? Any suggestions with where I should start? I'm highly wanting to try this the correct way ! Thank you !

    #follistatin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Truth from Brandon Lily
    By PillarofBalance in forum Powerlifting News and World Records
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
  2. The truth about steroids Part 1 and 2... Video
    By HDH in forum Anabolic Steroid Cycle Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM
  3. The truth about riptropins
    By Zeek in forum Peptides And Growth Hormone
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 07:08 AM
  4. The truth please...
    By Bullseye Forever in forum Dieting, Nutrition and Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 07:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •