Heart murmur

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone here is on AAS and deals with a heart murmur? A couple year ago I jumped on a cycle of test e/tren A, this was my third cycle in 2 years time. Towards the middle of my cycle I noticed that about 15 min after my work out session, I would feel light headed and almost like my body forgot how to breathe for about 30 sec. I thought I was having mini heart attacks so I went to the doc asap. He told me it was a false beat, and is harmless. The thing is I have never had this problem before and it freaks me out, even after dealing with it for two years now. Anyone else deal with this problem or just a typical heart murmur in general?

oldskool954

Reaction score
Is it only on cycle or every time you go to the gym?

Cashout

Reaction score
Have you had an EKG yet? While the symptom is harmless, it is important to determine a cause. There is typically a root cause for these type of things. I speak from personal experience.

I began to experience the same thing in 1993. It was dismissed as "just an irregular" beat by the initial screening physician. Since my Dad was a physician, he order additional testing. After as few simple tests, it was discovered that I had developed a condition known as hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I had a slight enlargement of one of the muscles in the heart. Periodicity, it was creating irregular beats.

Working with cardiologists and staying off of AAS my condition reversed itself.

I'd strongly suggest that you get a full workup and try to identify any underlying causes.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's on and off cycle.

Cash, I had an EKG done and they said everything looked fine. I had two done actually with a couple months inbetween. I also wore one of those monitors in middle school when they first found out about the murmur. I don't remember what they said but I know physical exercise was ok.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok, from what my mom has told me and some research, I think it might be Mitral Valve Prolapse. My mother said it was my mitral valve, so after researching mitral valve prolapse and heart murmurs are closly related. They use to recommend anitbiotics to me before any dental work in case of an infection and this is common with people who have MVP. Everything I've read says its harmless, but I'm not sure if AAS can make it more pronounced? Or maybe I'm just being a hypocondriac?

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Rise becareful, the only piece of advice I can tell u man is if Ur feelin funny take a seat for a sec and let it pass, drink water or something and relax. Last thing u need is to fall on something if u get dizzy.

Cashout

Reaction score
Cardiac muscle is very different from typical skeletal muscle. There are differences in morphology, function, ect. Today we have far better diagnostics (Doppler, ect) than those that were available in 1993 when I was initially diagnosed. I would be very vigilant in monitoring the condition. Androgens have a very pronounced effect on cardiac muscle just as they do on skeletal muscle.

Things to consider 1) your age 2) the duration you've used AAS - the longer your history the more concern is warranted 3) other cardiac issues including percentage ejection fraction. You might want to get that checked lastly, any compounding issues like skewed lipid profile, BP, and Crit %.

Ok, from what my mom has told me and some research, I think it might be Mitral Valve Prolapse. My mother said it was my mitral valve, so after researching mitral valve prolapse and heart murmurs are closly related. They use to recommend anitbiotics to me before any dental work in case of an infection and this is common with people who have MVP. Everything I've read says its harmless, but I'm not sure if AAS can make it more pronounced? Or maybe I'm just being a hypocondriac?

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jada, yea it used to freak me out bc it always happened while i was driving back home from the gym, now it happens every so often. I've noticed it twice today.

Cash, thanks for the heads up on what to look for. I'm getting my bloods done soon so we'll see what they say. As for the general info, I'm 27 and have done about 5 cycles in the last 4 years.

curls

Reaction score
I had a heart murmur all my life. I also have some muscle fibers on my heart that will be contract on there own (not in sync with the rest of the heart). This will happen if I take a stimulant or drink to much tea which has a lot of caffeine. To much test will do it to. When it happens it feels like you are not getting enough oxygen to your body. I have gone to doctors and the ER. When they hook me up to the machines the alarms will go off at the nurse station constantly. Every ER I have been in gets tired of hearing the alarms and turns them off. This runs in my family and I have had a family member treated. The old way to fix this was to go through your piss hole and up to your heart (now they can go through other areas in the leg or arm). The doctor will burn or freeze the heart muscle fibers that are the problem.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Caffiene doesn't effect it at all, which i find weird now that I think of it. What doses do you use that don't effect it? I normally do 750 of test, but going to do 600 this go around.

curls

Reaction score
-Caffiene will not always effect it but i have seen a pattern with it that it sometimes will be aggravated by it.

-Low doses compared to a lot on here 500 will trigger an irregular rate. The standard trt doses do not effect it at all.

-You talked about getting blood work. You need to wear a monitor so they can see what is happening or go to the ER when it happens. Blood work alone will not show them the problem (atleast for me). I do not believe there are any markers in the blood for this like there would be after a heart attack.

-FYI: my dentist does not give me an antibiotic anymore. They have concluded that the bacterial infection risk is low.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea I read that about the bacterial infection. I had a monitor attached to me when I was younger, I fuckin hated it, it looked like a little purse. But anyway the reason I had the test done was bc they wanted to see how bad the murmur was before I was signed up to play basketball at my school. I was cleared for physical activity, and never had a problem or even noticed it util a couple years ago.

I looked into getting it monitored again, but I don't have health insurance atm, and even if I did, they would prob drop the coverage bc it's a preexisting condition. With out health insurance it would be about 1600 for all the monitoring, don't really have that kind of cash.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Alright, so today I went in to do an examination for my fire school to make sure I am medically cleared. Well I had another EKG done, and failed all three that they had me do. I'm not sure what has happened in the past two years since I've had one done but something sounds not so right. The doc came in and told me that I am having trouble with the electical connections and pumping of the heart and there are two places that sound "clogged". He said out of the 7 people that have come in for examinations, I am the second person with this problem, but the other patient went through a sonogram of the heart and an exercise test and was cleared. According to him its common in people who exercise heavily.

Well I'm not sure if the patient before had noticed any symptoms before finding out, but from what I've read, all the symptoms I have been feeling and the explanation the doc gave me point to Wolff-parkinsons-white syndrome. I have an appointment for the stress test next tues and one for the sonogram the following tuesday. If it is WPW, good bye anabolics and probably my career choice. This is pretty much one of the shittiest days of my life.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sorry to here this, we always need more brave men that run into danger and not away from it

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can't be the shittiest day because you're still breathing. You don't need gear to be a beast, brother.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Curious about this. I will randomly get some kind of chest pains as well. Out of nowhere it feels like someone stabbed a knife into my heart, and breathing makes it hurt worse. Is it anything like this OP?

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No, no pain at all. The symptoms I have are shortness of breathe, dizziness, rapid heart beat, and every now and then my heart will pump super hard.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sounds also like tachacardia

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have this same EXACT issue brother. Tried all kinds of shit to make it stop and beat normal over the years. CoQ10 can suck my ass that shit don't do anything for the irregular beat. Try this, hands down the best AND ONLY product I've ever used for heart palpitations. 1 capsule 2x daily and it has blown my mind. Did a bunch of research and found many MANY people feel the same as I do. MAGNESIUM TAURATE by Cardiovascular Research Ltd.
!SHRUGS!

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shrugs, have you gotten it checked out by a doctor and is yours an electrical problem inside the heart as well? Unfortunatly I cant pin point what I have myself bc there are a ton of things that involve the heart that have the same symptoms.

New Threads