Are Anabolic Steroids Addictive?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just playing with some google search terms...

From the National Institute on Drug Abuse

Are anabolic steroids addictive?

An undetermined percentage of steroid abusers may become addicted to the drugs, as evidenced by their continued abuse despite physical problems and negative effects on social relations. Also, steroid abusers typically spend large amounts of time and money obtaining the drugs, which is another indication that they may be addicted. Individuals who abuse steroids can experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking steroids, such as mood swings, fatigue, restlessness, loss of appetite, insomnia, reduced sex drive, and steroid cravings. The most dangerous of the withdrawal symptoms is depression, because it sometimes leads to suicide attempts. If left untreated, some depressive symptoms associated with anabolic steroid withdrawal have been known to persist for a year or more after the abuser stops taking the drugs.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The effects are addictive, so in essence yes! :)

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know I have been looking forward to pinning....hmmmm.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate when people use the word "addicting"

There are the 2 definitions of "addicting"

1. To occupy (oneself) with or involve (oneself) in something habitually or compulsively
2. To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance

The first can be said about ANYTHING someone enjoys doing. The second is used as an excuse to blame substances for people's choices.

When I was in high school I tried every major drug you can think of (except basically crystal meth and ketamine). Never became addicted because going to college to better my future was more important. So you could say I was "addicted" to education, because I was "compulsive" about getting every single assignment completed and obtaining high marks.

People "addicted to drugs" just like what these substances gives them more than an education, a job, a family, etc so they put the drugs first. It's a choice. We all make it. But when people say "Ohh it's not his fault, he's addicted" it's a fucking cop-out.

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate when people use the word "addicting"

There are the 2 definitions of "addicting"

1. To occupy (oneself) with or involve (oneself) in something habitually or compulsively
2. To cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on a habit-forming substance

The first can be said about ANYTHING someone enjoys doing. The second is used as an excuse to blame substances for people's choices.

When I was in high school I tried every major drug you can think of (except basically crystal meth and ketamine). Never became addicted because going to college to better my future was more important. So you could say I was "addicted" to education, because I was "compulsive" about getting every single assignment completed and obtaining high marks.

People "addicted to drugs" just like what these substances gives them more than an education, a job, a family, etc so they put the drugs first. It's a choice. We all make it. But when people say "Ohh it's not his fault, he's addicted" it's a fucking cop-out.

Well put brother.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am not an addict it's cool I feel alive, if you don't have it you're on the other side..... LOL

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes, absofuckinglutoly.......

BUT its not something i mind being addicted to

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Of course your depressed your natty test levels are in the dumps...all those signs and symptoms are from crashed natty test levels. Not once do they mention that....idiots.

And yes I'm fukin addicted to anabolic steroids....come at me bro

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Of course your depressed your natty test levels are in the dumps...all those signs and symptoms are from crashed natty test levels. Not once do they mention that....idiots.

And yes I'm fukin addicted to anabolic steroids....come at me bro

Haha come at me bro! Awesome!!

dboldouggie

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm totally addicted. The feeling I get when I'm on cycle plus the gains, keep me coming back.

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am addicted to Copenhagen and pussy. That is about it. Though I do like my AAS.

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its kinda like pussy. I could maybe live without it, but who the fuck would want to....

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
"steroid cravings" munch..munch..munch..munch..munch. moooarr yumyumyumm

Hero Swole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its kinda like pussy. I could maybe live without it, but who the fuck would want to....

i couldnt live without it for long. anyone who says so, has a micropenis and its taking it in the ass. i cant stand does monks and catholic priest that say they married god. gtfo they are having orgy with nuns fucking milfs in the confessional booth or even worse serving "holy" drinks too little kids.

Reaction score
I've seen enough junkies who only got one thing on the brain, don't give a damn about their body, life, family or hell they cause to others in the need to feed their habit, they know their liver is dying and make no attempts to stop.

It isn't the same to me. Look at golfer's or any other sport type of nut who spends thousand of dollars each year on their toys n sport. (My wife thinks I'm nuts for my other hobbies and I tell her hey you said you didn't want a golfer and that's what ya got, your fault for not realizing it was on my brain 24/7 for half of year) Or a Runner who says they love the high they get from it.
Yeah, nothing beats the feeling of being on gear or jumping back on the next cycle but most do it reasonably and aren't harming society by it either. I love me some juice ;)

Reaction score
Just like anything, I think a certain percentage of people can become addicted. I'm a recovering drug addict (loved pot, booze, and some pain killers thrown in for good measure). I was sober 9 years without touching a drug besides IBU, tylenol, etc. A year ago, I did a 12 week test cycle. I was sad, but mostly happy it was over. I planned on pinning again this January, but some injuries arose. No worries. I'm impatient, but will wait until either mid-may until I return from a trip or late summer when it's a good time for me. I know.....cool story. My point was, I was very worried that I'd abuse it. Now the day I possibly try Tren...could be another story lol

Times Roman

Reaction score
One can become phsychologically addicted to almost anything...

sex
booze
drugs
attention
grooming
eating
not eating

so I don't see the article as anything other than something on the list......

Reaction score
I've been on and off 20 years and I've been on some kind of test 24/7. Now I'll cycle others stackable oils with it,but I can say I've been testosterone the last 20 years. So I couldn't answer the question,never went with out and don't plan on it.. AnalogMan

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its the results they give you is why im addicted, just a little.

New Threads