I'm Diabetic , Need Help on Cycle

Reaction score
I know I'm not the only Diabetic Type 2 here , I hope?? Anyway I eat what I'm supposed to,being diabetic but I don't think its helping my cycle. Any Brothers/Sisters have any Ideas on eating on a cycle with diabetic.. Thanks Much Analogman

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sup Analog? what exactly are you cycling? Not really sure what your goals are and how you are eating. "eating what Im supposed to be eating" could mean a ton. While on cycle for me, I upped my carbs but that means I had to up my insulin. But without knowing more, Id say your best bet is dont over exceed your limits on carbs. Go for a solid gain rather than just upping your carbs because you think that is what will help. Stay healthy with your sugar levels

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i am a type 2 but since being on a good diet i am off all meds with a1c of 5.6. i am on trt. anyway i do my best to get 250+grams of protein a day while my carbs i try to get from a whole grain cereal 12 grain bread and brown rice. no simply sugars if i can avoid it, min. fruit.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
agree with ken. stick to the slow digesting carbs but dont overdue it. i find with mine that if i dont get some carbs, my sugars will crash in the night and then im back to eating glucose tabs all night. im type1 btw

Reaction score
Yea its can be tuff. I eat a lot of those (big orange) tabs too. They taste like a sweet tart.. Anyway, What I meant by eating correct ,kind of like Ken, rice, chicken, eggs ,oats ,I guess I try to eat everything that has NO sugars. And I don't know about you all, but brothers I'm hungry 24/7. I go to a dietician and its a battle with her, I've been lifting 25 years and every time I walk in ,its like o my god is the first thing out of her mouth. I'm 5'9 240 -11%bf. My current cycle is 800 test/e/c/prop and 600 deca/npp,It all adds up to that a week. Last time I went to my Doc he couldn't read my A1c,to high,had to go to a lab. O Yea, great job Ken,5.6.....Off Meds..... I'm 5 shots a day Humalog and 1 at night of levemir. I've heard high fat diet??? What ever that is. I just wanted to shout at you all and get any feed back . Metsfan4life/Ken/POB thanks much Brothers.... As Always AnalogMan

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Food sounds about right, just make sure you are getting the right numbers in there and dont over do it. with your A1c being that high man, Id focus on your health before worrying about the cycle. cycle wont do you any good if your sugars are all over the place and health will need to be your main focus. Obviously by your stats, you know what you are doing but just keep on an eye on those sugars man.

Reaction score
Thanks Brother, as you well know, Insulin, test strips ,needles aren't cheap, well needles aren't bad. I'm trying my best staying on top of it, and I usely stay around 120-180. I have a female friend at the gym that is type 1,so I know what you have to deal with too Brother. I've been type 2 about 10 years. Thanks Again metsfan4life and wish you all the best too.... AnalogMan

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea its can be tuff. I eat a lot of those (big orange) tabs too. They taste like a sweet tart.. Anyway, What I meant by eating correct ,kind of like Ken, rice, chicken, eggs ,oats ,I guess I try to eat everything that has NO sugars. And I don't know about you all, but brothers I'm hungry 24/7. I go to a dietician and its a battle with her, I've been lifting 25 years and every time I walk in ,its like o my god is the first thing out of her mouth. I'm 5'9 240 -11%bf. My current cycle is 800 test/e/c/prop and 600 deca/npp,It all adds up to that a week. Last time I went to my Doc he couldn't read my A1c,to high,had to go to a lab. O Yea, great job Ken,5.6.....Off Meds..... I'm 5 shots a day Humalog and 1 at night of levemir. I've heard high fat diet??? What ever that is. I just wanted to shout at you all and get any feed back . Metsfan4life/Ken/POB thanks much Brothers.... As Always AnalogMan
as lean as you are, and you seem to have the diet dialed in, all i can say is get those sugars down man, being big does not do you much good if you are in a casket,, good luck ..ken

New Threads