Train Like an 'Operator'

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some of you that have seen my log know that I focus mostly on powerlifting now. Since I have done this, however, I find that much of the fitness I used to have has decreased obviously in terms of running, endurance etc. I am definitely not running 6 min miles anymore, or smoking the O course like I used to.

I thought this article was pretty cool. I still frequent this SOF website to keep up to date on things. The article deals with training that the top operator's use. Maybe some of you already train this way...

http://sofrep.com/12982/physical-training-in-a-tier-1-unit/

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i'm with ya boss! I was just saying the other day that I may run my next cycle without tren as it is really killing my cardio. I competed in a 3 gun contest last weekend and was winded as shit and wasn't even doing much. I remember after I left the service I kept up on running and thought i'd stay in shape but then went and did some drills with some of my old recon buddies and it wasn't the same.

11Bravo

Elite
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I'm a fraction of my former self.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Some of you that have seen my log know that I focus mostly on powerlifting now. Since I have done this, however, I find that much of the fitness I used to have has decreased obviously in terms of running, endurance etc. I am definitely not running 6 min miles anymore, or smoking the O course like I used to.

I thought this article was pretty cool. I still frequent this SOF website to keep up to date on things. The article deals with training that the top operator's use. Maybe some of you already train this way...

http://sofrep.com/12982/physical-training-in-a-tier-1-unit/

When you were running Sheiko your days off were mandatory. You are free to run now. I would suggest however that you do things like tire flips, hammer strikes, sprints, prowler runs, sled pulls etc...

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sled pulls, sprints, and parachute runs are DYnoMIIIte!!!
!SHRUGS!

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
now that the weather's warm. theres a school by me that leaves their tire flip football pushing set up and weighted running sleds out ....I was thinking of making myself welcome to the equipment this summer.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reading link, sometimes I go on the military channel and watch how navy seals go through hell in those workouts!

New Threads