Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Don't take life for granted EVER.

I really don't know any of you that well. I read quite a bit on here and have an understanding as to how many of the vets and regulars are here at SI. I have never met any of you in person, at least I really don't think I have. I still feel a closeness or connection to the site here.

My mother called me today around 2pm to inform me that my dad, who by law is my step dad but to me is my dad, passed away in his sleep VERY unexpectedly. It was a serious blow and a hard blow at that. Now as everyone has went through I have had loss in my life, this one has been the hardest now.

Too many people on here and in life generally take some things overboard and in life many people take what they have for granted more than they should. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed, not feared and secluded.

Tell people how you feel about them. Let loved ones know you love them. Don't think that tomorrow is a better day to tell your siblings or parents or anyone you love that you love them. Enjoy family and friends any chance you get. Let life live through you, not around you. Be happy with the good times and try to look past the bad. Ignore the assholes and celebrate the friendly. Help someone you don't know once in a while with getting their bags for them or holding their car door open while they get their kids out of it or grab that hard to reach item off the shelf for them.

Overall just be what you wish everyone else would be even when the mass is just jackasses and touch those who are around you. I miss my father already and even when he was here with my mother visiting for my birthday last Sunday I told him I loved him even with the thought that I would see him again. That is how to live, not without regret but without fear of expression and love and desire. Always be what you want your children to be and live the way you want others around you to live and love life no matter what because someday someone you are close to may be wanting to share about you the same way.

Georgia

Re: Don't take life for granted EVER.

I'm terrified of moments like this. The day that bad news is coming. I'm sorry to hear about this bro. You have a great way of looking at life.

Thanks

Dj:
    Im sorry for ur loss... Words cant express how hard it is and how shocking it is when someone u just talked to or saw, is no longer there... May he rest in peace and u eventually find solace and also peace...
    "I think I'm gonna try to do a barrel role, and if that goes good, I'm just gonna nose down and call it a night"

"Nahh....I'm a white Guy"

Muther Fawken RICH -RIP BIG BALLS

Thanks
    Thanked 8,379 Times in 4,490 Posts

sorry DJ bro..Just remember death is a natural part of life

Thanks

Hey DJ I might be a little different than some on here, by that I will say I will be praying for you and your family. Always remember God is always in control.

Thanks

Hey man I very sorry for your loss. That is a horrible phone call to have to receive. I know from personal experience I had to find out my father passed in a car crash at 2 am by a Florida highway patrol officer and me and him had some tension the last we had talked. Just know that your father loved you and knew that you loved him.
    Be strong man for your mom and for yourself.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 647 Posts

sorry about that man. my best friend that i graduated with and i spoke to every single day since i was in elementary school died in a house fire 2 years ago. very unexpected and made me totally change the way i look at life. i talked to him the night that it happened and the next morning he was gone so i definitely agree about telling your loved ones that you care about them every chance that you get. very sorry for your loss my brother.

Thanks

Originally Posted by cokezero View Post
    Hey DJ I might be a little different than some on here, by that I will say I will be praying for you and your family. Always remember God is always in control.
    I am not one who believes in God. I do respect all those who do and when times like this happen and some says they are praying for me and my family I always take great feeling knowing they do it because that is what they believe in and feel and that is their way of giving respect of the highest level and for that I greatly appreciate it. Just because I don't believe doesn't mean don't respect and feel honored by that so thanks man.

Thanks

Originally Posted by heavydeads83 View Post
    sorry about that man. my best friend that i graduated with and i spoke to every single day since i was in elementary school died in a house fire 2 years ago. very unexpected and made me totally change the way i look at life. i talked to him the night that it happened and the next morning he was gone so i definitely agree about telling your loved ones that you care about them every chance that you get. very sorry for your loss my brother.
    Moments like this make me realize how lucky I am in life and how unfortunate others can be. Sorry you lost someone close to you is such a horrific way and I am happy you can take the time to share this with me and everyone else. It means a lot more than you know.

Thanks

Originally Posted by oldskool954 View Post
    Hey man I very sorry for your loss. That is a horrible phone call to have to receive. I know from personal experience I had to find out my father passed in a car crash at 2 am by a Florida highway patrol officer and me and him had some tension the last we had talked. Just know that your father loved you and knew that you loved him.
    Be strong man for your mom and for yourself.
    My wife had a very similar situation a little over a year before I met her with her father. It isn't easy to find out from someone you don't know that someone you have loved your whole existence is gone so I can only empathize with you on this. It isn't easy but having strong peple in your life can always make it easier and being here does help quite a bit so thanks bro for sharing.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Brother Bundy View Post
    sorry DJ bro..Just remember death is a natural part of life
    This is very true and something I firmly believe. Having sad emotions is part of life too and outside of the sad parts of the day I have been remembering some of the great times I had with him and times he was able to see his grandson and all. It is still nice to have the clarity that being sad is alright as long as you know life is still there to live.

Thanks

Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    Dj:
    Im sorry for ur loss... Words cant express how hard it is and how shocking it is when someone u just talked to or saw, is no longer there... May he rest in peace and u eventually find solace and also peace...
    He will and this is very kind of you to say and heart felt. Tomorrow I am going to show my wife this thread so she can see just why this forum means as much to me as it does and why so many of you here make me laugh and feel welcome. Thanks bro.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
    I'm terrified of moments like this. The day that bad news is coming. I'm sorry to hear about this bro. You have a great way of looking at life.

Georgia I really hope you never have the chance for this to happen and if it already has I hope it never happens again to you. It is easy for people like friends of mine on Facebook to just say sorry for your loss, but not many have the respect to let you know how scary it is to them to know this kind of thing happens and even to someone you know in some way. I have much respect for you for posting this because it isn't easy, especially how society is now and social media and all being so in your face anymore. Thanks for the honesty and all because honesty isn't as easy to come by in life as many may think and that is the true form of respect and that means a lot to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,991 Times in 2,995 Posts

Sorry for your loss Bro. Keep your head up.

I agree its best to reflect on the postive in all situations.

Thanks

Sorry for yiur loss brother... I fear the moment when Ill here someone in my family passed
    Wolves don't loose sleepover opinions of sheep

Thanks

Sorry for Ur loss my brother , god bless u and Ur family. Thank u or that post.
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks

So sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. May your father rest in peace!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,196 Posts

DJ, very sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I also have a step dad who i consider a father as well, so i can understand. Its so true, i never really tell the people in my life how much i love them and this post is a true reminder of the importance of getting those feelings out there.
    There's nothing like a slice of tiller to get your day started -PFM

Dizz - you're white. Please dont say nigga - DieYoungStrong

DONALD TRUMP 2016

Thanks

Sorry for your loss brother!! I love what you wrote! When I was 22 and my mom passed away it "woke" me/us up that the saying, tomorrow is never promised today to no one is something that came from meaning...
    Stay modivated! You only have this life to make it happen!

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast