Ideal body weight? Help plz!

Reaction score
Hey guys i know there are alot of other factors that go into an ideal body weight, such as bf % ect, i also know people say forget the scale use the mirror which i agree on, However i would like just ball park figures of what an ideal weight for someone my size would be without looking small.

Im 26 5"11 230lbs and about 21% give or take bf right now, yes i know that is high i now have my diet and cardio in check and the pounds have been melting away! Im sure muscle too, but im fine with that bc i really need to get that bf down and build the correct size and weight not just fat!

I was thinking maybe 215 and 12-15% bf is what im shooting for, Would i still be a good size? Any advice would be great ! Thx

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am 71.5" and 230 around 13% and I don't look that big, at least I don't think I do.

Just start training hard, you'll know when you hit your sweet spot brother. Who knows you may not feel good at 215 or 230.

Reaction score
i would say cut down to 10% bf and then decide what you want. everybody is so caught up in weight. thats all everybody talks about how they just finished a test and dbol cycle and put on 25lbs. they never mention what there body fat is or the fact that atleast 20 of those 25 pounds is bloat and fat. thats the only thing i hate about body building, half the guys at the gym just look like big fat asses but there only worried about putting on more weight?

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i would say cut down to 10% bf and then decide what you want. everybody is so caught up in weight. thats all everybody talks about how they just finished a test and dbol cycle and put on 25lbs. they never mention what there body fat is or the fact that atleast 20 of those 25 pounds is bloat and fat. thats the only thing i hate about body building, half the guys at the gym just look like big fat asses but there only worried about putting on more weight?

What in the fuck are you talking about? 20-25 lbs bloat and fat? Half you those "fat asses" could probably OHP you.
Do you do P90X? Yeaaaaaaaa you do don't you.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's very hard to say what your ideal body weight would be. Head toward that 215lb mark & see how things go from there.

cokezero

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you were 5'11" you could look big at 185lbs if you were at 8-10%bf. The leaner you are the bigger you look. I am 5'10" 185lbs right now i'm at 9% and everyone ask me if I'm around 210- 215lbs. Vascularity is where its all at. I would tell you to leave the gear out of it and really dedicate time to the kitchen. Building muscle and burning bodyfat all work the same way. Diet!! There are guys at the gym that out way me by 100lbs. They out lift me by 200lbs, but damn sure don't look like me. I have been carb cycling for 1 1/2 yrs and I swear by it. I dont care what the scale says or what the bench press weighs, I only care about what the women think. That's what gets me to eat like I eat and train like I train, NO other reason.. Good luck man.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
400lbs @ 4%bf

...but seriously you're the only one who can decide what your "ideal" weight is

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am 6' 220 15% last I checked I think lower then 200 if I was trying to hit 10% I have been as low as 209 and did not look like I was 10%. Just cut until your happy with the way you look work putting the muscle back on w/o the fat

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am 71.5" and 230 around 13% and I don't look that big, at least I don't think I do.

Just start training hard, you'll know when you hit your sweet spot brother. Who knows you may not feel good at 215 or 230.

Nobody knows how tall 71 inches is... Kinda thing short people do to hide how short they are... You a midget brah?

Dtownry

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nobody knows how tall 71 inches is... Kinda thing short people do to hide how short they are... You a midget brah?

Well I can give arithmetic lessons later but to answer your question yes, but I have a big PP so it evens out. Plus my mom says I'm handsome.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice on here, i am def going to get that body fat down, just kinda messes w my mind that the lower im getting down im losing size and strength, i guess its bad size im losing and once i get that bf down i can worry about putting mass back on. My diet is in check really 6 days a week now, and im doing 3-4 days cardio 30-45 mins, is that enough cardio per say give or take or maybe not enough? Again thanks guys u are Great

Reaction score
What in the fuck are you talking about? 20-25 lbs bloat and fat? Half you those "fat asses" could probably OHP you.
Do you do P90X? Yeaaaaaaaa you do don't you.

haha no p90x sorry bud. do whatever you want

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Is there REALLY and "Ideal body weight?" Not likely.
According to BMI, I am considered to be obese!
I am about 5'5" and I'm usually weighing in at around 185 pounds.
I'm always cut and I always have chiseled abs.
Go figure.
I don't go by weight...I go by the mirror.

haha no p90x sorry bud. do whatever you want

Rip

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just continue to add lean muscle mass and it won't matter what the scale says. Actually, you'll welcome added pounds because it will be in the form of muscle and it will increase your resting metabolic rate.
You have to be careful with High-intensity cardio, because it will cause you to lose lean muscle mass. As a result, your metabolism will slow down.

New Threads