Blood Donating issue

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I went to donate blood because my rbc count is through the roof but they wont take it because my heart rate wont go below 110. I cant get it below 110. i even took 1mg of xanax an hour before I went. Any ideas of what I can do. I went to the gym last night and before I took anything and before I worked out I checked my heart rate and it was 118.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Holy crap brother!

Reaction score
Once will do almost nothing anyway, you need to get a doc to make a order so you can go to the hospital and get it done whenever you like. I have to get a phlebotomy done every two weeks to keep my hemoglobin and hematocrit under control

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your on tren/test right???

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's mad high brother I hope that comes down .. I'm hoping there ain't to caffeine or stims being run

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was on test/ tren but I jumped over to test / deca now. I am calling my doc on monday. I cant remember the last time I saw my heart rate under 110. What pissed me off was last year they took it while I was on test/deca/dbol, and I had just left the gym. I can promise you when I walked into there it had to be above 130.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Beats per min? That's not good at all... Blood pressure sure but bpm that high is not normal unless they tested u wile running

Reaction score
Good call on the doc appointment, resting heart beat should around 80 bro

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Resting at 80 is even high.. My resting is like 60

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That's freaky high. Its like you re doing light cardio 24/7

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe thats why I stay so vascular. I checked it again today and it was 116. I worked out and did 2 min of cardio and checked it and it was 180. Not sure at what point your heart just blows up but I will say I am concerned. I am going to call my doc tomorrow and ask them to look at there records and see what it was last time I was there. His office is an hour drive so surely it had to be as low as it gets.

Reaction score
I've had all heart tests done including a angiography, they should give EKG and then a heart halter to wear to record your hearts activity. For you the stress test which means they hook up some electrodes and make you run on a tread mill for as hard and long as you can to determine max heart beat and how Long it takes to return to normal, they may also elect to inject you with a substance before this test and later take a X-ray. They will find out pretty fast if their is anything wrong bro. Just get on it.

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've had all heart tests done including a angiography, they should give EKG and then a heart halter to wear to record your hearts activity. For you the stress test which means they hook up some electrodes and make you run on a tread mill for as hard and long as you can to determine max heart beat and how Long it takes to return to normal, they may also elect to inject you with a substance before this test and later take a X-ray. They will find out pretty fast if their is anything wrong bro. Just get on it.

I appreciate the info. I called my doc today and they are all on a week vacation. Go figure. I will have them do whatever it takes to find out whats going on. I want to be healthy. 37yrs old is to young for another heart attack.

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
feel better Cokezero, get all the issues fixed. You have already had a heart attack before?

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
feel better Cokezero, get all the issues fixed. You have already had a heart attack before?

Ya I had a massive heart attack when I was 19. My heart stopped for 4 min. It was a cocaine overdose. But I have had my heart checked several times since then and they see no problems. I'll get this figured out and get on down the road. I appreciate it man.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad u are ok after that OD.. I had a few close calls my self
So glad I kicked that habit

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad u are ok after that OD.. I had a few close calls my self
So glad I kicked that habit

You and me both. I was in way to deep. When I had the heart attack I was up to a $900 habit a day. Once coke gets ahold of you, you go for a ride of your life. I use to love it but now looking back, what I would give to trade those days out for some good old steroids. I could have built solid muscle instead of eating it all away. Cocaine is a dead end road. If you don't quit its just a matter of time before you die. I been to way to many funerals because of it and heroin. Im glad you quit man..

New Threads