SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man this looks awesome
thesimplelife_zps679b0689.png

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Except on the other side of the house I want a pool, a generator, and a 4x4.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Have sometimes thought longingly about moving back to the old country after my kids here are grown. That kind of place, plus BGH's add-ons (and a metal out-building for my power rack) is exactly what I picture.

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A Can Am 1000 in Camo sittin off to the side would be just gorgeous...
!SHRUGS!

Kit'sTreasure

Lady Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm lookin' for right now. (Only a slightly bigger house)

G

Georgia

Living it Little House on the Prairie style. It needs a good reliable fourwheeler (Honda) to transverse all that gorgeous land. And you need guns...lots of guns...for no reason at all

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sweet house and the location is priceless. Gotta be near a town tho for all the groceries, a gym and to get my mail( gear+supplies)

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That looks great! Would love to be there for a month.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
put me on the beach , coral reef to snorkel, warm sunshine, a tall glass of a frozen beverage,,,ya i have thought of it a lot

Supra

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Except on the other side of the house I want a pool, a generator, and a 4x4.

Is this possible to do still somewhere in the country? I just want my own house some land, guns and a my truck

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^ yea in quite a few states brother

Supra

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
^^ yea in quite a few states brother

I am leaving California and would like to experience the great outdoors with a setting like that. Do you know where I should look?

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am leaving California and would like to experience the great outdoors with a setting like that. Do you know where I should look?

Utah is the shit. Other than that, Idaho, Colorado and Montana are hard to beat. Lots of other cool places those are just my favorites. West Virginia, Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri and Kansas ain't bad either.

G

Georgia

Idaho, Colorado, and Montana like Bubba said. Get land there. Beautiful, beautiful place with great weather. Avoid tornado alley states like Missouri and Kansas and avoid Georgia due to the sweltering humidity and heat

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Idaho, Colorado, and Montana like Bubba said. Get land there. Beautiful, beautiful place with great weather. Avoid tornado alley states like Missouri and Kansas and avoid Georgia due to the sweltering humidity and heat

its not hot and humid here in the fall bro lol

Supra

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How much do you think it would cost to buy some land from the government and build a log cabin on it up in the mountains? Nothing to facty, I know they have log home cabin kits and stuff.

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How much do you think it would cost to buy some land from the government and build a log cabin on it up in the mountains? Nothing to facty, I know they have log home cabin kits and stuff.
depends on were, plenty of land in montanna or the dakota's

Reaction score
Have family on land like that in Montana... And yeah guns 4x4s and do whatever the fuck you want on your property. They take landowner right very seriously in them thar parts.

Personally I need an ocean during the summer and a mountain in the winter. Was lucky enough to take 4 months traveling through Thailand, Loa, and Indonesia a few years back...waterfalls, river trips and beaches. Cost me nearly nothing and was totally of grid the whole time. Was completely awesome. Kid on the way so likely was the last chance. Still think about it everyday and still want to go back everyday

Reaction score

Always wanted to build a log cabin

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

My uncle had a 2 bedroom log cabin on 10 acres in a simular setting in CO for around 150K. Its nice too. Carpet, metal roof, CHA, fireplaces everywehere. Keep in mind he fenced the entire property, water, elec, access road etc. for htat price. Hes retired and loves it.

One morning he sent his grandson out to warm up the vehicles and get snow off the windshields. There were 3 big mountain lions all sitting next to one of the cars one looked like a younger one but still big. He took a picture and emailed it to me. Ill have him send it back and post it on here. It was awesome.

New Threads