Nandrolone for connective tissue repair ?

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am no expert but I know alot of you guys can help me out

I have a buddy he is older early 40's Never used aas in good shape. He works out regularly and would like to go harder but he says he is alot of pain do to a shoulder injury

He says he has a slight tear in labrum and articular cartilage damage . His doc recommended surgery which he would spare no end to avoid

So in your opinion do you feel the effects of nandrolone and the healing properties it has on connective tissue would be worth a try before the knife.

If so he is ready to go trt and consult his doc about this route
if not

Option 2 what about HGH I dont know if he is willing to go that route but I am pretty sure if I (you) tell him its worth a go before surgery he will

thanks for the help

regular

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've got about two hundred AAS and fitness related studies bookmarked. I have never seen anything which suggests nandrolone does anything beneficial for healing connective tissue. There is evidence that GH stimulates collagen synthesis and for that reason it should aid in healing connective tissue.

[1] Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19933753
[1] Full Study: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2821728/
[1] Full PDF: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...p0588-0341.pdf
[2] Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22961272

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
huh maybe I am wrong then I thought that it did have an effect on connective tissue. I always thought it was great for recovery and healing I just was not sure to what extent it worked

regular

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
huh maybe I am wrong then I thought that it did have an effect on connective tissue. I always thought it was great for recovery and healing I just was not sure to what extent it worked

That huge post which is on nearly every board claiming nandrolone works wonders for connective tissue doesn't supply a single citation. I'm an avid pubmeder and I've looked for evidence of that nandrolone heals connective tissue several times and I've never seen anything which suggests it does.

Joint lubrication from aromatase conversion of nandrolone seems logical. Increased collagen synthesis I've never seen any evidence for.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
IMO connective tissues don't receive the blood/oxygen exchange muscles can.

We see athletes all the time snapping and pulling ligaments right off the bone under their own strength, hence muscle repairs and strengthens at a rate faster than connective tissues.

I see no proof any hormones improving the rate of healing or repair of connective tissues.

Your friends best bet is stop smoking and drinking at least one month prior to surgery and abstain until cleared by the Doctor. Most non-union of bone is due to nicotine and next as alcohol. Since Ligaments connect to bones it's a no-brainer to a couch expert like me.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
BTW............I grew allot of bone and healed ridiculous fast running low Deca and GH pre & post op. I had no reattachment(s).

In hindsight I'd use GH alone because of the BP issues and incisions that bled more then any other surgery I had.

Times Roman

Reaction score
I am no expert but I know alot of you guys can help me out

I have a buddy he is older early 40's Never used aas in good shape. He works out regularly and would like to go harder but he says he is alot of pain do to a shoulder injury

He says he has a slight tear in labrum and articular cartilage damage . His doc recommended surgery which he would spare no end to avoid

So in your opinion do you feel the effects of nandrolone and the healing properties it has on connective tissue would be worth a try before the knife.

If so he is ready to go trt and consult his doc about this route
if not

Option 2 what about HGH I dont know if he is willing to go that route but I am pretty sure if I (you) tell him its worth a go before surgery he will

thanks for the help

I'd suggest TB500 instead

Cashout

Reaction score
I've got about two hundred AAS and fitness related studies bookmarked. I have never seen anything which suggests nandrolone does anything beneficial for healing connective tissue. There is evidence that GH stimulates collagen synthesis and for that reason it should aid in healing connective tissue.

[1] Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19933753
[1] Full Study: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2821728/
[1] Full PDF: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...p0588-0341.pdf
[2] Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22961272

Same here. I've researched this at length and there is nothing to suggest any advanced effect on repair or regeneration of non-muscle soft tissue.

This is one of those "broscience" assertions that gives justification for guys to jam some nandrolone into their protocol. I know there were other HRT providers that tout the "joint healing effects" of nandrolone to their clients and it is, IMO, not appropriately grounded in the litureature.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah the lubrication of joints from nandy IMO is just a bandaid. I've seen alot of guys lately swearing by TB500. Have him go that route first as its pretty inexpensive. If that doesn't help throw gh in. If that doesn't help then probably nothing but surgery will and even that's a coin toss.

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I thought deca and annavar were proven to increase collagen synthesis, and that collogen is used by the body to repair connective tissue. dont doctors prescribe deca and annavar to help osteoarthritis and joint issues post surgery? The opinions of deca across the steroid community are so strong towards believing deca can fix a bad joint, but then again everyone always says when they come off the pain just comes back...

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your friend should possibly consider the surgery. Had mine for the same thing at the end of 2011. Glad I did it. But mine was so bad phy ther would not work.